2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

It really amazes me that a significant amount of people would vote for those far-right Republican candidates. Obama has repaired a lot of the damage on the world stage caused by 8 years of Republicans before him. Hillary was also a big part of fixing those relations. The fact that the US President not only affects Americans, but the rest of the world, highlights how irresponsible it would be to elect one of those Republican candidates

Yeah, I generally agree with you, but voting for a really right-wing Republican is not the answer. I disagree with you about not blaming Republicans. They're almost never held accountable, especially by the media. The media is too scared of being labelled 'liberal' so they try to portray everything as 50/50 when they're clearly not. Even just comparing Interview and debate questions that politicians get depending on their party.

Clinton keeps slim edge over Sanders in latest Iowa Poll

Hillary Clinton has kept a tight grip on her slim lead over Bernie Sanders in the waning hours leading into the Iowa caucuses, a new Iowa Poll shows. Clinton is the top pick for 45 percent of likely Democratic caucusgoers, with Sanders at 42 percent, The Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll shows. Clinton's support is up 3 percentage points from earlier this month, and Sanders' is 2 percentage points higher.
“This race is as tight as can be,” said David Axelrod, a national political strategist. “If Bernie Sanders had momentum headed into the final month, the race now is static and essentially tied."
“It comes down to who can grind it out on the ground on Monday night,” said Axelrod, a senior political commentator for CNN and an architect of Barack Obama's successful 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns. The results are within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
"Turnout is everything," Axelrod said. "If turnout is within a normal range, Hillary likely wins. If it goes higher, approaching 200,000, it will be a good night for Bernie."
It looks like it's gonna be a tight race in Iowa on Monday!

Clinton keeps slim edge over Sanders in latest Iowa Poll

Hillary Clinton has kept a tight grip on her slim lead over Bernie Sanders in the waning hours leading into the Iowa caucuses, a new Iowa Poll shows. Clinton is the top pick for 45 percent of likely Democratic caucusgoers, with Sanders at 42 percent, The Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll shows. Clinton's support is up 3 percentage points from earlier this month, and Sanders' is 2 percentage points higher.

This race is as tight as can be, said David Axelrod, a national political strategist. If Bernie Sanders had momentum headed into the final month, the race now is static and essentially tied."

It comes down to who can grind it out on the ground on Monday night, said Axelrod, a senior political commentator for CNN and an architect of Barack Obama's successful 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns. The results are within the polls margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

"Turnout is everything," Axelrod said. "If turnout is within a normal range, Hillary likely wins. If it goes higher, approaching 200,000, it will be a good night for Bernie."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2016/01/30/clinton-keeps-slim-edge-over-sanders-latest-iowa-poll/79537020/

It looks like it's gonna be a tight race in Iowa on Monday!

This is so exciting! It's literally a coin toss that will help decide who comes out on top and could change the race momentum for either of them

Bernie doesn't have the "look" of a leader or a president. This is an important when electing a president and has been since the beginning of time. Read the Time magazine article. He also sounds like he speaks with a lisp. lol

He's not winning the general election people. Go Hillary!

Bernie doesn't have the "look" of a leader or a president. This is an important when electing a president and has been since the beginning of time. Read the Time magazine article. He also sounds like he speaks with a lisp. lol

One could argue that Obama didn't have the "look" of a leader or a president either, considering that he is black and all U.S. presidents that came before him were white. So, we are going to discount a guy because he doesn't have the right "look"? How about voting for a man or a woman because he or she is correct on the issues and isn't bought and paid for by corporations? Instead, let's vote for the typical, Wall Street-fed politician because he or she has that look of being presidential. Again, I'm glad that I vote on issues and not on looks or lisps.

Wash that littlebastard tongue of yours littlebastard with bleach betch!

If looks were so important, Martin O'Malley would be winning

I think Martin o mallet should sharpen is twangy accent to match Reba's.

One could argue that Obama didn't have the "look" of a leader or a president either, considering that he is black and all U.S. presidents that came before him were white. So, we are going to discount a guy because he doesn't have the right "look"? How about voting for a man or a woman because he or she is correct on the issues and isn't bought and paid for by corporations? Instead, let's vote for the typical, Wall Street-fed politician because he or she has that look of being presidential. Again, I'm glad that I vote on issues and not on looks or lisps.

