MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluejean

Nashville!

Actually, I think complaints in Europe have been more prevalent (and, imo, more justified) because of public transportation issues and curfews, etc. (Think Glasgow and the power being cut? If she starts "on time" then she doesn't bump into curfew issues. And there was a lot of that on MDNA, too, with portions of the show being removed, etc.)

Don't get me wrong. I adore M, and I plan around her going on late. For MDNA, I took a half day of work to get to the venue on time, and a half day of work for the next morning, because i definitely didn't get home until after 2 AM.

I am not saying she should be on stage at 8:01 PM, or even at 9:01 PM. But I think 10 PM starts to push people's goodwill. I don't mind, but I know I am a hardcore fan, and the majority of the audience is not hardcore. Many, but probably not most. Extenuating circumstances are one thing, but every concert can't be an exception. If the video is crashing every show, you know M would be giving someone a new *sshole (a la ToD) over it... I don't know. I feel bad for her; I'm sure it's a lot of pressure, and social media maginifies and exaggerates falsehoods. But she used to be well known for being punctual. That reputation has slipped quite a bit in more recent tours.

I was just going to ask, was she always late like this? I mean in past tours? I only know about MDNA and RHT.

She seems riled up... I bet we get good speeches again tonight.. Look out.. hahaha

The comments are quality entertainment tho.

. But she used to be well known for being punctual. That reputation has slipped quite a bit in more recent tours.

She seems such a methodical and punctual person in every way but for her show starts, lol.

Anyway, have a blast everyone!

Lots of periscopes!... and lots of trolls making crappy comments tonight too. What's the point?

She was more less consistent in the first NA leg, now that she's always starting at 1030 she should have live nation to give heads up and people would complain less..she did it for a few shows in Europe, why not in the US?

I was just going to ask, was she always late like this? I mean in past tours? I only know about MDNA and RHT.

No, Confessions was 8:30-8:45pm on the dot in NYC.

Random twitter comment: "Madonna was bad drunk on stage in Louisville the other night. Went on at 10:37 tonight in Nashville. Trash"

LOL! all this fake outrage and lies we see online these days only make me laugh xD

:lol: Before MDNA, her start times were anywhere between 8:30-9. I think the "very late" starts had their origins in Sticky & Sweet.

Of course my periscope app keeps wanting me to create an account....which I already have. Then when I sign in or try to create a new one, it says system error. Then I deleted it and downloaded it again. System error. Lol. Grrrrrr. Oh well, there's always videos of some sort later. I'm a old school trooper fan. I will survive. ;)

My experience only reaches back to DWT. But there were no openers for DWT, RIT, CT, or S&ST - that I recall, anyway. I think she didn't go on "on time" for those - but it was not as extreme. MDNA and RHT have had openers, which actually ends up making it start even later.

This is from a North American arena show perspective -- not sure about stadiums and other continents. I recall there being openers for some other shows on the same tours when I didn't see an opener. (Not like I cared - M doesn't need an opener, imo.)

I'm sure the safety checks are performed for everything... that could be part of it & perhaps she doesn't overshare about it.

What did that Reba bitch say?

Something along the lines of "where is she?".

Reba posted two posts, both pics of the stage and comments like "We are here but where is she?", and "still not on yet?!"

Jjmor beat me to it! :)

She on yet? it's 11

Edited by JWC

What did that Reba bitch say?

I don't know what Reba said, but there are tweets from other people telling M not to p*ss off Reba, this is Nashville, start on time; and telling Reba to get on stage and show M how it's done. Things of that nature. :/

This is just from googling Madonna and looking at first page results.

Periscope

www why the fuck did you block me in the periscope? i haven't done anything...

wow, you can't even chat on periscope anymore...smh i'm blocking the chat too. people are lame..

had so much fun chatting with people for all the other shows. this show has fucking anal retentive assholes.

She was late...but what's with this "she was 3 hours late"? do people know what an opening act is? And if the tickets say 8PM and she starts at 10:30...even if she was supposed to start at 10:30 it would be 2 and half hours. So where do the 3 hours come from?

swipe right, then at the bottom swipe up and you'll find the Hide Chat option

Thx love

Cuz ppl who aren't attending are logging on to trash her.

Periscope ended though. Is there a new one?

Oh no, it ended.

there's another one...

Cuz ppl who aren't attending are logging on to trash her.

Periscope ended though. Is there a new one?

yeah but i wasn't. i was talking about the show.

and some guy was trolling me and then this fucker spotlight, blocked me after i said "Hey aren't you from MNation"

Actually, I think complaints in Europe have been more prevalent (and, imo, more justified) because of public transportation issues and curfews, etc. (Think Glasgow and the power being cut? If she starts "on time" then she doesn't bump into curfew issues. And there was a lot of that on MDNA, too, with portions of the show being removed, etc.)

Don't get me wrong. I adore M, and I plan around her going on late. For MDNA, I took a half day of work to get to the venue on time, and a half day of work for the next morning, because i definitely didn't get home until after 2 AM.

I am not saying she should be on stage at 8:01 PM, or even at 9:01 PM. But I think 10 PM starts to push people's goodwill. I don't mind, but I know I am a hardcore fan, and the majority of the audience is not hardcore. Many, but probably not most. Extenuating circumstances are one thing, but every concert can't be an exception. If the video is crashing every show, you know M would be giving someone a new *sshole (a la ToD) over it... I don't know. I feel bad for her; I'm sure it's a lot of pressure, and social media maginifies and exaggerates falsehoods. But she used to be well known for being punctual. That reputation has slipped quite a bit in more recent tours.

Peter, ur back!!!!

A fucker indeed.

Where the link to the new periscope? Pretty pleeeeease

Periscope link ???

Sharing a link would be helpful

it ended.