Why are most of her videos NOT on HD

imgonnacarryon

It's beyond me that her team cares so little about her legacy. Her vevo/ YouTube accounts are a mess. Some of my favourite videos are nowhere to be found, Die another day, I'll remember, etc.

Very true.

Well, I guess if some videos weren't shot on actual 35mm film, there's just no point turning them into HD ratio. A good quality 480p file will look better than something upscaled - hence the HDX vids that leaked a while ago.

Well, I guess if some videos weren't shot on actual 35mm film, there's just no point turning them into HD ratio. A good quality 480p file will look better than something upscaled - hence the HDX vids that leaked a while ago.

But those files look great on my tv! :mellow:

That's what I'm saying :) these are in their original NTSC 480p format, and they look flawless. Upscaling them to regular HD standards (720p or 1080p) would only alter the quality.

If you take a look at the LIB file, you can see it is the same version as on Celebration. These files are 1Gb each, yet they managed to smash 22/25 of them on a 4.7Gb disc : no wonder they look like absolute crap on this.

We can only have actual HD videos if they were filmed on 35mm film or on some digital medium, like thse from Rebel Heart.

That's what I'm saying :) these are in their original NTSC 480p format, and they look flawless. Upscaling them to regular HD standards (720p or 1080p) would only alter the quality.

If you take a look at the LIB file, you can see it is the same version as on Celebration. These files are 1Gb each, yet they managed to smash 22/25 of them on a 4.7Gb disc : no wonder they look like absolute crap on this.

We can only have actual HD videos if they were filmed on 35mm film or on some digital medium, like thse from Rebel Heart.

Is this why, for example, Papa Don't Preach looks great and clear on YouTube but looks like shit when I play the Celebration DVD on my HDTV?