I love Mozart and The Supremes and I wasn't alive when they were up and around

Mixing the 60's, 70's and 80's??? bitch please

And now that we have YouTube there is no excuse

Maybe they're not into music and that is it

Some of these kids need to have their brains flushed

I love Mozart and The Supremes and I wasn't alive when they were up and around

Mixing the 60's, 70's and 80's??? bitch please

Maybe they're not into music and that is it

NONE of them know Pariah's most weeks on #1 song in music history "One Sweet Day".

Should they be crucified? :1251:

Paula Abdul!?!?! ABBA? And more people knew it than three!

More people knew the Cure's Love Song than LAP?

Paula Abdul!?!?! ABBA? And more people knew it than three!

More people knew the Cure's Love Song than LAP?

adele covered the cure'ssong,I bet they know it because of that

NONE of them know Pariah's most weeks on #1 song in music history "One Sweet Day".

Should they be crucified? :1251:

:dead: Obviously, payola only worked in the '90s for her.

At their age I knew about music from past decades without useful tools such as the world wide web, social media, smartphone apps (Shazam to casually mention just one...) etc which could have helped me a great deal at the time, in fact I wish I had such things when I was a teenager.

Yes I agree, overall these kids seem lazy, not that much into music and indeed this is probably staged. Hooray for us with music knowledge :laugh: and shame on anyone who doesn't know LIKE A PRAYER for crying out loud :lol:

well, this seems staged, but... I don´t know how many 1950´s singers/groups I knew in 1988.I knew Elvis, of curse, although only his films´songs, and then I new songs but I didn´t know the names or the singers.I guess it´s the same with some teenagers nowadays

It's just a youtube video.

M's legacy will not written off just because these kids don't recognize her song.

If you observe closely, those 80s songs that they were able to identify are either used in movie/TV/covered by someone else/or their parents are listening.

Like what I'd mentioned earlier, if it's Vogue, most of them will be able to identify as it appeared in Glee. Same goes to Pariah's AIWFCIY.

I bought albums , soundtracks and downloaded in limewire when i was a teen from every decade ... What a lame generation

Omg limewire I loved that thing SO much lmao

I remember every other download I got was a Bill Clinton impersonated who said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Relatives in my family who are just a couple of years older than these teens, are familiar with some of M music, but they know her mostly by name only. Teens won't be able to identify with M music at all, andhey identify better with people much closer to their ages which is totally normal.

Think also kids who are passionate about alternative/indie might know some more about older influential artists in that category of music.

I'm sure they know Madonna the celebrity but not the music.

I think that's a given.

Anyone who doesn't know OF Madonna or at least a few of her songs if they were to come on no matter what decade the song is from, they obviously live under a rock.

What really makes me angry is somehow these teens missed out on seeing Never Been Kissed which perfectly features Like a Prayer in a scene.

How do you grow up as a teen and miss out on that movie?

They were probably born when Never Been Kissed was released - this small array of teens doesn't seem to be that into music let alone films that came out the year they were born, probably.

Well my niece who is two and 4 months is going to be an 80s and 90s music know it all.

My sister puts her to bed every night and leaves the radio on low on a station that plays tons of 80s and 90s (and tons of Madonna). This kid will know. Oh yes she will. :lol:

It is kind of sad though that one of the greatest pop songs ever, by the greatest female pop star ever only had 3 people know the damn thing!

That would be like me as a teen and someone putting on Jailhouse Rock by Elvis, and me being like, "Derrrrrrr...I don't know this song......"