MadonnaNation.com Forums
Barney

Sinead O'Connor [merged]

Universal Mother is my favourite as well. Maybe it's cuz we wos 14 y.o. angsty gays Suedey?

Universal Mother is my favourite as well. Maybe it's cuz we wos 14 y.o. angsty gays Suedey?

Oh definitely! I loved that album so much!! Well I still do obviously. John I Love You, Tiny Grief Song, Scorn Not His Simplicity, A Perfect Indian... so many great songs. And I love the concept album aspect of it!

Let's face it Fire on Babylon is quite possibly one of the most harrowing songs of all time. The lyrics kill me everytime.

Let's face it Fire on Babylon is quite possibly one of the most harrowing songs of all time. The lyrics kill me everytime.

Ugh & That video, I remember her performing it on MTV's most Wanted but i can't find it *sad face*

And such an evocative and personal video. Again, quite difficult to watch if you understand what she's talking about.

Ugh & That video, I remember her performing it on MTV's most Wanted but i can't find it *sad face*

I was just thinking about that and I posted the video!

I'm looking for that performance as well..

When she wails 'The Children Are Gone....' I need a moment 2 collect myself.

When she wails 'The Children Are Gone....' I need a moment 2 collect myself.

:(

All those desperate songbook/standards covering cunts need 2 sit back & take notes:

She even made Elton sound good!

So much better than the original version.

I never knew Success has made a failure of our home was actually a Loretta Lynn cover.

Sooo... no love shown for the Gospel Oak? Fantastic record.

I still think Madonna tapped into Sin's version for her Evita and quite rightly so rather than going the Elaine Paige or *spits* Patti LuPone direction.

I still think Madonna tapped into Sin's version for her Evita and quite rightly so rather than going the Elaine Paige or *spits* Patti LuPone direction.

and I think she did it also with nothing compares 2 U...

All those desperate songbook/standards covering cunts need 2 sit back & take notes:

Oh my, how I love that song. :inlove:

I never knew Success has made a failure of our home was actually a Loretta Lynn cover.

Sooo... no love shown for the Gospel Oak? Fantastic record.

Beautiful, but after her incredible works of art, it seemed a bit less interesting.

Sinead told Prince to fuck off...

'I told him to fuck off' - Sinead O'Connor reveals she had punch-up with Prince

Aoife Kelly

18/11/2014 | 08:54

Sinead O'Connor has revealed she came to blows with Prince over 'Nothing Compares 2U', the song he penned which propelled Sinead to superstardom.

2014-10-15_bra_3804511_I1.JPG

- he said he didn't like me saying bad words in interviews. So I told him to fuck off."

"He got quite violent. I had to escape out of his house at 5 in the morning. He packed a bigger punch than mine.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/i-told-him-to-f-off-sinead-oconnor-reveals-she-had-punchup-with-prince-30753189.html#comments

:rotfl:

I like her now.

hol' shit!

Sinead_Lion_Cobra_Original.jpg

and I think she did it also with nothing compares 2 U...

Madonna once was asked who she would like to work with. [ This was before any collaborations. JustinT etc ]

To my surprise she said; Sinead. I cant find this interview, but I am sure I read/heard it correctly. as I am a fan of both Sinead and M

It's incredible how much Bjork was inspired by Fire on Babylon for her Army of me production

^never thought of that.

but sounds alike for sure.

I love when Sinead scream her lungs out in fire. haunting

It's incredible how much Bjork was inspired by Fire on Babylon for her Army of me production

It's the other way around though...from Human Behaviour song & video...sorry but it's ALL Bjork.

Madonna once was asked who she would like to work with. [ This was before any collaborations. JustinT etc ]

To my surprise she said; Sinead. I cant find this interview, but I am sure I read/heard it correctly. as I am a fan of both Sinead and M

that's probably not it but she did mention her favorably here (after some deep digs a couple years earlier):

You seem quite interested in British acts.

She smiles “Well, most of the artists I really like are British. Like… Well, Bjork’s not British but that where she emerged.

She’s an original, completely unique, adorable. I can’t put my finger on what she’s got and that’s probably a good thing. She’s just one of a kind, incredible. I love PJ Harvey, too, I think her lyrics are brilliant. She’s real tortured and I’m drawn to people who are tortured. I’m a huge fan of hers and of Sinead’s. I’m a big fan of all tortured female artists.”

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-nme-december-02-1995

do they have the same producer?

Not for that song but Nellee produced Nothing Compares...

But Acko is right that some sounds were in Debut.

that's probably not it but she did mention her favorably here (after some deep digs a couple years earlier):

You seem quite interested in British acts.

She smiles “Well, most of the artists I really like are British. Like… Well, Bjork’s not British but that where she emerged.

She’s an original, completely unique, adorable. I can’t put my finger on what she’s got and that’s probably a good thing. She’s just one of a kind, incredible. I love PJ Harvey, too, I think her lyrics are brilliant. She’s real tortured and I’m drawn to people who are tortured. I’m a huge fan of hers and of Sinead’s. I’m a big fan of all tortured female artists.”

http://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-nme-december-02-1995

thanks!

Yes I do remember she would like to work with sinead.

that must have been sometime round mid 90s. It would have been great cause sineads voice was still very good at the time. and I would be really interested what the 2 voices together would sound like. Both have angelic qualities but Sineads voice does no vibrato.

I have never even seen them together.

Guest Mauro

TMZ has the police scanner audio.

SINEAD O'CONNOR

SUICIDE WATCH ON CHICAGO BRIDGES

Cops are on the hunt for Sinead O'Connor after someone in her family told cops she's threatening to kill herself.

Chicago PD got a call from Irish authorities saying Sinead contacted her family an hour ago and said she was suicidal and planned to jump off a bridge in the Chicago area.

We're told cops actually spotted someone who looked like she fit the profile but it wasn't Sinead.

TMZ obtained scanner audio from the PD giving officers the heads up. We're told there's not an active search ... but cops were told to be on the lookout.

Sinead's been struggling with depression lately -- just last month she was reported missing and her friends and family feared suicide -- she was later found at a Chicago hotel.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/23/sinead-oconnor-suicide-bridge-cops-scanner/