Madonna being snubbed by the Grammies

MeakMaker

I like that the writer says 'she's in the game again,' I couldn't agree more. I couldnt be more proud of her and I couldn't be anymore happier with the album and the tour. It's just the territory she's in now, the world has changed and she's grown older. It was bound to happen. At least she hasn't gone all AC on us or released an album of covers or show tunes. I feel like she's gained quite a bit of respect this year by pushing the envelope with the album, putting on a tour that none of us saw coming where it's all about Madonna and not the theatrics and lastly bouncing back from every single setback with grace and spunk.

Madonna's always been slated left right centre by the industry. The medias always trying to make a laughing stock out of her and a very few people take her defence publicly. The press in the UK literally exploded when she took a tumble at the Brist Awards but there wasn't much of a mention when she came back with her tour where she gave us one of her best shows ever. Oh yeah they did discuss her cop car escape because if there's not any controversy or scandal Madonna is not worth talking about (!). There's a lot of sympathy and awareness over people like Kylie Minogue but Madonna is always portrayed as a lunatic or something. As much as they have been obsessed with her fitness regime from jogging to yoga to Pilate to horse riding, etc... They will always focus on her arms or cheeks or neck or hands..

Grammies wise she's never been one of their faves in the first place. In her heydays she never won anything major. Ray Of Light is the exception to the rule obviously. She gets a lot of press and praise when she performs but in terms of winning awards they just don't see her as deserving for some strange reasons.

Madonna's always been slated left right centre by the industry. The medias always trying to make a laughing stock out of her and a very few people take her defence publicly. The press in the UK literally exploded when she took a tumble at the Brist Awards but there wasn't much of a mention when she came back with her tour where she gave us one of her best shows ever. Oh yeah they did discuss her cop car escape because if there's not any controversy or scandal Madonna is not worth talking about (!). There's a lot of sympathy and awareness over people like Kylie Minogue but Madonna is always portrayed as a lunatic or something. As much as they have been obsessed with her fitness regime from jogging to yoga to Pilate to horse riding, etc... They will always focus on her arms or cheeks or neck or hands..

Grammies wise she's never been one of their faves in the first place. In her heydays she never won anything major. Ray Of Light is the exception to the rule obviously. She gets a lot of press and praise when she performs but in terms of winning awards they just don't see her as deserving for some strange reasons.

She brings the ratings.

BUT

She doesn't pay to get awards

She survived throughout the 80s without any win though she's nominated in 1986 (CFY), 1987 (PDP) and 1988 (who's that girl)... and 16 years later winning her first grammy related with music. Those days can't be compared to now... even the academy goes for chart success... so pop fluffies can get so many nominations like never before...

Guest jamesshot

I don't think anyone can explain why. For all the classic, monster hits, the critically acclaimed albums, it is very embarrassing (for the Grammys) to have not honored her with at least nominations in the major categories. There are many acclaimed acts who were never Grammy darlings. I really don't think she campaigns for them and most everyone else does. I think the artists who are always nominated really push for it, glad hand voting members, take out ads, smooze and flat out payola it. She hardly ever shows up to award shows as it is. Even when she does, I doubt she kiss butt. She is not fake and I think she has a hard time kissing up for the sake of kissing up just to get her peers on her side. I think the only time she *may* have campaigned was during ROL. It seemed then she wanted to be recognized. Even then, she didn't win AOY, ROY and they didn't even nominate her for SOY which is a huge slap in the face.

Despite it all, she just continues to persevere. Who else could persevere taking it on the chin like she has with little recognition for their stellar work?

Guest jamesshot

Pud- no. Sadly, most of us knew she would be snubbed. That is the norm for her. Their loss as RH was amazing and stronger than any pop tart would ever hope to produce.

I'll never understand why Madonna doesn't get recognized for her music..My impression is that a lot of people view her as a great business woman and thats the reason why she is still on top..not because of her talent and music.

I'll never understand why Madonna doesn't get recognized for her music..My impression is that a lot of people view her as a great business woman and thats the reason why she is still on top..not because of her talent and music.

I view things differently. Madonna gets recognised for her music by her loyal fans who buy her albums and go to her concerts. That's recognition. That's appreciation. I stopped giving a fuck about what the press and the media say because they always have their agendas and doesn't always give credit where its due.

But if we look at the numbers, the tickets sold, the albums sold, the new fans joining the Madonna fanbase, that for me is recognition. The income generated as a result of people's willingness to shell money for Madonna is what matters more than paid-for articles, propaganda-driven charts and Top 40, and bullcrap awards meant to stroke the dicks of music executives instead of awarding merit to real musicians. People pay for Madonna because they care about her music first and foremost. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Look at all the musicians these Shammies and Billbored give recognition for. Not all of them can sell like Madonna can. They can blow smoke up their asses all they want but the results speak for themselves.

