Martin Solveig praises Madonna

realityisalways

I recommend to everyone to spend some time in the studio with Madonna because it's always going to be a very fun time, and of course she is someone extremely talented and when you are a creative person you always learn so much from a talented person like that, so I learnt a lot from her.

She works a lot with instinct, the way she lets her musical instinct takeover and not think about what she should do or she should not do and just let it come from within and that was very impressive, how relaxed she is to let the instinct rule.

http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/94121/Martin-Solveig-loves-Madonna-s-studio-instinct

Solveig actually has some very good songs released on his own.

Also, think he produced IFU. That's one of my favorites off MDNA,.

Yeah, I can't hate Solveig too much..."I Fucked Up", "I Don't Give A" and "Beautiful Killer" are all pretty good. The Sunday Girl demo of "Turn Up the Radio" was a surefire hit single but then they had to change the production and water-down the lyrics. I blame M for that though.

Yeah, I can't hate Solveig too much..."I Fucked Up", "I Don't Give A" and "Beautiful Killer" are all pretty good. The Sunday Girl demo of "Turn Up the Radio" was a surefire hit single but then they had to change the production and water-down the lyrics. I blame M for that though.

oh wow I'm listening to the demo (a live LQ demo at that) for TUTR and it sounds literally 500x better than the Madonna's version lmao

The demo singer's vocals suit this song so much better

Sometimes I wonder if she still wants to work with current producers and try to have songs, she might need to step out of the way and let the producers do their thing. They keep saying how she is the only one who is actually in the studio with them.

Or if she wants to be involved she go old school and work with people she has worked with in the past like Nile, Stuart, Mirwais etc.

Sometimes I wonder if she still wants to work with current producers and try to have songs, she might need to step out of the way and let the producers do their thing. They keep saying how she is the only one who is actually in the studio with them.

Or if she wants to be involved she go old school and work with people she has worked with in the past like Nile, Stuart, Mirwais etc.

Why? Madonna always wants to be involved. I like it when her songs have some modern elements, but still have that special personal Madonna touch.

I thought the criticisms of MDNA and Hard Candy were more that she wasn't involved enough and let the producers take over and lost the special Madonna uniqueness.

I remember a lot of people thinking she wasn't involved with MDNA but that's clearly not the case, since the album versions are much different than the demos.

Like, I'm not impressed with Diplo's contributions for Rebel Heart, but then I hear songs he's done with Bieber and Sia, and I like them much better. Same with Solveig.

I like her uniquess as well, I just wonder with current producers it somehow clashes with theirs. Or at least the ones she is choosing to work with.

Like, I'm not impressed with Diplo's contributions for Rebel Heart, but then I hear songs he's done with Bieber and Sia, and I like them much better. Same with Solveig.

I like her uniquess as well, I just wonder with current producers it somehow clashes with theirs. Or at least the ones she is choosing to work with.

Yes, I agree

You would think diplo could do something nice with a beautiful written song like Living For Love but instead we got such a basic production with nothing unique.

I think its the lack of time on the studio together

I think she was way TOO involved this time. She said they worked on 20 versions of living for love, she kept calling Diplo back to the studio again and again.

He even told her no one else is ever in the studio with him when he works.

So Madonna's music would somehow be better if she wasn't as involved as she is...and let producers do what they want (like with damn near every other artist)...just because you personally don't like the final production of a song, and somehow just assume that it's Madonna's fault and her fault alone it didn't turn out to your individual liking or become the 'hit' you wanted, and that somehow the producer alone would have magically made it all better...?

...the fuck are y'all smoking...? :lmao:

You don't think 20 versions of one song is overthinking things a bit?

I'm not saying that it's all Madonna's fault, but in Diplo's case, I would have rather he just would've called her up and said, hey Madonna would you wanna sing some vocals for Lean On (it was some unknown anyway) and banged it out in one day. I'm a big fan of that song, and it was a huge hit, something she badly needs if she wants to stay current.

Now, I have no way of knowing if that was ever even a possibility or not. But it seems reasonable. I agree that Living for Love was very basic.

My personal theory is that she wrote all or most of Hung Up and Music, two monster hits. So she thinks that she can write/produce a smash lead single each time. Sometimes it really works, and other times it is a disaster like American Life/Gimme all your love.

So Madonna's music would somehow be better if she wasn't as involved as she is...and let producers do what they want (like with damn near every other artist)...just because you personally don't like the final production of a song, and somehow just assume that it's Madonna's fault and her fault alone it didn't turn out to your individual liking or become the 'hit' you wanted, and that somehow the producer alone would have magically made it all better...?

THIS

I think it really depends on the song. After all, she obviously took a song like "Gang Bang" and twisted and turned it into a killer track for MDNA. But other times - like with "Paradise (Not for Me)" she barely changes anything from the producer's original vision and it turns out awesome as well. I think 99% of the time, she has great musical instincts. But on occasion, she overproduces something into oblivion - "Turn Up the Radio", "Living for Love", and "Rebel Heart". At least that's my opinion.

I don't think it's fair for LFL or RH to be grouped with those songs. Living and Rebel are fantastic, and what's stands out the most with those two compared to the others, is the melodies. They are catchy as fuck. They have compelling and straight to the point lyrics, with a terrific hook.