Marine Le Pen’s National Front FLOPS

sotos8

I don't think we can say that National Front is fascist... it is a little bit of a stretch.... it is complicated. They are in the lead in the first round but a lot of people did not vote today (I did! :laugh: ) and a lot of votes for National Front are a vote of disagreament with the current president...

And the terrorist attacks 3 weeks ago are a big part of these results...

It was mentioned to me today that Poland is becoming very right wing and anti-Jewish. Is there any truth to this?

In all honesty I think the fucking world is going mad. Its scary. Madonna knew what she was seeing during her MDNA tour for sure. I re-watched her Secret Project film the other day and I got chills because its seems more relevant now then ever. Especially the opening lines about people telling "others" to get out of their country.

People I know in French political circles aren't hyperventilating over these results. The National Front typically does better in the first round of voting much like the far right in the U.S. does well in the Republican primaries, and less so in the general election. When the final elections happen, more reasonable people turn out in higher numbers and *typically* put the more extreme candidates back in check.

However, it's always good to be vigilant of rising extremist power.

They lead the first round, but thank god they can't lead in the second round (at best they could win only 3 regions, out of 13).

When you look at what Le Pen's Front National achieved in the few cities they won in the last elections, it speaks for itself : they have cut the funds given to many associations (like the association against racism), they have changed the names of some streets (like the streets commemorating the end of the Algerian war), and they have destroyed some public works of art they didn't like.

And another mayor, loon of Le Pen, created a pork fest in his city, just to piss off the muslims. Can you believe it? :huh:

Curious to see what will happen in this election and future ones across Europe.

Hope that some more moderate and reasonable political factions can persuade voters instead of far right and far left in Europe. Both can be annoying as f**k.

I think its just a cold breeze of wind for a cuople of minutes. They disappear when the general elections come.

We had the same in Germany. AFD and Pegida are those parties that polarize for some time, but when the general elections come, they dont make it to the parliament. Though this time can be different because AFD had 10 % if we had votings this month.

In general, in some european countries like hungary, czech, austria, poland, germany, france the right wing getting a little bit popular.

I dont know about holland, there is this Geert Wilders, hows the right wing there and in danemark ?

But I dont believe, that in Germany we will have a right wing partie as the strongest since the other two, Merkesl CDU and the lefts SPD are still strong.

People are racist in France no matter how some try to spin it that's the truth. They vote for Le Pen because they blame the arab next door for their own misery. I'm not surprised, the rise of intolerance in France started with Sarkozy's election as a president. He toyed with the race and identity card and by doing so he gradually liberated the racist thoughts people were holding back. Hollande used gay rights to hide his politics, while extremists were attacking us, they were not paying attention to what he was doing elsewhere. Both put people against each other and divided the country.

Le Pen (daughter & granddaughter...the latter is the worst) are not only racist but they absolutely can't run anything because they are all talk only.

People are racist in France no matter how some try to spin it that's the truth. They vote for Le Pen because they blame the arab next door for their own misery. I'm not surprised, the rise of intolerance in France started with Sarkozy's election as a president. He toyed with the race and identity card and by doing so he gradually liberated the racist thoughts people were holding back. Hollande used gay rights to hide his politics, while extremists were attacking us, they were not paying attention to what he was doing elsewhere. Both put people against each other and divided the country.

Le Pen (daughter & granddaughter...the latter is the worst) are not only racist but they absolutely can't run anything because they are all talk only.

Or maybe countries like France, Germany and Australia that are predominantly secular ( or not so fanatical about religion ) are getting fed up with all religious "proporganda". And since Muslims / religion is very obvious to the eye due to dress and appearance, ( unlike a Christian who wears poorly made brands like A& F or H & M ) it is easier to discriminate.

Or maybe countries like France, Germany and Australia that are predominantly secular ( or not so fanatical about religion ) are getting fed up with all religious "proporganda". And since Muslims / religion is very obvious to the eye due to dress and appearance, ( unlike a Christian who wears poorly made brands like A& F or H & M ) it is easier to discriminate.

Le Pen grand daughter who is about to overtake south of France wants religion to be above the law. She made some pretty jaw dropping comments about christianity for someone so young. So this is not about religion in general. And as for muslims not wearing the same clothes as everybody else most of my muslims friends do and one works as a manager for H&M :)

Le Pen grand daughter who is about to overtake south of France wants religion to be above the law. She made some pretty jaw dropping comments about christianity for someone so young. So this is not about religion in general. And as for muslims not wearing the same clothes as everybody else most of my muslims friends do and one works as a manager for H&M :)

And that's the problem, religion and politics should never mix, whichever religion that may be. Too many countries are governed by religion doctorate, orthodox Russia, Muslim middle east, catholic polish folk, Iowa Mormons etc even in a cultural mecca country like Australia our last prime minister always based his decisions on his Christian/ gods beliefs which was fucking stupid. This Lepen woman sounds just as crazy as a Saudi Arabian dictator. But I can see why people like her and trump become popular. They not only appeal to loons, but to middle of the road folk, who are just so over the left and right loons.

Le Pen, Trump, etc.....these types appeal to the absolute worst that lies in the belly of so many in this world...and they know exactly when to pull it out - in times of fear, economic instability, when people need someone to blame and direct their unbelievable hostility (and ignorance...and fear) towards...surrounded by machines who are deliberately designed to misinform...

Regardless of whether these types can actually win, the fact that they appeal to a growing segment of the population that seems to only be getting louder...and that, at least in Trump's case, that they are the actual leading contenders on their side of the ideological/party spectrum... that should scare the shit out people.

Scary times.

Le Pen, Trump, etc.....these types appeal to the absolute worst that lies in the belly of so many in this world...and they know exactly when to pull it out - in times of fear, economic instability, when people need someone to blame and direct their unbelievable hostility (and ignorance...and fear) towards...surrounded by machines who are deliberately designed to misinform...

Regardless of whether these types can actually win, the fact that they appeal to a growing segment of the population that seems to only be getting louder...and that, at least in Trump's case, that they are the actual leading contenders on their side of the ideological/party spectrum... that should scare the shit out people.

Scary times.

This

In Italy it's the same at the moment

We've just received the results of the second round, the bitch Le Pen and her candidates have lost everywhere :clap: :clap:

Yay France!!!!

I am not sure how your elections work or what these "rounds" are all about, but this sounds like great news! :lol:

They lost BUT more than 6 million of people voted for them, the National Front Party is gaining more and more ballots each elections. They lost but won 350 seats in regional councils.

Yes, their percentage has skyrocketed, they're gaining a lot of voters every election

I am not sure how your elections work or what these "rounds" are all about, but this sounds like great news! :lol:

In France, all elections have 2 rounds : in the first round, anybody can be candidate (under certain conditions), and the 2 candidates with the best results in the first round are present in the second round.

Le Pen and her candidates usually lead the first round with 30 to 40% (because it's the only far-right party, while there are several right-wing candidates and several left-wing candidates), but when the second round comes, Le Pen and her candidates always lose because the people who voted for someone else in the first round (and represent 60 to 70%) vote for her opponent in the secound round. It's a proof that the majority of french people still rejects her.

I'm trying to translate this bitch's name into English and I'm getting 'The boss of the Navy'. Like, did her parents actually name her that?

"Le Pen" doesn't mean anything in french, I think it's a breton name. "Marine" is a common first name, but you're right : it means "Navy" :laugh: