MadonnaNation.com Forums
blossom

Pet Shop Boys - Super [new album]

Pud would be pleased to know that I saw Tori Amos at the Royal Albert Hall in 2014 and she was amazing. It's a great venue. If Madonna were ever to do an orchestral show she must do it there.

It looks like the pop kids cd single is out of print and now going on eBay for £20-£25. Glad I got it when I did! I've bought twenty something as I imagine the same will apply to that in a few months.

Got tickets to see them on Corona Capital Mexico City on November 19th.

Just saw them in the super tour. If you like them don't miss them. It was a great great concert. As Madonna they get better as they grow older. 

I found them disappointing as a live act. They supported Take That and their act just seemed to involve Neil Tennant wearing quirky hats and walking from one side of the stage to the other whilst large videos played and Chris Lowe stood behind his keyboard. 

I saw them in Montreal a few years ago and I thought they were great, apart from the Neil autotuned Minnie Mouse voice. 

32 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I found them disappointing as a live act. They supported Take That and their act just seemed to involve Neil Tennant wearing quirky hats and walking from one side of the stage to the other whilst large videos played and Chris Lowe stood behind his keyboard. 

What did you expect? Neil dancing?  That's how they do live shows since forever. It's like expecting a Madonna show without some sex/religion and hand on her pussy. 

37 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

oh that is so candid of you :)

11 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

What did you expect? Neil dancing?  That's how they do live shows since forever. It's like expecting a Madonna show without some sex/religion and hand on her pussy. 

I've heard several times of them being a great live act so I was interested to see what they were like.

You don't have to be a great dancer to have a great stage presence. The videos also didn't really seem particularly integrated with the songs. Just lots of random images. I was just like a nightclub P.A. 

I have seen them with three different shows and as with every artist some concerts are better than others, I find them very true to their musical concept. The super tour is the one that I've liked the most, it's well rounded with the set list, the flow and the visual aspect. They are amazing artists that don't have to be dancing at the stage to be great 

I was listening to the 10 track demo tape they did with Bobby Orlando in 1983 and it's amazing how the core of their material up until 1987 was already there waiting to be given its chance.

It's a bit sad that over 30 years down the line and we still don't have an official release of this material other than what came out before "Please"

For those who haven't heard it:

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

thank you! are you going to madrid´s show in july?

I had no idea they were coming!

1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

I had no idea they were coming!

@Je5u5 you shouldn't miss them, just a fantastic show, electric musical visual art! One of their best!!! 

IMG_4779.JPG

3 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I was listening to the 10 track demo tape they did with Bobby Orlando in 1983 and it's amazing how the core of their material up until 1987 was already there waiting to be given its chance.

It's a bit sad that over 30 years down the line and we still don't have an official release of this material other than what came out before "Please"

:brenspin:

21 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

omg this is amazing thank you !

Seeing them again in October!!! 

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

IMG_4848.PNG

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/pet-shop-boys-are-reissuing-their-first-11-studio-albums-with-remastered-songs-and-previously-unheard-material__19402/ 

By Jack White 

Pet Shop Boys fans have perhaps never had it so good, as the iconic duo have announced one of the biggest projects in their history.

Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe have unveiled Catalogue: 1985-2012, an expansive series of reissues of their first 11 studio albums, all of which were released when they were signed to Parlophone. The duo have since released two albums, Electric and Super, on their own x2 label.

The 11 albums that will be re-released as part of Catalogue range from their debut record Please, the Number 1 album Very, while the most recent is Elysium from 2012. Uniquely, all of Pet Shop Boys' studio LPs have peaked inside the UK Top 10, ten of which reached the Top 5.

Each reissued record will feature the original album remastered, plus new demos, remixes and unreleased material titled Further Listening. The first three parts of Catalogue, 1999's Nightlife, Release from 2002, and 2006's Fundamental will be released on CD and vinyl on July 28.

One of the Further Listening tracks from Nightlife is Believe/Song For Guy, a duet with Elton John that was previously only performed on TV.

