Ghosttown #1 Best Song of 2015 | Rolling Stone mag readers' poll

Gaudet

Did anyone here vote? I knew nothing of it (though I know RS does reader polls).

Did some voters accidentally vote for the other "Ghost Town"? :)

It was based on the RS Weekend Rock Poll Dec 11. I wasn't aware of it either.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/weekend-rock-question-what-is-2015s-best-song-20151211

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/675451455302672385

Weekend Rock Question: What Is the Best Song of 2015?
Cast your vote in our weekly poll
By Brittany Spanos December 11, 2015
The year is swiftly wrapping up, which means it's a perfect time to reflect on the year in music. During the past 12 months, 2015 has seen comebacks (Janet Jackson, Missy Elliott), breakout stars (Fetty Wap, Shawn Mendes) and strong showings from the chart-dominators of the past several years (Drake, Rihanna).
Now we have a question for you: Which 2015 song is the best? We're going to count anything across all genres and levels of chart success, though if it's a song technically released in 2014, it must have charted in 2015 (for example, Fetty Wap's sleeper hit "Trap Queen"). Feel free to vote for big pop hits like Adele's "Hello" and Drake's "Hotline Bling," indie favorites from artists like Car Seat Headrest and Hop Along or viral success stories like Silentó's "Watch Me" and ILoveMemphis' "Hit the Quan." Pick your favorite, but please only vote once and only for a single selection.
You can vote here in the comments, on facebook.com/RollingStone or on Twitter using the hashtag #WeekendRock.

Did anyone here vote? I knew nothing of it (though I know RS does reader polls).

Did some voters accidentally vote for the other "Ghost Town"? :)

Lol I'm sure they all had the artist's name before the song title

Could you imagine Madonna singing Adam's Ghost Town tho?

^

http://www.breatheheavy.com/breatheheavys-top-20-albums-of-2015/

2. Madonna – ‘Rebel Heart’ In our initial review of Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’, we predicted that it may go on to be her most underrated effort yet and we haven’t been proven wrong. Failing to hit number 1 on the Billboard 200 or produce any meaningfully successful singles, ‘Rebel Heart’ hasn’t lived up to the dizzying commercial heights of Madonna’s previous musical endeavors. But musically? It numbers among the Material Girl’s best. Featuring classic Madge floor fillers about self-expression alongside her most experimental work since ‘Confessions on a Dance Floor,’ her 2015 LP is everything you could want from a Madonna album. Flitting between heart-wrenching balladry and balls to the wall arrogance, ‘Rebel Heart’ is a nostalgic retrospective of one of the most stunning careers in pop music history and treads the line between current and pandering far better than Madonna’s detractors would have you believe. – Aaron Butterfield

Madonna on Twitter:

Thanks to Readers Poll @RollingStone Magazine for voting for my song Ghostown As the # ONE song if the year! I'm so grateful‼️💘💘💘🙏🏻🎉🎉💯😀

I'm glad someone told her lol she deserves some silver linings with this album.

I'm glad someone told her lol she deserves some silver linings with this album.

Guy must have told her - sorry I don't know how to embed a tweet...

.@madonna tops @RollingStone Readers’ Poll for Top 10 Best Songs of 2015: https://t.co/lHFL3P4hUY #Ghosttown

— Guy Oseary (@guyoseary) December 17, 2015

Amazing,well deserved!

Now she only needs to remember how it's spelled. :D

LOL

She's a pretty bad speller (on social media) of words that actually exist; you want her to be a good speller of words that don't?

Absolutely well deserved, and it's not like it was only M stans who voted. It's ridiculous this song didn't even chart when the public interest was real.