Manchester Arena UK 14th December

Mmmmm

I didn't understand why she mines the first half of rebel heart (the song) and sang the rest live!

Guest jamesshot

Wow at the media going hard in on this. *rolls eyes*

If this were the first show, no one would have complained about the setlist she did tonight. Don't you think many are upset because they know the setlist was cut and they would have been fine if they thought this was the way the concert was every date? M does not get pleasure out of disappointing her fans nor cutting the show short.

Yes, I would have been disappointed but not at M since she did, what many would consider during any circumstance, a full concert.

Guest bluejean

I didn't understand why she mines the first half of rebel heart (the song) and sang the rest live!

She mimed it? Seems hard to believe

From tribe

Unread post by Dicklett » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:41 am

The Arena staff were just doing their job but the way they handled everything from our view point was abismal and detracted from the whole show. We were block H and the seating didn't match the plan online. The runway had three rows of seats either side of it and then a seven foot gap to the outer floor blocks which Madonna even noticed an said why the hell is there a parking lot either side of my runway, made ref to the guys in yellow coats ruining everyone's fun which they did, our Bloch should have touched the barrier block g row g but it didn't and they wouldn't allow people to move out and over until after living for love when a guy came out and said get these guys next to the barriers and we all then filled the space....... Pretty shit experience to be honest lying with the arena.

Well I'm pretty sure that's the last time Madonna is booking that arena. Seems majority of the blame should be Pointed at the arena but usual Madonna will get all the flack by media.

Get real. She's ADMITTED as much. She has "a lot to do" during the day. Moaning that Oseary is always getting on at her about start times etc MDNA in Edinburgh, she even told the crowd at soundcheck that the show might get cut, not that she'd try and get out on time, but that it would probably get cut because of an 11pm curfew, and sure enough she rolled up at 9:40 and cut songs out. It's ridiculous.

That was three years ago, when she was regularly hitting the stage at around 11pm. You can't use comments made three years ago to trash a situation now. Her dancers expected to be on stage at 9pm (as Chelle indicated earlier). You simply refuse to believe that there could have been a major technical problem that they had trouble resolving quickly. This is only the second time in the entire tour that "technical difficulties" have been given as a reason for a delay.

I feel for those who missed out on seeing the entire show. If Madonna was completely aware that they weren't going to allow her to finish the entire show, she probably would have cut out other parts of it, but it's possible that she thought they'd let her finish, and was genuinely surprised when Guy failed to negotiate a later ending.

I don't know what to think of this. I realize video crashing is not Madonna's fault, but she's been coming on late for awhile now. If that's what it takes and you can't get your technology right, then maybe it's time for an acoustic tour. And she wasn't this late for Confessions. WTF?

I'm not surprised her touring receipts are doing down. With this kind of shit, why would anyone pony up the cash for 3/4 of a show? I would, but I am also an M loon. The general public is not. M, honey, you're on track to having a niche market for touring if you keep this up.

Did the general public know that they missed anything, though? Probably not.

She always seems to have trouble in the UK, which is interesting. S&S had the speakers blown out by Paul Oakenfold, leading to atrocious sound, and people complained bitterly about Hyde Park being the only venue for MDNA. Continental Europe seemed to go off without a hitch, so it's a real shame that she's having problems now.

The announcement specifically stated that the 11:30pm finish was beyond Madonna and the arena's control. The dancers expected to go on stage at 9pm. Madonna explained what went wrong (how often does she do that?). None of this is enough to convince some people that (as Nikki said) she wasn't just painting her nails or doing yoga somewhere backstage for an hour.

Must you troll in every single live thread ? Other people that have commented on this thread about their frustration and thoughts are genuine but you do this every time. I am waiting now for you to come out with your usual " she looks tired, frazzled, mad and asking for her mistakes" So transparent.

even on ignore it's impossible to "ignore"

and it's every single live thread. every single one.

Get real. She's ADMITTED as much. She has "a lot to do" during the day. Moaning that Oseary is always getting on at her about start times etc MDNA in Edinburgh, she even told the crowd at soundcheck that the show might get cut, not that she'd try and get out on time, but that it would probably get cut because of an 11pm curfew, and sure enough she rolled up at 9:40 and cut songs out. It's ridiculous.

In Edinburgh she came on just after 9.20, and cut out two songs. The show was cut to 1 hour 40, not 1hr 20. She was still late but you're making it seem worse than it was.

"I'm also hearing from fans at the Heart Stage that the head bump she suffered in Living For Love (she looked very dazed second half) was still causing her trouble at Rebel Heart."

More and more people mentioning that she hurt hear head, including mods on tribe. This just wasn't her day it seems.

Must you troll in every single live thread ? Other people that have commented on this thread about their frustration and thoughts are genuine but you do this every time. I am waiting now for you to come out with your usual " she looks tired, frazzled, mad and asking for her mistakes" So transparent.

Juliebean is one of those annoying bitches that becomes a warrior for something that:

A) Didn't even effect her personally.

B) Is a situation that doesn't need a fucking inquest anyway.

C) Is boring to keep discussing.

D) Is not (as we know) the fault of Madonna.

Juliehasbeen let the fans from Manchester enjoy the show they had instead of harping on with your boring and negative bullshit. If you're here it should be because you are a fan of what Madonna does. Madonna isn't an air headed pop bitch with no sense of responsibility. She's an extremely hard working, passionate and intelligent performer. Now, act like you know that to be the case or find a forum where people will want to hear that dumb bullshit.

must you be so dramatic? LOL I bet if you were at this concert payed top $ you would be complain which people have the right too. BTW: welcome to my ignore feature.

It's hilarious how you are talking about being dramatic :rotfl: Why do you like to feed on the drama? You were not even there and you're asking for a refund! :rotfl:

Yeah you can see her point to her head when she gets the guitar from the guy

As said most reports are positive it's only a few putting a negative spin on.

It is disappointing and I'm so grateful it didn't happen in London but loads of artists cut and chop set lists etc

Let's hope Birmingham goes well

*37 minute set*