Mannheim concert

Hapertje

Ok I got home now (it's 3 am) but I decided to post a short review now, not sure if I will have time tomorrow.

I arrived at the arena around 7:30, that was also the time when they were supposed to let people in. But it took FOREVER to get in, because they only had 3 security people at my gate. That was ridiculous compared to what I experienced in Prague where it was all very professionally done. Anyway, we got in and I had a spot right at the heart stage, 5th row or so.

Lunice started his set at 9:15 and played for an hour. I expected the worst but it was actually quite good and very danceable. Most people didn't expect Madonna to come on stage before 10:15 because that's what was written in the email of the ticketing agency. So around 10 the arena got full and then at 10:15 they made the announcement that there is going to be a delay and that she will be on stage at 10:45. The audience booed and many people, who just entered the arena, left again. lol Probably to get another drink or something. As Nonoka already said, she was on stage around 11 (at 10:53 to be exact) and she was in a really great mood tonight. I'd say even better than when I saw her in Prague (1st night). She apologized for being late and explained that the way from Antwerpen to Mannheim is a long long drive (it's not really that long but anyway). ;) The crowd cheered a bit and applauded but as expected, they were quite reserved and most people didn't dance, sadly. The floor wasn't as packed as usual, so I had enough room to dance and experience the show in a very relaxed way. There were many children and 'old' people at the show, which was great to see. Music makes the people come together indeed.

The guy who caught the bouquet (Patrick) was cute but I believe he couldn't speak English that well or he was just too nervous. Even Madonna noticed it and said something like "I believe you don't understand anything I say. But that's ok because my ex husbands didn't understand anything I said either". He was also the Unapologetic Bitch and when he joined M on stage, she noticed that his shirt said "Madonna made me gay". Hilarious because up to that point he was her 'husband' of the evening. She made some jokes about it, like "am I allowed to see other men? Are you going to see other men, too?" to which he responded 'yes' and they both laughed.

It was great to finally hear Who's That Girl live. I wasn't really looking forward to this acoustic rendition but it was beautiful when the audience sang along to the chorus. Candy Shop remains a highlight for me - that beat is SICK and I love the choreography for it. It's really quite ironic that this little album track got 3 outings on tour already and all of them rock.

That's it, I think. Show ended at 1:00 and I needed 45 minutes to get out of the parking space and another 45 minutes to get to Frankfurt. It's gonna be a short night but it was definitely worth it. I wish I could see the show one more time...

So glad u enjoyed it. Thx for the review

Someone's already uploaded a few vids to youtube:

speech about lateness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JESxnpHOOu4

post-MG wedding banter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ4m33iOtGo

post-La Vie diamonds are a girls best friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxvlU3ANOc

the guy that caught the bouquet was so cute.

By the way...have you guys noticed she didn't post anything on Instagram about the Mannheim show? She's been posting pics before or after every show she has done so far - like really, every single one ever since she started in Montreal. But not for Mannheim. Weird isn't it? :D

By the way...have you guys noticed she didn't post anything on Instagram about the Mannheim show? She's been posting pics before or after every show she has done so far - like really, every single one ever since she started in Montreal. But not for Mannheim. Weird isn't it? :D

Maybe because it was just after the antwerp show and she forgot

Yeah I noticed that, too. Oh well, at least she was in a great mood during the show :)

Isn't that funny?

tumblr_m1gjtcomry1rnimpto1_500.gif