12/20/14: Rebel Heart was available for pre-order with 6 downloadable tracks

The bottom line:

Great gift for the fans. Not-so-great of a commercial move. The album got decent pre-orders, but they just put the tracks out there and sat on them for a month and a-half before lead-single promotion kicked in (radio and otherwise). And, the tracks (at least not all) should not have been tied to the pre-order. LFL was withheld in the UK; they should have done the same for the USA.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and also will keep the next round of new music under much better wraps.

The bottom line:

Great gift for the fans. Not-so-great of a commercial move. The album got decent pre-orders, but they just put the tracks out there and sat on them for a month and a-half before lead-single promotion kicked in (radio and otherwise). And, the tracks (at least not all) should not have been tied to the pre-order. LFL was withheld in the UK; they should have done the same for the USA.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and also will keep the next round of new music under much better wraps.

talk about sabotage.

The bottom line:

I agree.

It was such a cool surprise, especially for me (didn't listen tot the demos). Unapologetic Bitch and Devil Pray were instant favs!

I had to go for a run so I could take in the surprise release.

If I remember correctly up until this day the title of our album forum was still something like "New Madonna Album" or something non-specific. When it changed to what it is now (REBEL HEART: Madonna's 13th album) I got excited but thought it was just a confirmation of the title. Did not expect to be discussing tracks and buying stuff on itunes. CRAZY!

I will never forget this moment!! I was scrolling thru Insta at like 1AM and saw the album cover on Pud's insta and was like wait....this is too good to be fan art......then I rushed to MNation and freaked

hahaha same EXACT thing happened to me. I first learned about it on his instagram. :lol: My heart stopped when I saw the cover.

I just can't believe it's been a year. Everything about this album and era, other than the way the leak and release was handled, was perfection. I was so completely engrossed in these songs and the demos. It was feeding my soul, basically. Everything I needed in my life at the time. It touched every nerve, every emotion. I connected with it on a different level than any of her previous work, or anyone else's for that matter. It will ALWAYS be my favorite album of all time. I still listen to at least some part of it every day.

I just can't believe it's been a year. Everything about this album and era, other than the way the leak and release was handled, was perfection. I was so completely engrossed in these songs and the demos. It was feeding my soul, basically. Everything I needed in my life at the time. It touched every nerve, every emotion. I connected with it on a different level than any of her previous work, or anyone else's for that matter. It will ALWAYS be my favorite album of all time. I still listen to at least some part of it every day.

:inlove: this. every.single.word.

There rarely goes a day without me listening to at least a few songs It still feels so new.

:inlove: this. every.single.word.

There rarely goes a day without me listening to at least a few songs It still feels so new.

I don't feel like it will ever get old. At least not for me. Between her voice and the production, the songs create so many different atmospheres, especially some of the demos like Beautiful Scars and Inside Out. It's quite simply the most aurally pleasing music ever crafted.

I still when Madonna posted about it being an early Xmas present on Facebook and I was the first person to like her post. I felt so privileged hahaha.

I couldn't sleep all that night due to the excitement. I was far more excited at the songs released and what the future held for us M fans than I was for christmas last year.

Guest Rocco Papa

I'll never forget seeing the album cover on iTunes for the first time. I was absolutely blown away! I didn't know what to expect from this album or era, but I'm happy to say it's been one of the best ever! What a great year to be a Madonna fan!

i remember waking up at about 8am, i was still drunk from the night before and my boyfriend turned to me and said "SHES RELEASED HALF THE ALBUM'

It was such a glorious morning, somehow I managed to get Living For Love to download despite not being available in the UK at the time. It may be a year later but god, these tracks are still so LYFE giving