Here’s How Madonna Does a Statement Scarf

XXL

Here’s How Madonna Does a Statement Scarf

Cattura_zpsqb3fybs2.jpg

1441881411-06a1b1891d94761383cf6cb3e7a9a

If scarves are generally the stuff of pure cold-weather pragmatism, leave it to Madonna to up the ante. Case in point: the icon’s scene-stealing fur showpiece, a custom, gothic confection from the London-based Italian furrier Lilly e Violetta. Kicking off her Rebel Heart Tour’s two-night stand at The O2 Arena yesterday, Madge emerged with her singular flair from a cage sporting the dramatic black number, bearing two blood-red crosses and sweeping fringe. The studio changed the specific shade of ecclesiastical-looking crimson not once, but twice, before achieving the perfect hue.

embed-madonna-fur-stole.jpg

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the snowy white Lilly e Violetta stole Madonna wears in the stage show’s “Intro / Iconic” video and tour book (lensed by Steven Klein). Studded with thousands of Swarovski crystals, it was the result of two weeks’ labor by a five-person team, nodding to the fur the singer donned at the 1991 Academy Awards. Both designs were dreamed up in close collaboration with Madonna’s go-to stylist, the Oscar-nominated Arianne Phillips.

It’s not the brand’s first brush with showbiz—Emma Roberts’s well-heeled HBIC on Scream Queens sported a mini mink from the line—and it surely won’t be its last. According to the Lilly e Violetta studio team, the scarves are about creating desire. “The Rebel Heart Tour is about love and romance and how different people go through it,” they told Vogue.com via email. “Both scarves, we believe, are a sensual addition to Madonna’s outfit that add sophistication and femininity to her look, while empowering her status via religious and sexual innuendo.” Can we get an amen?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot for the life of me understand why she still chooses to wear real fur. That is not a statement that needs to be made in this day and age.

how do we know is real fur, by the way?

I'm assuming the article would say "the icon’s scene-stealing faux fur showpiece" instead of "fur showpiece" if it wasn't real. I hope I am wrong.

Fake fur

According to different newspapers and peta, its a £35,000 chinchilla fur coat.

PETA: Look out, ladies and gentlemen, here comes Madonna. In a £35,000 Fendi chinchilla fur coat. For those of you doing the math, that means Madge needs to have more than 60 furry animals electrocuted just to keep her warm on a Wednesday night.

Anyone know for sure if its true? Has Madonna ever spoken about the matter?

Edited by Skadi