All albums included in Catalogue will come with an extensive booklet, filled with pictures, and track analysis from Neil and Chris. The entire project has been designed by Mark Farrow, who designed the artwork for many of their past singles and albums, including the remix to West End Girls.

The full tracklistings, including extra bonus material, for the first three reissues Nightlife, Release and Fundamental, can be found on the band's official website.

Just now, Pedro said:

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/pet-shop-boys-are-reissuing-their-first-11-studio-albums-with-remastered-songs-and-previously-unheard-material__19402/ 

By Jack White 

Pet Shop Boys fans have perhaps never had it so good, as the iconic duo have announced one of the biggest projects in their history.

Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe have unveiled Catalogue: 1985-2012, an expansive series of reissues of their first 11 studio albums, all of which were released when they were signed to Parlophone. The duo have since released two albums, Electric and Super, on their own x2 label.

The 11 albums that will be re-released as part of Catalogue range from their debut record Please, the Number 1 album Very, while the most recent is Elysium from 2012. Uniquely, all of Pet Shop Boys' studio LPs have peaked inside the UK Top 10, ten of which reached the Top 5.

Each reissued record will feature the original album remastered, plus new demos, remixes and unreleased material titled Further Listening. The first three parts of Catalogue, 1999's Nightlife, Release from 2002, and 2006's Fundamental will be released on CD and vinyl on July 28.

One of the Further Listening tracks from Nightlife is Believe/Song For Guy, a duet with Elton John that was previously only performed on TV.

All albums included in Catalogue will come with an extensive booklet, filled with pictures, and track analysis from Neil and Chris. The entire project has been designed by Mark Farrow, who designed the artwork for many of their past singles and albums, including the remix to West End Girls.

The full tracklistings, including extra bonus material, for the first three reissues Nightlife, Release and Fundamental, can be found on the band's official website.

that´s how is should be done!!!! their re-release albums are everything!!!

46 minutes ago, promise to try said:

that´s how is should be done!!!! their re-release albums are everything!!!

IKR, I already have the first ones with their further listening release, ordered this new three rereleases and obviously will be buying the whole 11 albums collection 💲😂❤️💲❤️😂

Pre ordered!

I've seen fans complaining about remixes being missing etc... how ungrateful? Us Madonna fans get none of this!

P.S. This is absolutely how you do it, an extensive collection of unreleased tracks / demos with b-sides etc.

9 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Pre ordered!

I've seen fans complaining about remixes being missing etc... how ungrateful? Us Madonna fans get none of this!

P.S. This is absolutely how you do it, an extensive collection of unreleased tracks / demos with b-sides etc.

@tasteinmen where are you seeing fans complaining? I've wanted to join an interesting PSB forum but haven't found anything relevant so far... 

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

@tasteinmen where are you seeing fans complaining? I've wanted to join an interesting PSB forum but haven't found anything relevant so far... 

On the Facebook comments, also on the official forum there's fans moaning that the original Further Listenings won't be getting an additional disc.

5 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

On the Facebook comments, also on the official forum there's fans moaning that the original Further Listenings won't be getting an additional disc.

Yes!!!!what a great show!!!!!!!!! althougb I don´t like some of the versions they did, especially from some of their classics, it was a great night!!! full of dance and glamour! a lot of famous people, which was weird to me, but it was ok to have them dancing too!!!!!

hopefully in a few months they will come back to a less expensive place.In my opinion the show was better than the last one, although it has some similarities.Surprsingly, I don´t remember them playing their last singles...but the instrumentals!!! wow!!! they really sound good!

another thing that surprised me is that they have two real drum players, and another person on the keyboards...is chris feeling well???I hope he is, and it´s only an stupid idea that came to my mind.After losing some of my first idols, I´m a little bit scared about who will be the next

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

@promise to try @Je5u5 did you go? 

I wasn't able to go :( wish I did. I loved the Electric tour.

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I wasn't able to go :( wish I did. I loved the Electric tour.

:thumbsup: