GHV2 Appreciate

5iVe Elements

I fail to understand why it is hard to understand that some fans expected a better release?!

Oh I understand alright...Madonna fans are incredibly difficult to please! However, who in their right mind would describe a collection of Madonna singles "awful"?!! Aren't we all supposed to be "fans"? Even a poorly planned collection of Madonna's music has to be better than "awful". It's still Madonna's music and ultimately, that's what matters most.

People will still whinge and bitch and moan, though :)

Oh I understand alright...Madonna fans are incredibly difficult to please! However, who in their right mind would describe a collection of Madonna singles "awful"?!! Aren't we all supposed to be "fans"? Even a poorly planned collection of Madonna's music has to be better than "awful". It's still Madonna's music and ultimately, that's what matters most.

People will still whinge and bitch and moan, though :)

It's exactly that attitude that allowed substandard releases like 'Celebration' to be foisted upon us. "They'll lap it up no matter what"

It's exactly that attitude that allowed substandard releases like 'Celebration' to be foisted upon us. "They'll lap it up no matter what"

Hardly! I just don't understand how fans can describe Madonna's music as "awful". And before someone argues that "no one's describing the music itself as awful, it's the collection", someone earlier on described GHV2 as "awful", which implies that the music itself is bad. It's not.

I'm sorry my attitude offends you and has resulted in what you consider to be "substandard" releases. I happen to love "Celebration", too. Kill me now ;)

Incidentally, for a thread designed to appreciate GHV2, there's a lot of negativity floating around....

Perhaps someone should create a trash GHV2 thread :). Then those of us who actually like it will be free to say as we please in here without having to defend ourselves :).