MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blossom

Pet Shop Boys - Super [new album]

Except for Fundamental and Electric (both great), all PSB albums since the beginning of the century are good, but minor works in their discography. This one is no exception.

Too true. Burn is a real toe-tapper and a couple others are quite nice but a good 50% is mediocre at best

I'm listening to it now and it feels like a chore...but it may be because I'm not really into dance music these days. I didn't like Electric much either

I listened to the new single today. def gonna check out the new album, PSB have always been a fav

I don't like that robot song but enjoy everything else, Groovy, Undertow, Say It to Me and Pop Kids are my current favourite. I'm sure the others will grow, except Sad Robot World.

Loving Pop Kids. It's one of the strongest songs in years and I can really identify with the lyrics.

I liked it immediately but now I'm kinda obsessed with it. Stuart Price and PSB are an amazing combo!

^ same here. On first listen I liked it, now I'm loving it

Sad Robot has grown on me, so has Burn, love that song! Also, I listened to the vinyl today and Inner Sanctum sounds amazing! so much better than what I've been hearing on my iPhone.

Tracks like Happiness, Pazzo!& Inner Sanctum I like, but they just need some lyrics. I really like Pop Kids, Sad Robot World, Burn, Into Thin Air and Dictator Decides. Those tracks are definitely more in the vein of classic PSB.

After just listening to a few tracks, uhmmm, I'm not overwhelmed, but not overwhelmed either. Pop Kids (kind of) reminds me of Get Together.? I've always LOVED PSB's.....guess I'll just wait and buy the whole album/cd and give it a few good listens. Will more than likely grow on me.

Do they star in their own videos anymore?

I thought they wre going to appear a little bit, for a few seconds, but not in this one...

Thanks for posting the video, I like it! Wish the band were in it though.

Saw their INNER SANCTUM production at the Royal Opera House last night. What an absolutely amazing show !!

Saw their INNER SANCTUM production at the Royal Opera House last night. What an absolutely amazing show !!

great!!!! was it very different from their electric tour??

great!!!! was it very different from their electric tour??

Sinilar light effects but the setlist and versions were different. Really bodes well for the new tour . It was jus like a rave!

The bit at the end where they reprise The Pop Kids was just unexpectedly emotional,

Sinilar light effects but the setlist and versions were different. Really bodes well for the new tour . It was jus like a rave!

The bit at the end where they reprise The Pop Kids was just unexpectedly emotional,

nice!!!! I´ve read somewhere that it was too similar to electric, which was a good show, but I want them to do something a little bit different.Hopefully they´ll announce shows in spain for the next year!

Guest Pud Whacker

good video, worst song on the album.

Are you kidding?!!!

Are you kidding?!!!

were we talking about 20-something? yes, I don´t like the song.the new single, Say to me, is way better, or Burn, or...of course, it´s just an opinion.hopefully they will appear something in the new video

Guest Pud Whacker

Wow, 20 something is genius to me!!!

Pud have they got a concert near you? You must go. Two hours of amazing stuff it never let up!

Guest Pud Whacker

Pud have they got a concert near you? You must go. Two hours of amazing stuff it never let up!

yes, its coming in october!!!

did you see them at Royal Albert Hall?

yes, its coming in october!!!

did you see them at Royal Albert Hall?

Royal Opera House . Was fantastic .

Guest Pud Whacker

Royal Opera House . Was fantastic .

:rotfl:

oh! is there a Royal Albert Hall? or did i just fuck that totally up?

Guest Pud Whacker

That looks beautiful!!!