Guy O has been very quiet during this era...

Apples388

Do we think it's because most of her communications are now directly via her own social media accounts?

Do we think he's taken a step back for other reasons?

Do we think a new manager may be joining her?

Do we think she is taking a more direct approach and perhaps realises the errors of the MDNA era?

I'm just curious that's all. No disrespect to Guy at all.

Guest Rachelle of London

So true.

I think it's because she's got Instagram and posts herself. He still tweets the odd stuff but most of it she says herself now.

Guest Pud Whacker

if we look at the track record of MADONNA FANS, anytime they have COMPLAINED about people, jamie king, guy oseary, etc...they are NEVER REMOVED but out of sight still doing what it was that they do.

thats all.

Tour wise, he seems to be splitting his time between her and U2 I've noticed.

if we look at the track record of MADONNA FANS, anytime they have COMPLAINED about people, jamie king, guy oseary, etc...they are NEVER REMOVED but out of sight still doing what it was that they do.

thats all.

Not really. Jamie King's demotion to 'consultant' was glaringly obvious for MDNA, hence why that show was so visually spectacular. Now that he's back as director? Say no more...

As long as Guy keeps bringing in the $$$ and she can still PIE HIM IN THE FACE occasionally, it's all good in the O'Seary hood.

Jamie King was a producer on mdna wasn't he? And RH did the Super Bowl. Well he stage directed RH Tour anyway.

Michel Laprise (of cirque du soleil) did the Superbowl and she then hired him for MDNA. I think JK got a "creative consultant" mention in the tourbook. Which basically means "thanks for understanding".

Guest Rachelle of London

Michel Laprise (of cirque du soleil) did the Superbowl and she then hired him for MDNA. I think JK got a "creative consultant" mention in the tourbook. Which basically means "thanks for understanding".

No Jamie was creative producer on MDNA. It says nothing about consultant at all. And He's back as director for RH Tour. So Puds original statement was correct. Jamie is still there. So is Guy.

Well, i wish i had more information. But with all the info we have, there are enough things to fire him and exhile him to a remote island. Just the leaks are one example. And he being the absurd person he is in terms of how to promote an artist (understandable, because nowadays all are lost in that field) i still think he's capable of leaking the songs himself, just like he did the absurd trick of giving the U2 album for free in iTunes.

But we don't have enough info and don't know what's happening between the scenes.

No Jamie was creative producer on MDNA. It says nothing about consultant at all. And He's back as director for RH Tour. So Puds original statement was correct. Jamie is still there. So is Guy.

No one said he wasn't still there. Ok, his official role was 'creative producer' on MDNA, which going by the articles written at the time, was a consultancy role on the "dramatic arc" of the show, which is still a demotion from director obviously. And yes, unfortunately he's back, which is why the difference in production quality is so pronounced.

Guy is on Holidays in Hawaii with his children and model wife.

He is also Rocco's godfather (Trudie Styler is his godmother).

Isn't Liz retiring at the end of this month ?

She maybe does not think this needs PR and just waits for Rocco to come back.

When she adopted David it took a while before she aknowledged the media craziness (Paris Match cover & Oprah).

She must think it's a private matter and she's right.

Making an official statement about it would only fuel the media interest in the story. They are looking for anything about this story that is dying down because of lack of informations. To write about it since there's nothing they can say that they have already said ,they are now digging deep.

He's probably busy with his new management company and U2. And since Madonna is now really active on social medias he doesn't need to answer every issue, M can do it.

Guest Rachelle of London

People also forget that he's only Madonnas co manager as well and has a management company. Most of the work is probably delegated to others and that's probably how the leaks and stuff could've happened. I still don't believe Guy Oseary is selling Madonna demos to collectors for $100 :lmao:

credits from the tour book

Management

• Manager – Guy Oseary
  • Additional management – Sara Zambreno & Danielle Doll
  • Assistant to Guy Oseary – Rachel Gordh
  • Publicity – Liz Rosenberg & Brian Bumbery
  • UK publicity – Barbara Charone
  • Webster & digital media – Johann Delebarre & Abe Burns
  • Archives – Karine Prot
  • Business management – Richard Feldstein & Rosy Simon

Maybe Sara & Danielle do the work for him + his assistant Rachel Gordh.

How is the new Maverick doing ? That super managing team he put together with managers from other singers ? (That Billboard cover from last year)

Nice to see that there's somebody in charge of her archives...does not look like it though (just like the persons in charge of the website + digital media)

He was busy with U2 too, she needs a New manager tbh.

I agree or someone who will be forceful with her about marketing and stuff.

Guy seems like her bitch, I remember reading when the leaks happend that it was her idea to rush-release 6 songs to iTunes.

Who was advising her? It killed any commercial chance LFL had to become a "hit" especially in America.

I think since leaving Warners she has too many yes people around her and that's what's taken her finger off the commercial pulse.

People also forget that he's only Madonnas co manager as well and has a management company. Most of the work is probably delegated to others and that's probably how the leaks and stuff could've happened. I still don't believe Guy Oseary is selling Madonna demos to collectors for $100 :lmao:

:rotfl:

Is that what some loons are saying? Guy is a multi-millionaire!! :lmao:

He's done a pretty brilliant job as a manager this year tho?? he whored her out everywhere

But is that him or whoever is co-managing her?

Let's not forget that when he was very visible as her primary manager (during MDNA tour) he 'advised' her to do shit like the perfume and clothes collections and gave us the now-legendary (for all the wrong reasons) concept of "non-traditional promo" and of course the wonderful hashtag, "#thetouristhepromo". :bad:

It appears that things have improved in terms of her promo and her public image since he's taken a backseat or perhaps a more behind the scenes role? I don't know. I'm just speculating here.

He's done a pretty brilliant job as a manager this year tho?? he whored her out everywhere

I think some forget it was Guy who pursuesded Madonna to do the SueperBowl (without it we would have zero promo for MDNA) and also it was completely Madonnas idea to release the iTunes preview in December.....not his!

Which ultimately did her out of a hit-lead single for LFL which should of been held back to February.

I think some forget it was Guy who pursuesded Madonna to do the SueperBowl (without it we would have zero promo for MDNA) and also it was completely Madonnas idea to release the iTunes preview in December.....not his!

Which ultimately did her out of a hit-lead single for LFL which should of been held back to February.

1. Madonna often likes to mythologise or embellish certain things because they'll make for a good story. Superbowl was in the works for years. She'd been asked many many times before. Yes, maybe the coup finally was secured under Guy O's watch but let's not make it sound like she was bound and gagged and did it only because he asked her to. "My manager twisted my arm into doing it" sounds like a far better M soundbite than, "Oh well it's just such an honour! OMG" etc. etc.

2. Rebel Heart iTunes pre-release in December was the best business decision. Holding LFL back in the UK as part of that was a mistake, yes, but not the iTunes pre-release package. That was actually the best thing they could have done at the time and had they not done that the damage would have been even bigger. The iTunes pre-release generated buzz and, yes, sales!