One year ago, "Rebel Heart" snippet was leaked !

On November 28, 2014, Thanksgiving came with a suprise: a snippet of 'Rebel Heart' leaked to

the internet. We all know now how the story ends!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6334591/new-madonna-song-rebel-heart-leaks

A snippet of a new Madonna song, rumored to be titled "Rebel Heart," leaked to the Internet on Thursday (Nov. 27).

Who's Working on Madonna's Album? 22 Possible Collaborators

Madonna's publicist had no comment about the leak, but the diva's manager, Guy Oseary, Tweeted: "I would be grateful to any Madonna fans that can assist us in finding those responsible for the leak. We appreciate your help."

About 40 seconds of the dance-meets-acoustic track materialized with Madonna singing, "I've spent some time as a narcissist, hearing the others say 'look at you, look at you.' Trying to be so provocative, I said, 'Oh yeah, that was me. All the things I did just to be seen.'"

It's assumed the song is titled "Rebel Heart," as Madonna is heard singing the phrase at one point in the snippet, and because she used the #RebelHeart hashtag on her Instagram for months. The song might be a co-production withAvicii, as Madonna used the #RebelHeart hashtag in a photo of her with him and his team nine months ago.

It's unknown if the song clip is from a demo version of the song or a recording of a finished track. (As the audio quality of the snippet is questionable -- it sounds like it was recorded through speakers -- some observers have suggested the song is unfinished.)

Madonna has been working on new music throughout 2014, frequently updating her Instagram feed with photos and messages regarding her progress. A new album from the entertainer is expected in 2015. It will be her first studio effort since 2012's MDNA, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

52c92b22f3a26fbb4d781179902dae42.710x710

November 2014 - April 2015

probably the most chaotic and messy moments for Madonna fans :rotfl:

the leakages

the surprise release

the demo vs final meltdowns

the fall

the kiss

:lmao:

but yes I'm STILL hoping for an official version of Avicii Heart

One of my happiest Madonna memories. I was about an hour away from sitting down with my extended family for Thanksgiving dinner when I decided to do a quick browse of MadonnaNation... Needless to say, I didn't help set up and instead fled to a nearby room and danced around listening to the snippet about 100 times. Sorry M.

If we could only have a HQ version... After preferring the album version for quite a while, I've come to settle on this as the definitive version. Even the vocal take is better, which is unusual. Sorry M.

Guest Rocco Papa

WOW! I can't believe it's been a year already! This has been the best era since Confessions. And the best part is that it's still not over yet!

A year already! All of my friends who aren't exactly Madonna fans loved RH on first listen. I still think it's a masterpiece, both demo and album version.

I honestly wish I didn't listen to the leaks. Next album I'm waiting till it officially comes out!! The demos ruined few songs for me... I still can't get over how they stripped Inside Out of the guitars and lighter piano. I also think Illuminati demo is a lot catchier. But oh well... Lesson learned...