MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blossom

Pet Shop Boys - Super [new album]

I´m stupid!!!!I wanted the Super mug, and I didn´t buy it in the concert, I was going to buy it on line...but they don´t sell it!!!!!!!! mierda!!!

On 11/7/2017 at 0:33 AM, promise to try said:

Yes!!!!what a great show!!!!!!!!! althougb I don´t like some of the versions they did, especially from some of their classics, it was a great night!!! full of dance and glamour! a lot of famous people, which was weird to me, but it was ok to have them dancing too!!!!!

hopefully in a few months they will come back to a less expensive place.In my opinion the show was better than the last one, although it has some similarities.Surprsingly, I don´t remember them playing their last singles...but the instrumentals!!! wow!!! they really sound good!

another thing that surprised me is that they have two real drum players, and another person on the keyboards...is chris feeling well???I hope he is, and it´s only an stupid idea that came to my mind.After losing some of my first idols, I´m a little bit scared about who will be the next

@promise to try I thought too it is a much better show than the last one, they truly present an electronic visual art in this one in my opinion... I'm so glad you liked it! 

I'm seeing them again in October this time inside an arena instead of an open festival from last march so I expect it to be a better experience. 

I think they added the musicians to make it a rounder show since they are not bringing any dancers or props into the stage. 

Sorry for your mug, Mexico is a paradise of ilegal (great) merchandise outside the arena so I'll be sure to bring some cash to spend in unofficial items. :chuckle: 

Anyone get the new remasters? Still waiting for mine 

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

Anyone get the new remasters? Still waiting for mine 

Already got them but hadn't have a chance to listen to them. 

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Already got them but hadn't have a chance to listen to them. 

Are you going to start with Nightlife first when you have time to give them a spin/listen?

Got them last week, first time listening to all of these albums, starting with Nightlife, the sound is superb, I've nothing to compare it with except knowing that I Don't Know What You Want stands out so much more sonically than it does on PopArt.

that Flamboyant 7" Mix is everything, the song has taken on a whole new life for me (again).

8 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Are you going to start with Nightlife first when you have time to give them a spin/listen?

I think so, just to give it an order and a timeframe context, it's so much to absorb so I guess that'll make it easier... 

How about you? 

I'll start listening today  :headbang:

1 hour ago, tasteinmen said:

Got them last week, first time listening to all of these albums, starting with Nightlife, the sound is superb, I've nothing to compare it with except knowing that I Don't Know What You Want stands out so much more sonically than it does on PopArt.

that Flamboyant 7" Mix is everything, the song has taken on a whole new life for me (again).

What did you get, CDs, Vynils or Download? 

I did download as I don't want to store them later. 

14 hours ago, Pedro said:

What did you get, CDs, Vynils or Download? 

I did download as I don't want to store them later. 

I got both vinyl and CD, and added digitally on spotify,although all songs Rent available for streaming yet.

vinyl sounds great.

40 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I got both vinyl and CD, and added digitally on spotify,although all songs Rent available for streaming yet.

vinyl sounds great.

:headbang: :thumbsup:

This was a nice surprise 

Tall thin man 

I’m not one of those
tall thin men who like show tunes
I’m not that twee 
Carousel is
- Les Mis as well is -
living hell for me

’Cause I’m not one of those tall thin men who likes
show tunes
on the West End stage 
Ute Lemper
puts me in a temper
and so does Elaine flaming Paige

I would rather go clubbing
than sit through for Phantom or Cats
They’re so sad
I get mad
and never ever wanna
listen to Madonna
singing “Don’t cry for me, Argentina”
Gimme “Get into the groove”
some house or garage
a banging barrage
of mixing to make me move

’Cause I’m the type of a tall thin man who likes no tunes
when I get on one
And in a coma
Oklahoma!
is still too bloody long
I would pay a fine
not to stand in line
just to see Miss Saigon

I got Nightlife! So many hidden gems! I also like having a version of Paris city boy in amazing quality!!! Does anyone knows which remastered albums will be released next? I would like to get Very and Bilingual!

Just now, JR! said:

I got Nightlife! So many hidden gems! I also like having a version of Paris city boy in amazing quality!!! Does anyone knows which remastered albums will be released next? I would like to get Very and Bilingual!

but they released them 5 years ago, right?

8 hours ago, promise to try said:

but they released them 5 years ago, right?

Yes and Neil said in an interview there was no point in buying the new re-releases if this previous albums have if you got them the first time. 

OMG My dream collaboration at 6:40 mentions Madonna... must have been for that album after COADF before they decided to work with JT TImbaland and Pharrell 

Watched them again in concert last night with the Super Tour, they were amazing.

I would define them as:

Electronic Music/Visual ART 

❤️💛💚💙💜

They made me miss Madonna in concert so much!!!