Guy O has been very quiet during this era...

Apples388

But is that him or whoever is co-managing her?

Let's not forget that when he was very visible as her primary manager (during MDNA tour) he 'advised' her to do shit like the perfume and clothes collections and gave us the now-legendary (for all the wrong reasons) concept of "non-traditional promo" and of course the wonderful hashtag, "#thetouristhepromo". :bad:

It appears that things have improved in terms of her promo and her public image since he's taken a backseat or perhaps a more behind the scenes role? I don't know. I'm just speculating here.

I think it was her idea regarding the non traditional promo, I'm pretty sure Guy was pushing her to do more but she didn't want to? didn't she say this exact thing in some interview?

Then he must have put his foot down this era and said bitch you ARE going to promote this album now move your ass to Howard Stern's studio, you have rehearsals later on.

I think it was her idea regarding the non traditional promo, I'm pretty sure Guy was pushing her to do more but she didn't want to? didn't she say this exact thing in some interview?

Then he must have put his foot down this era and said bitch you ARE going to promote this album now move your ass to Howard Stern's studio, you have rehearsals later on.

Maybe but this is all speculation.

Artists generally don't enjoy doing promotion and interviews, and Madonna is well known for that. However, the complete lack of promo for MDNA was unusual even for her. I know that all the promo she had done immediately prior to it for W.E. can't have helped and I'm sure she wasn't in the mood for yet another stupid interviewer so I could understand.

But anyway we digress.

1. Madonna often likes to mythologise or embellish certain things because they'll make for a good story. Superbowl was in the works for years. She'd been asked many many times before. Yes, maybe the coup finally was secured under Guy O's watch but let's not make it sound like she was bound and gagged and did it only because he asked her to. "My manager twisted my arm into doing it" sounds like a far better M soundbite than, "Oh well it's just such an honour! OMG" etc. etc.

2. Rebel Heart iTunes pre-release in December was the best business decision. Holding LFL back in the UK as part of that was a mistake, yes, but not the iTunes pre-release package. That was actually the best thing they could have done at the time and had they not done that the damage would have been even bigger. The iTunes pre-release generated buzz and, yes, sales!

I completely disagree with you about the iTunes preview.

Hardly anybody knew about the leaks, until Madonna started taking about them and even then LFL should of remained off it and saved until the full launch in February....the performances and video dropping.

Music leaked months in advance and didn't do that any damage!

LFL wasn't heard widely enough to warrant any kind of rush, that's just my opinion it hurt its commercial value and without a "hit single" RH suffered.....she has always managed to have hit singles until very recently.

Just my opinion.

Jamie King's demotion to 'consultant' was glaringly obvious for MDNA, hence why that show was so visually spectacular. Now that he's back as director? Say no more...

No one said he wasn't still there. Ok, his official role was 'creative producer' on MDNA, which going by the articles written at the time, was a consultancy role on the "dramatic arc" of the show, which is still a demotion from director obviously. And yes, unfortunately he's back, which is why the difference in production quality is so pronounced.

Can you clarify on why you think the production quality was better on MDNA?

I bet he has a nice cock. Do you think Madonna ever fucked him? I think so, they've known eachother for so long...Do you think it ever gets awkward between them?

Honestly, can see M dominating him in sex play if they ever fooled around.

Can you clarify on why you think the production quality was better on MDNA?

I think it's a reflection on RHs "toning down" production wise compared to the technical extravaganza of MDNA.

Let's not forget that when he was very visible as her primary manager (during MDNA tour) he 'advised' her to do shit like the perfume and clothes collections

No way lol

Those things have been in the pipeline since late 2007

That's the nature of her 360 deal with LN from the word go

No way lol

Those things have been in the pipeline since late 2007

That's the nature of her 360 deal with LN from the word go

That's true all the commercial-Shit aka perfume and skin care ranges were because she had to start slapping her name on stuff for LiveNation.....it's part of the contract she chose to sign.....regardless of who her manager was/is she has to do it.

she is more involved in the K than ever. she keeps that out of the public, too. because of public complaint.

Really? Receipts? I always assumed that she still practices/studies but just does it privately after the Berg s.e.x.ual harassment scandal

Really? Receipts? I always assumed that she still practices/studies but just does it privately after the Berg s.e.x.ual harassment scandal

It says "esther" in Hebrew on the back of her guitar strap during Burning Up on the current tour

Just now there was a video of rocco and her dining during the tour with a bunch of rabbis

That's true all the commercial-Shit aka perfume and skin care ranges were because she had to start slapping her name on stuff for LiveNation.....it's part of the contract she chose to sign.....regardless of who her manager was/is she has to do it.

Your forgot the brilliance that was Hard Candy gyms, which are now cum dumpsters and glory holes these days. I heard that's where Guy is spending a lot of his time with Janet's Manager discussing non promotional strategies.

Your forgot the brilliance that was Hard Candy gyms, which are now cum dumpsters and glory holes these days. I heard that's where Guy is spending a lot of his time with Janet's Manager discussing non promotional strategies.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

People also forget that he's only Madonnas co manager as well and has a management company. Most of the work is probably delegated to others and that's probably how the leaks and stuff could've happened. I still don't believe Guy Oseary is selling Madonna demos to collectors for $100 :lmao:

I don't think that either. I still think that he thought it was a new way to promote an album.

Absurd as it seems the idea, i still believe it, hahaha.

1. Madonna often likes to mythologise or embellish certain things because they'll make for a good story. Superbowl was in the works for years. She'd been asked many many times before. Yes, maybe the coup finally was secured under Guy O's watch but let's not make it sound like she was bound and gagged and did it only because he asked her to. "My manager twisted my arm into doing it" sounds like a far better M soundbite than, "Oh well it's just such an honour! OMG" etc. etc.

2. Rebel Heart iTunes pre-release in December was the best business decision. Holding LFL back in the UK as part of that was a mistake, yes, but not the iTunes pre-release package. That was actually the best thing they could have done at the time and had they not done that the damage would have been even bigger. The iTunes pre-release generated buzz and, yes, sales!

Even that iTunes package had a big mistake. They included Ghosttown, which was the only song not leaked. Absurd.