Rebel Heart 4th most illegally downloaded album of 2015

Spotify is no good if you want to listen to an album especially when it's as long as RH. There's so many adverts. Sometimes one every 15 minutes. Besides, I guess people would rather download it and play it even if the Internet is not on so it makes sense people would download it in millions but miss it on streaming websites. I'd say those websites are more for individual songs..

You choose to listen to commercials if you don't have premium. I don't have to listen to commercials when I listen to RH bc I pay for premium lol

I'm sure most peeps do not have premium. Spotify is exactly as YouTube in that sense. Peeps just want to watch videos and listen to music for free. That's why Tidal flopped drastically; they wanted peeps to pay for it. If you only consider the paying subscriptions from Spotify it wouldn't be so popular either.

How is this calculated though? And where does Shady Music Facts get any of their information? And why do they hardly ever post sources?

I wouldn't really be betting on reliable sources or evidence-based calculations with an account called, er, "Shady" Music. :rotfl:

Yep. Take it all with a pinch of salt, or maybe a teaspoon. :laugh:

Don't know the origins of that twitter account but they don't post sources for their "facts" and claim to be unbiased.

Buzzfeed published a fact checking article on a few of their claims mid-2015. Link

Real or not, still decent PR that there was massive interest in M's music.

Yep. Take it all with a pinch of salt, or maybe a teaspoon. :laugh:

Don't know the origins of that twitter account but they don't post sources for their "facts" and claim to be unbiased.

Buzzfeed published a fact checking article on a few of their claims mid-2015. Link

Real or not, still decent PR that there was massive interest in M's music.

and five out of six facts are correct with the other one that could be true but not enough info which is quite reliable overall.

Either way, it's positive PR and hopefully more will check out the album - legally!

Guest Rachelle of London

Shady music facts is ran by a Madonna fan. I wouldn't trust this info at all. They also tweet stuff like she's sold 800m records.'it's all a big exaggeration. It's a fan Twitter used to diss Gaga. The guy that runs it is like 12. No joke.

Shady music facts is ran by a Madonna fan. I wouldn't trust this info at all. They also tweet stuff like she's sold 800m records.'it's all a big exaggeration. It's a fan Twitter used to diss Gaga. The guy that runs it is like 12. No joke.

Are you sure? They post lots of pro Gaga posts and some Madonna shade to the point where I nearly unfollowed it. Unless there's two similar accounts.

https://twitter.com/musicnews_shade

I haven't read it for a few weeks but it's become really positive as in it no longer seems to be making comparisons against artists performances. It just marks out highlights.

And it's definitely pro Gaga!

I tried to find other sources for this and keep seeing Drake as the most illegally downloaded.

I find it hard to believe Adele had that many illegal downloads, I feel everyone who wanted that mother fucker went ahead and bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Shady Music Facts

These were the most illegally downloaded albums of 2015 with over 20 million illegal downloads each

Adele "25"

Justin Bieber "Purpose"

The Weeknd "Beauty Behind The Madness"

Madonna "Rebel Heart"

I think it shows that Madonna still has huge interest but people no longer feel they need to go and buy a physical copy and will spend their money on a 'new' artist. However, it could mean people didn't warm to the tracks enough to buy it. Still, she's still up there!

I think the industry has to do away with streaming.. It won't solve ppl downloading the music for free but it won't hurt her sales... In my opinion streaming hurts overall sales of all artists.

• 3 weeks later...