Rebel Heart rendition. Japan. Bonus track

Surely this is being discussed somewhere but I guess it's important enough.

In January Rebel Heart will be relaunched in Japan. It's the tour edition, with vids on DVD and exclusive bonus. Different cover and limited edition.

Which bonus could it be??? Queen??? A lame remix of LFL???

Will you buy it?

Guest Rocco Papa

I think it's so cool that physical stuff like this is still being released!! Takes me back to the 90s. Everything is digital now, so a release like this is really special. A collector's item for sure.

Yeah it's confirmed to just be a remix of LFL as the additional track.

And the cover is the same as the standard edition.

http://drownedmadonna.com/rebel-heart-japan-tour-edition-with-cddvd-to-be-released-next-january/20151110

only? well...I need more new songs to be it

• 2 weeks later...

I will get this just because of the dvd, I have to have it.

And I'm still hoping there will be an alternate cover, although there's about zero chance for anything like that to happen...

Do you think there's a chance the album will be remastered?? Not that I mind the mastering, but would loved Hold Tight to be louder!

Do you think there's a chance the album will be remastered??

No, I don't think they care about mastering at this point. Wash All Over Me is unlistenable to me because they fucked up, even though it's a great song.

Do you think there's a chance the album will be remastered?? Not that I mind the mastering, but would loved Hold Tight to be louder!

I get the feeling Hold Tight sounds louder on the CD than on the iTunes version :huh:

• 1 month later...

oh, i just noticed that i wrote "rendition" instead of "reedition" in the title :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well, if the album had been remastered or mixed again, i would buy it faster than the speed of light.

And why does the regular back cover ends with Inside Out instead of WAOM?

oh, i just noticed that i wrote "rendition" instead of "reedition" in the title :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well, if the album had been remastered or mixed again, i would buy it faster than the speed of light.

And why does the regular back cover ends with Inside Out instead of WAOM?

I'm assume the rest of the tracklist is hidden behind the label?

They could have added some unreleased tracks like Two Steps Behind or Heaven, etc.. Any DJ could have easily mixed them and given them an extra edge. They just seem to miss opportunities as hardcore fans would buy a new CD or MP3 if there's a couple of unreleased songs!

I didn't want to share this as I know a lot of you don't like Guy Oseary but I actually spoke to Guy while waiting for Madonna during concert and I said please make Madonna release those demos ( I'm referring to TSB and Heaven by the way) as they re brilliant and he said that material was unfinished and Madonna didn't envision them in new album but you never know... So I said but everybody I know absolutely love those two songs. And with a good arrangement ( expecially for TSB) they could be some of her best! So I said give them to Lunice and something good might come out of it and he was you just won't give up lol but yes I think I did have a point. Madonna doesn't need to be sitting there envisioning every song she puts out there. She already recorded them after all... just give them to some kick ass DJ and make another album and I'm sure as hell I ll buy it. They just won't listen to us! And I think it's all down to money... They don't see how they can possibly make money out of it. Same goes for the charts and airplay.. If they can't make money they are not going to risk it so that a song gets an higher debut or a very high chart position! And by the way I love Guy but in my humble opinion he's all about making money.

• 2 weeks later...

They could have added some unreleased tracks like Two Steps Behind or Heaven, etc.. Any DJ could have easily mixed them and given them an extra edge. They just seem to miss opportunities as hardcore fans would buy a new CD or MP3 if there's a couple of unreleased songs!

I didn't want to share this as I know a lot of you don't like Guy Oseary but I actually spoke to Guy while waiting for Madonna during concert and I said please make Madonna release those demos ( I'm referring to TSB and Heaven by the way) as they re brilliant and he said that material was unfinished and Madonna didn't envision them in new album but you never know... So I said but everybody I know absolutely love those two songs. And with a good arrangement ( expecially for TSB) they could be some of her best! So I said give them to Lunice and something good might come out of it and he was you just won't give up lol but yes I think I did have a point. Madonna doesn't need to be sitting there envisioning every song she puts out there. She already recorded them after all... just give them to some kick ass DJ and make another album and I'm sure as hell I ll buy it. They just won't listen to us! And I think it's all down to money... They don't see how they can possibly make money out of it. Same goes for the charts and airplay.. If they can't make money they are not going to risk it so that a song gets an higher debut or a very high chart position! And by the way I love Guy but in my humble opinion he's all about making money.

I agree but I think this is specifically what M hired him for.

If Madonna's dropped a song, it's for a reason. It's why songs like Revenge and Like a Flower didn't make ROL. Madonna would even reffered to them in her 2005 Attitude Magazine interview as "cheesy demos." There's only been a few exceptions where she's taken old songs and put them on a later album. But they were heavily reconstructed (i.e. Is This Love-Voices). God forbid Madonna were to do this, she'd be ripped apart by her fans. As these demos seem to be so prized and precious to many fans, they would never accept a new version.

^ Agreed, whoop... "Queen" feels like the exception, as it was included in publicity as a bonus track, along with "Autotune Baby" -- difference being AB actually saw release on the German edition ... much like the Japanese editions for other albums. I think the disappointing aspect here is that, in the past, a track like that might have ended up a B-side on a physical release (cf "Has to Be," "Supernatural," even "Cyberraga" and "Let Down Your Guard"). But I guess we should just be grateful for the many bonus tracks we've gotten in the iTunes era, which we might not otherwise have received.

Still ... "Queen" seems odd -- was listed on the website tracklisting for so long, even after we knew we weren't getting it. And AB is *so* limited/rare. Annoying in this digital age. Should be able to (legally) download it (by purchasing it).

If Madonna reworked old demos fans would just complain that she changed the song too much, just like they did with RH.

If Madonna reworked old demos fans would just complain that she changed the song too much, just like they did with RH.

exactly..and her single sales are low anyway so theres no point.