I wouldn't mind many of his proposed programs if there was aggressive oversight and the right people were in charge. But the right people are NEVER in charge :in fact I doubt they exist. :(

And on a cheerier note, voting results will come up quick after the Iowa Caucus (it's 2016 not 2012 -- no more waiting two weeks for accurate results :))

Microsoft has a cloud based voting system keeping track of votes. Tablets Android, Window, Ipad with Microsoft Apps and cloud software are involved

Go to this link and look for the video in the middle of the page and watch it.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/138617-what-time-will-iowa-caucus-results-be-out-microsofts-new-technology-will-streamline-the-process

I think this sounds like a good system

And on a cheerier note, voting results will come up quick after the Iowa Caucus (it's 2016 not 2012 -- no more waiting two weeks for accurate results :))

Microsoft has a cloud based voting system keeping track of votes. Tablets Android, Window, Ipad with Microsoft Apps and cloud software are involved

Go to this link and look for the video in the middle of the page and watch it.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/138617-what-time-will-iowa-caucus-results-be-out-microsofts-new-technology-will-streamline-the-process

I think this sounds like a good system

Thank you for posting this. It's definitely a cool technology. I hope we get results quickly and accurately.

There is some concern in the Bernie camp about this though. They think it's a hackable system and Microsoft (well, one of its founders - Bill Gates) has been a huge Hillary supporter in the past. There is some concern the technology might favor her. However, I suspect caucus precinct captains in Iowa will see if the results they report are the ones that show up.

Rubio seems to be the ONLY one the polls well against a Hillary or Bernie matchup, but I honestly think its because people don't know enough about him yet.

You know what? I've seen an hour of video of him speaking... He looks promising and more qualified than Cruz and Trump... I do want to ask Dems here whether things he said was true though... He was really convincing...

That's stupid.

How old is Sanders? I didn't bother checking... He looks older than Sophia Petrillo... Anyway, I am hoping for any President, just no Trump... He is strongly considering appointing judges to the SC to overturn same sex marriage in the US

Feel the Bern, putas! A man who was basically unknown a few months ago caught up with one of the most well known politicians alive right now.

WOOOOOOOO

Both candidates are spectacularly bad. I suspect that the bulk of Democratic voters will stay home. If the voter turnout is, say, fifty percent less than in the past, will the party rethink who they run? Or will they blame the weather? :p

That's the silliest thing I ever heard. Have you looked at pictures of some past US Presidents? Not exactly GQ material. And it says ALOT that sooooo many young voters flock to him because they love his message, and he is as genuine a person we have had in politics on a large national stage in recent memory. No one cares how he looks.

Feel the Bern, putas! A man who was basically unknown a few months ago caught up with one of the most well known politicians alive right now.

WOOOOOOOO

cheerleaders-suing-nfl-for-low-wages-and

I have been a bit up on him for a lot of years now. Mostly because of his interviews on news shows, but whenever he was on I always tuned in to listen because I loved what he was saying when normally I would tune whoever it was out.

You know what? I've seen an hour of video of him speaking... He looks promising and more qualified than Cruz and Trump... I do want to ask Dems here whether things he said was true though... He was really convincing...

Now to the flipside. With Rubio its all surface material. He is a handsome young man but scratch the surface and he is selling the same outdated bullshit ideas of every other republican.

How old is Sanders? I didn't bother checking... He looks older than Sophia Petrillo... Anyway, I am hoping for any President, just no Trump..He is strongly considering appointing judges to the SC to overturn same sex marriage in the US.

You have inside info. on this? lol

If looks were so important, Martin O'Malley would be winning

Nailed it. He is the textbook Brooks Brothers all American 'presidential' looking guy (like Mitt Romney etc etc ...) all useless Ken dolls who you'd see portraying the president in most Hollywood movies. Prob. is people now want the *polar opposite* of....everything that's always been the rules and cliches.

Trump has no plan at this point. He's crazy and kind of racist but you're getting WAY ahead of yourself. :lol:

He is going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it and ban Muslims.

Those are the only two plans I can think of from the last however many amount of months he has been in this race. :madgemanson: