GHV2 Appreciate

5iVe Elements

Screen_Shot_2015_12_27_at_1_15_11_PM.png

GHV2 has a special place in my heart. I have two GHV2 CDs :chuckle:

First was my dad's. I used to listen to it a lot when I wasn't a fan. Some of her songs I knew (Music singles, ROL singles, DCFMA), some I didn't prior to listening (Erotica and BS singles) but one thing was for sure, each song was awesome. That's why I loved this CD so much.

Second was my own :lmao: When I became a fan I had to buy her albums and I wouldn't settle for a copy that's not really mine.

Now I've gone digital. Pissed that GHV2 wasn't available for iTunes purchase before. No, I wouldn't settle for streaming only (and I need to give some moola for M-$). Then out of the blue GHV2 is for finally for sale. So happy I have it in my iTunes now!

I know long time fans don't like this collection but I do. Show some love for GHV2! :clap:

How weird! I've just put this on for the first time in ages. As a relatively new stan in 2001 I thought it was great - I already had STR so I didn't mind not having I'll Remember, Playground etc., and I loved the artwork. I didn't even mind when live versions of Holiday and Music were rumoured to be bonus tracks lol

How weird! I've just put this on for the first time in ages. As a relatively new stan in 2001 I thought it was great - I already had STR so I didn't mind not having I'll Remember, Playground etc., and I loved the artwork. I didn't even mind when live versions of Holiday and Music were rumoured to be bonus tracks lol

Loved the artwork. Seeing them before, and not being a fan yet, I was mesmerised with the many looks Madonna had over the years. Total eye candy for me.

Love it! I think it has a great flow, not entirely chronological but not completely random! I don't miss the ballads as it would have been way too slow, the only changes I would have made are replacing What It Feels Like For A Girl with American Pie since the former was not a proper hit and the album version wasn't even used in the video and maybe the Don't Cry For Me Argentina remix to have even less slow moments but that's all.

The original tracklist sucked, putting all the faster songs in the first half and make the second half into Something To Remember part two...

ghv2_test_500.jpg

Guest Rocco Papa

This compilation came out when I was starting to become a fan. So I didn't have any problems with it at the time, since I didn't have all the albums yet. This was great for me considering the fact that TIC was my first Madonna album.

But, at this point, I feel it could've been so much better.

You'll See and TUTBMP should've been on the album. And they should've used the Miami Mix edit of Don't Cry For Me Argentina instead of the film version. I also would've replaced Drowned Word/Substitute for Love with Rain.

Believe it or not I heard Deeper and Deeper and Erotica for the first time with this CD!!! I had only heard snippets on the Thunderpuss megamix (which strangely wasn't a bonus track) and was so curious about those old songs :mellow: I agree with almost everything everybody says about this compilation, including the messed order of the tracks, hate it :angry: But for the casual fan it isn't that terrible either :blush:

Edit: I've just put the CD on the stereo and fuck, that Deeper and Deeper dramatic intro is the shit!!!!

:Disco_Ball::sassy:

Never had a problem with the album but it didn't have a long lifespan on the CD player, had it included a couple of new tracks it would get played a lot more like TIC and Celebration.

She could have just put Time Stood Still on the end and it would have been better than nothing.

It's funny - we've talked about this on here before and I still am not happy about the sound quality, it's very muffled to me. Will have to give it a listen on iTunes. A couple of criticisms of that collection, nearly impossible to follow-up the TIC and no new songs, interesting edits yes, but that's about it. I never really play it at all. Celebration is far superior in sound quality to me.

The inclusion of the edited versions is interesting, if you didn't want to spend money to get all those CD singles well you can give this collection a chance. This concept would have made Celebration more appealing to fans :(