Which movie do you think will become a cult classic?

imgonnacarryon

Maybe Truth or dare, for obvious reasons. Or Susan por capturing the eighties so well. Or Who's that girl, which is a light, non-pretencious comedy with some over-the-top acting (very cheesy and very campy). Maybe Body of evidence, which is unintentionally funny. Or Dangerous game, her indie experimental film. Or Evita, her high budget Musical from Hollywood. Or Dick Tracy... released way before Sin city and way before superheroes where taken "seriously". Or The Next Best Thing. If Julia Roberts had played that role, it could've been a great success. A league of their own is too mainstream for my taste

Swept Away is my least favorite movie but maybe that's the one that will become a cult classic.

Evita for sure.

Wait for the goodbye news specials on the day of her death (the HORROR! :scared: ) showing the clip of her singing "Don´t Cry for me Argentina" or "You Must Love Me" from the film.

Roberta kept a diary. Great stuff.

"Couldn't sleep. Went into kitchen. Gary came in, turned on light. Gary left. Finished birthday cake."

Pages of it. It's got to be a cover, nobody's life could be this boring.

Roberta kept a diary. Great stuff.

"Couldn't sleep. Went into kitchen. Gary came in, turned on light. Gary left. Finished birthday cake."

Pages of it. It's got to be a cover, nobody's life could be this boring.

I love most of M's quotes from movies but this is one is truly brilliant

I always thought Susan and Who's That Girl were already cult classics. Those are my top two favorites!

Agree. I already consider them cult classics as well.

Truth or Dare is already a cult classic and Desparately Seeking Susan is an 80's classic (getting screenings around the world on an annual occasion in big cities...I just saw it like 4 months ago in NYC and it was sold out and people were screaming and cheering throughout it all)...I think who's that girl lost its place as a cult classic.

Evita is considered a modest effort and still gets played on tv all the time along with A League and Dick Tracy (which is a cult classic in a way as well IMO for its pushing the envelope of cinematography and style...)

TNBT will be forgotten if it isn't already ...(actually they play it on Showtime on occasion 😂😂😂)

By the way, I think she must be a good catalogue seller since she already has many movies released on Blu ray. Cher and Barbra have less movies released on this format. So, even though most M's movies flopped they still make a profit from home media

Evita for sure.

Wait for the goodbye news specials on the day of her death (the HORROR! :scared: ) showing the clip of her singing "Don´t Cry for me Argentina" or "You Must Love Me" from the film.

No, Evita was a blockbuster.

A cult classic would be something with no great sales..

No, Evita was a blockbuster.

A cult classic would be something with no great sales..

Not necessarily, a blockbuster can be a cult classic as well. See Star Wars, Gremlins. They have a following even long after their releases, that makes them cult movies.

DSS is definitely a cult classic along with Dick Tracy/A League of Their Own

Evita is underappreciated I feel like :(

Who's a fan of Who's That Girl other than Madonna fans lol? That movie is long forgotten

I'd say Who's That Girl. For me Truth or Dare will become a scholar subject when the birth of reality television will be studied extensively.

Maybe Truth or dare, for obvious reasons. Or Susan por capturing the eighties so well. Or Who's that girl, which is a light, non-pretencious comedy with some over-the-top acting (very cheesy and very campy). Maybe Body of evidence, which is unintentionally funny. Or Dangerous game, her indie experimental film. Or Evita, her high budget Musical from Hollywood. Or Dick Tracy... released way before Sin city and way before superheroes where taken "seriously". Or The Next Best Thing. If Julia Roberts had played that role, it could've been a great success. A league of their own is too mainstream for my taste

Swept Away is my least favorite movie but maybe that's the one that will become a cult classic.

None. Her only classic film, cult or otherwise is Truth Or Dare, which gave birth to the 21st Century.

Desperately seeking Susan. If ever there is a cult character to love it is Madonna as Susan. Her clothes, her look, her attitude, her sass, and as Webo Girl already mentioned, the things she says. She took selfies before anyone, wandered around with a hatbox and was all round wonderful. I used to want to grow up and be Susan. Almost love her as much as I love Madonna.

"Desperately Seeking Susan" has already achieved cult classic status. Christ, just Google "desperately seeking susan cult classic" -- thousands of articles pop up directly referring to it as a cult classic.

"Evita" is on its way to cult classic status. It wasn't a big hit sales-wise, but it was a critical darling and there is a group of people (including many non-Madonna fans) who adore it -- anecdotally, I can think of probably a half dozen non-Madonna fans who are theater / movie musical geeks and history nerds who adore it. One of my closest friends listens to the soundtrack like every month or two because she fell in love with Eva Peron while doing a high school project on women in history like 20 years ago :lol: