4Mins was a pretty good track.

Michael.

In hindsight it is actually not bad. At the time though it just seemed like it missed the whole "Timbaland" sound that was popular for a lot of the 00's! The video was pretty good too. I remember being a bit critical of it at the time due to the John Travolta "pistol hands" dancing. When will I ever learn just to trust her instincts?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aAQZPBwz2CI

Napoleon, I love it as well. It is one of those Madonna songs that the General Public loved but a lot of Madonna fans don't seem to like. Although totally different in sound and era, the same with Take a Bow. I love them both but plenty of fans don't.

What I love about 2008 in general is that some were criticising her for her choice of co-producers yet she gave us as usual her own personal touch and spin on that sound, regardless of the fact Timbaland etc had already worked with other acts before.

It's a well-produced track although I stick with what one critic wrote about the song - it sounds like she's featuring on her own track. Which doesn't mean the song is bad, but the Timbaland production does sound a bit overwhelming. Think GI2M or Miles Away are much more Madonna-sounding.

mmmm no....the only thing i like is the intro...

...and don't even get me started about the costume in the video.... :lol:

but an incident can happen in over 30 years....so whatever

I remember the day it was released to radio. Every station I turned to was playing it WITHOUT payola, because they stuck to playing it like crazy for more then a day or a week.

Also don't forget at the time wasn't the video the most viewed video ever on youtube? Until Warner fucked it up and took it down losing its view count.

I love it!

I have such good memories of this song. I was in middle school when it came out. All my friends and I used to play it loud while we were doing gymnastics classes after school and come up with routines or try to do the choreography, or braid our hair to try and get the same waves she had. I remember watching the video over and over. And, tbh, I think it's partially responsible for both my sexual awakening and the years-long dawning realization I am bi, because it's one of the earliest instances I can remember of me being fascinated by another girl. I remember being in love with Justin Timberlake just like all my friends who used to talk about marrying him, but also being equally interested by the blonde dancing lady (I did not yet know who Madonna was as a 13 year old, of course, that didn't come too much later). And here I am now, years later still equally as enamored wth her. Ah, young love..... lol

Its a good song and great video. brings back many fond memories. especially when my crush at the time, who's straight, was singing it at work. was nice to have the radio on too and actually hear a new madonna track.

It's a great song and has stood the test of time. I still hear it being played on the radio and it sounds fresh. Do you remember any other Timbaland productions from that time? Most of them sound dated. Hard Candy is a great record but some people never gave it a chance, only because they wanted Madonna to work with unknown producers and not with the big names.