RUMOUR: LiveNation to announce new 2016 tour dates?

jonski43

Leg 9 Iceland

September 10, 2016 Reykjavik, Harpa

September 11, 2016 Reykjavik, Harpa

September 13, 2016 Reykjavik, Egilshöll

September 14, 2016 Reykjavik, Egilshöll

September 16, 2016 Kopavogur, Salurinn

September 17, 2016 Kopavogur, Salurinn

September 20, 2016 Eskifjörður, Kaffihusid Eskifirdi

September 21, 2016 Eskifjörður, Kaffihusid Eskifirdi

September 23, 2016 Reykjanesbær, Stapinn

September 25, 2016 Eyjafjallajökull, Crater Entrance

:dead:

Lol someone just threw out Iceland and everyone believes it!?!?

Didn't Arthur fogel give an interview to billboard in beginning of tour and said it was the last something? Anyone remember.

Where does this whole "Rebel Heart Tour is the last tour under the current contract" come from? I know we've discussed it here several times but there has never ever been an official press release or announcement from her team or LiveNation to actually state that. I'm sure if it were the last tour they would have made sure they would spell it out in big letters as it may encourage casual fans / punters to get tickets.

Having said that, I seem to remember that the original contract was a 10-year one from 2007 to 2017. So it would make sense then if this is her last tour with them to want to extend it a bit further..

Lol someone just threw out Iceland and everyone believes it!?!?

Didn't Arthur fogel give an interview to billboard in beginning of tour and said it was the last something? Anyone remember.

The interview/article you are referring to. The last tour bit doesn't come directly from Arthur Fogel as a quote but is mentioned in the article.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6487508/madonna-to-launch-rebel-heart-world-tour-in-august

Madonna's last tour in 2012 was a massive success, grossing $305 million and moving 2.2 million tickets to 88 shows, according to Boxscore. Previous Madonna tours with Fogel include Sticky & Sweet in 2008-2009 ($408 million gross, 3.5 million tickets sold, biggest tour ever for a female artist); Confessions in 2006 ($194 million gross, 1.2 million tickets sold to 60 shows), Re-Invention in 2004 ($125 million gross, 900,748 attendance).
This will also be the third -- and, presumably, final -- tour by Madonna under a 10-year multirights deal she inked with Live Nation in 2007, valued at a reported $120 million. The future of that partnership is unclear, given that Oseary's Maverick Management (which also includes U2, which struck a similar deal with Live Nation) is now part of Artist Nation, Live Nation's artist management division. Initially, the Live Nation/Madonna deal included recorded content (along with touring, merch, fan club/Website, DVDs, some sponsorships, and certain other music-related projects), but those recording rights were sold to Interscope in 2011 for a reported $40 million in a three-album deal, of which Rebel Heart is the second.

So it appears the touring part of the contract is done, but she still owes 1 album. I am assuming either a new deal will be signed for 1+ tours or she's taking a long hiatus on touring. Well, according to Billboard anyway. Who really knows?

What if she directs a film and releases a soundtrack along with it. Would that count?

If it's not her original work, I doubt it. I doubt there will be another hits compilation too.

She could have created another album out of the demos but given they're so widely available, it wouldn't be worth releasing it!

I imagine a new album in spring 2017.

So far away!

Who knows what Madonna wants from the next 10 years.

She purposely signed a decade ago to dedicate herself to touring for 10 years, and that's what she's done she's been constantly on the road for years now.....

She will be in her 60s so maybe she will want something different who knows?

When she signed her contract with LN it was announced that it was for 3 album and 4 tours. The first tour was S&S and that was for the last Warner album. So after that 3 albums and 3 tours remain. I think the 10 years are just an aprox time frame but not set in stone but the numbers of albums and tour are.

When she signed her contract with LN it was announced that it was for 3 album and 4 tours. The first tour was S&S and that was for the last Warner album. So after that 3 albums and 3 tours remain. I think the 10 years are just a time frame but not set in stone but the numbers of albums and tour are.

So there IS a tour remaining.

1.sticky and sweet

2.mdna

3.rebel heart

4. TBA

Leg 6 Europe

June 3, 2016 Tel Aviv Israel Menora Mivtachim Arena

June 4, 2016 June 8, 2016 Istanbul Turkey Türk Telekom Arena

June 11, 2016 Vienna Austria Wiener Stadthalle

June 19, 2016 Dublin Ireland 3Arena

June 22, 2016 London England The O2 Arena

June 24, 2016 Sheffield Sheffield Arena