[Chorus]

[bridge]

Holiday celebrate[x2]

[Chorus]

[Outro]

Holiday celebrate[x2]

Holiday, celebration

Come together in every nation

I don't think a party or major life celebration is complete unless this song is played - this is that song that gets everyone on the dance floor. I have to say that when it first came out , I got a little sick of it because it was so overplayed but today, I can't hear it enough and when it's not the extended album version, I feel cheated. I find it impossible to be sad whenever this song comes on-it instantly gets me smiling and singing along. It's a simple song but Madonna's enthusiasm and passion once again makes even the simple spectacular and universal. This is an anthem and one of those songs that will stand the test of time - the very definition of a classic. She could sing this at every live show as far as I'm concerned and I will never complain. LOVE IT!!!

Favorite Lyric: Let love shine and we will find a way to come together

Favorite Musical Part : The piano breakdown (Awesome!)

Favorite Vocal Part : Holiday, Celebration - Come Together in Every Nation

Favorite Live Performance: The Girlie Show

This is the one that started it all for me. A 12 year old, sensitive virgin in middle school who had two close friends and liked boys but never kissed one. Madonna did something to me when I first heard this song. It sounds crazy, but it was like, there's someone out there who I can identify with. "This woman is showing off her belly button. Am I allowed to do that?" Well, no. I was sent to the principal's office when I came to school dressed like Madonna. Did it give me a thrill? Definitely! It was that thrill that I discovered through Madonna. I thought there was something wrong with me when all I ever thought about was kissing boys. Madonna said to me, "All I want to do is kiss boys too". She was my epiphany into realizing that I was normal. Maybe not normal, but accepting of myself.

I heard this song on the radio and I hadn't even seen her face yet. It just kept getting better and better. And, she hasn't stopped...to this day. I love her. She's part of my life.

The first song I ever heard from Madonna. I was watching Countdown as a child when all of a sudden Madonna appears in a clip from Top of the Tops in a graffiti midriff t-shirt. I was watching it with my mother who said "that girl must be a dancer, look at the effortless way she moves herself" I became a fan there and then and have been since. The song caught on and become Madonna's first big hit in Australia.

One of the most joyous and carefree songs that is a classic. It is my brother's favourite Madonna song and he loves a lot of her songs.

It's the first song ever heard by M too!! Remember hearing it after school on my sister's cheap stereo system in the early eighties.

Of course, thought M was a black woman until saw a photo of her for the first time a few months later. :laugh:

Yep, I think this was the first song that REALLY left me intrigued by Madonna...it was everywhere! Still love it to this day...possibly the best pop song ever made.

:tigger: I was touched for the very first time by Madonna through this evergreen classic! Pure joy, the definition of pop dance music at its best, carefree, positive energy, never getting tired of it since the first moment I heard it on the radio!!

Love it and always will love this stroke of genius :yes:

Madonna%203.gif

Her first album is in my top three, I like every song.

Just one thing: on this song in particular, she sounds so girlish and affected, almost. Does anyone know if her voice really was sped up on her first couple of albums, is that just a rumor?