And to be honest, she was shunned in other ways as well. She never once won Favorite Pop Rock Female at the American Music Awards, and those are fan voted.

Her hugeness always went well beyond awards, from the very beginning.

Guest jamesshot

Skadi- Madonna does get great recognition from many of her peers and critics. She regularly lands songs and albums in the "Best of All Time" lists from a wide range of sources. She was inducted into the Rock Hall her first year of eligibility which is huge and denotes a ton of respect. If there were any doubt about her talent, she would not have been inducted her first year. Those VH1 countdowns of the Greatest of All Time were from her peers voting and she placed very high on all those lists. I think Holidayguy used to post her rankings from acclaimedmusic and I believe she is the #1 ranked female taking into account critical acclaim.

There has always been a ton of jealousy directed at Madonna from the industry and particularly from the media. I was reading a paps interview where they said they hated Madonna because she has cost them millions of dollars. They lost millions of dollars over Lourdes, Rocco, her wedding, because she put the first pics out or didn't allow pics to begin with. Also, he said she always goes out in the same outfit (her sweatpants) when she is out and about so the pics aren't worth much. He said they, in turn, post unflattering stories and pics of her. The media has deftly crafted an image of her of a woman whose only talent is business and this has become so ingrained in the brains of so many even her fans often fall victim to this lie (she can't sing, dance, write, whatever crap they always say).

As so many have sadly pointed out, she will never get her due until she dies. Then the world will see what a rare, wonderful, magical creature she was. We will never again see anyone like her or who will come close to her level of "everything-ness" again.

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna gets credit everywhere. Let's face it, Rebel Heart is just not Madonna worthy, let alone the useless Grammys.

It's a bit all over the place. The mixing and engineering are off. The songs have different levels on each song, so as you play it one song is loud and the other is very low.

I really have a feeling she was not going to release all those songs. Two weeks prior to leaks Guy Oseary tweeted out they were still looking for a producer. And that says to me that they were looking for someone to give it a cohesiveness that's absent.

I love Rebel Heart. I still play it out but there were some mishaps.

Skadi- Madonna does get great recognition from many of her peers and critics. She regularly lands songs and albums in the "Best of All Time" lists from a wide range of sources. She was inducted into the Rock Hall her first year of eligibility which is huge and denotes a ton of respect. If there were any doubt about her talent, she would not have been inducted her first year. Those VH1 countdowns of the Greatest of All Time were from her peers voting and she placed very high on all those lists. I think Holidayguy used to post her rankings from acclaimedmusic and I believe she is the #1 ranked female taking into account critical acclaim.

There has always been a ton of jealousy directed at Madonna from the industry and particularly from the media. I was reading a paps interview where they said they hated Madonna because she has cost them millions of dollars. They lost millions of dollars over Lourdes, Rocco, her wedding, because she put the first pics out or didn't allow pics to begin with. Also, he said she always goes out in the same outfit (her sweatpants) when she is out and about so the pics aren't worth much. He said they, in turn, post unflattering stories and pics of her. The media has deftly crafted an image of her of a woman whose only talent is business and this has become so ingrained in the brains of so many even her fans often fall victim to this lie (she can't sing, dance, write, whatever crap they always say).

As so many have sadly pointed out, she will never get her due until she dies. Then the world will see what a rare, wonderful, magical creature she was. We will never again see anyone like her or who will come close to her level of "everything-ness" again.

I agree that she gets a lot of praise, as she should. Maybe I tend to focus on the more negative, but I always had a feeling that other female artists walks through doors that she had to open. And that younger generations don't know how revolutionary she was and still is. Based on the media, I get a feeling that she got where she is because she was smart and strong and became an iron lady of business. How her discipline and hard work beat her talent and how she played the media for attention (being provocative). I just wish she could get recognized for her talent as a writer and entertainer. Not just, she was smart and always managed to find the right people to get ahead etc.

Sorry, my english is a bit off (not my first language).

Madonna gets credit everywhere. Let's face it, Rebel Heart is just not Madonna worthy, let alone the useless Grammys.

It's a bit all over the place. The mixing and engineering are off. The songs have different levels on each song, so as you play it one song is loud and the other is very low.

I really have a feeling she was not going to release all those songs. Two weeks prior to leaks Guy Oseary tweeted out they were still looking for a producer. And that says to me that they were looking for someone to give it a cohesiveness that's absent.

Oh Pud

I love you

But that post is just a mess!

:manson:

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh Pud

I love you

But that post is just a mess!

:manson:

i love you, too whoop and I LOVE MADONNA!!!

and i do love Rebel Heart but its just not one of her standout moments as a musical recording star. not for one moment did i think she was going to get grammys thrown at her for it.

confessions should have been. that i expected. that was a snub.

:clap: