Rebel heart: one of AP's Top Albums of 2015

MadCrazy

http://townhall.com/news/entertainment/2015/12/18/aps-top-albums-of-2015-troye-sivan-kendrick-lamar-adele-n2095226

5. "Rebel Heart," Madonna: Most icons dropping albums in 2015 are misses, but Madonna's "Rebel Heart" is a contemporary classic that puts albums from other female artists half her age to shame. It's unfortunate that Top 40 radio stations didn't play the many hits this album could have provided, from "Bitch I'm Madonna" to "Joan of Arc."

The fuck is an AP and why is this a yaaas?! :s98:

Bieber 4?

Associated Press. It's circulated in newspapers across the country, and in all honesty is probably seen by more people than most of the dying music magazines are.

So all good!

http://townhall.com/news/entertainment/2015/12/18/aps-top-albums-of-2015-troye-sivan-kendrick-lamar-adele-n2095226

5. "Rebel Heart," Madonna: Most icons dropping albums in 2015 are misses, but Madonna's "Rebel Heart" is a contemporary classic that puts albums from other female artists half her age to shame. It's unfortunate that Top 40 radio stations didn't play the many hits this album could have provided, from "Bitch I'm Madonna" to "Joan of Arc."

Don't understand the overblown critical response to this album and its myriad of deficiencies.

Don't understand the overblown critical response to this album and its myriad of deficiencies.

Don't understand your shitty opinion.

:lmao: Skin, Mouldy cake creature has already got the Hector royal flush in the Ghosttown thread. He was trolling here as well. Glad we don't have to listen to his shitty opinions ( as you correctly called them ) anymore.

Great to see Rebel Heart getting the props it deserves.

The fuck is an AP and why is this a yaaas?! :s98:

Bieber 4?

Purpose is actually a good album you know. By Bieber standards anyways...

Anyway, so happy to see Rebel Heart featured in all these "best of" lists. It truly desreves it. This will possibly go down as the most underrated Madonna album ever; more so than Erotica or American Life. So frustrated that the early leaks and the ageist media ruined everything.. At least real music critics and lovers can appreciate it as much as we do guys.

Purpose is actually a good album you know. By Bieber standards anyways...

Anyway, so happy to see Rebel Heart featured in all these "best of" lists. It truly desreves it. This will possibly go down as the most underrated Madonna album ever; more so than Erotica or American Life. So frustrated that the early leaks and the ageist media ruined everything.. At least real music critics and lovers can appreciate it as much as we do guys.

Si? good enough to be above RH in that list? I don't believe it :laugh:

Associated Press. It's circulated in newspapers across the country, and in all honesty is probably seen by more people than most of the dying music magazines are.

So all good!

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

Lovely

Especially because rather than casually writing "pity it didn't crack the Hot 100" like in that RS write-up for GT, it puts things into the never sung enough perspective of "unfortunate that Top 40 radio stations didn't play the many hits the album could have provided"

Facts.

The fantastic thing about RH is that it combines super quality with great potential commercial success and this mention rightly highlights what prevented that commercial success from happening. And it could have been a lot worse since she still sold 400,000 meagre copies less than acts that are in the lower part of the Top 10 for this year, while RH sits 20 slots down in that chart

Si? good enough to be above RH in that list? I don't believe it :laugh:

The point is Rebel Heart unlike Adele's and Bieber's albums wasn't pumped up by the media. Of course I would have put RH on top of the list but realistically speaking it wasn't hyped up like Adele's album for example. Bieber is actually really popular at the moment so I'd say his music is widely appreciated as it is. For RH to be featured in the same list it's quite an achievement.

That's a single-critic list, but still nice.

The album hasn't made all that many year-end lists, so I'm not expecting a great showing in the Village Voice's annual Pazz N Jop poll. For perspective, COADF, which fared better on year-end staff lists than RH, ended up at around No. 61 on the PNJ Poll (with 26 top 10-list appearances from participating voters).

Lovely

Especially because rather than casually writing "pity it didn't crack the Hot 100" like in that RS write-up for GT, it puts things into the never sung enough perspective of "unfortunate that Top 40 radio stations didn't play the many hits the album could have provided"

Facts.

The fantastic thing about RH is that it combines super quality with great potential commercial success and this mention rightly highlights what prevented that commercial success from happening. And it could have been a lot worse since she still sold 400,000 meagre copies less than acts that are in the lower part of the Top 10 for this year, while RH sits 20 slots down in that chart

THIS.

Amazing that it's making all these year end lists. Really goes to show what kind of response the album deserved to have commercially...when even pretentious critics are finally giving Madonna credit where credit is due. Just amazing.

THIS.

Amazing that it's making all these year end lists. Really goes to show what kind of response the album deserved to have commercially...when even pretentious critics are finally giving Madonna credit where credit is due. Just amazing.

Honestly, I'm happy about it making year end lists just because the album is extremely good and it was criminally ignored by a**holes!!

That's a single-critic list, but still nice.

The album hasn't made all that many year-end lists, so I'm not expecting a great showing in the Village Voice's annual Pazz N Jop poll. For perspective, COADF, which fared better on year-end staff lists than RH, ended up at around No. 61 on the PNJ Poll (with 26 top 10-list appearances from participating voters).

All of your comments are always so full of shit. You are so passive aggressive. Go suck a dick!

I didn't see and won't see their other choices, but it's appropriate, isn't it? "Rebel Heart" is a terrific album and I'm sure time will bring justice to it.

That's very true. I think we, and the general public, will look back on this era as an important one in her career, with one of her most wonderful albums and tours.