BloodDiamonds on Madonna/Rebel Heart

^

Could Lunice be her next big producer?

He mentioned it's a possibility which is a nice way of putting it might happen. He's very good and I can see Madonna be totally into his production. He's very very NOW but I'd say his music is very progressive and more futuristic than Kanye or even Diplo. A whole album produced by him would be something I'd say.

Maybe they're already planned something out but it's all hush hush as she doesn't want anyone to know she's recording new music so people wouldn't try to hack their system and leak it lol

But from what I know she does record some stuff while touring.. Didn't she record I Love New York during the Reinvention tour as Stuart Price was touring with her? Anyone in the know can say anything?

ugh NO

Great interview! Thanks! :)

You only have to listen to the demo of something like "Love Spent" to hear that even when she doesn't write something from scratch, she always does something to the track (whether it's altering the lyrics or reshaping the melody) to make it her own.

Has that one even surfaced anywhere?

I always love hearing producers talk about Madonna and how their perceptions changed about her once they met and worked with her.

I need the next album to be a one producer, one album event.

• 4 weeks later...

all the people she works with say the same thing!

madonna is basically a musical genius.

Exactly! Yet some of her fans don't even believe this (not many around here, though, which is good!).

Question: have the FULL credits for the 'RH' album ever been published? I find it odd that this is something that has been overlooked.......... (unless I missed it). I love reading who did what on a song.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! I love what he had to say about working with Madonna!

Btw, isn't it interesting that ppl say she's known as being a bitch, meanwhile those who have ACTUALLY worked with her say the opposite ☕️

Thanks for sharing! I love what he had to say about working with Madonna!

Btw, isn't it interesting that ppl say she's known as being a bitch, meanwhile those who have ACTUALLY worked with her say the opposite ☕️

The only people that say Madonna is a musical puppet are the ones that never worked with her. I swear i haven't heart 1 single producer saying how bad she is in a studio. Everyone says how underrated she is as a writer and producer...

The problem with Madonna's abilities as a song writer goes back in the beginning of her career when people even accused her she wasn't singing her own songs. She brought out such strong images with each release that the music kind of took a back seat so it made perfect sense people focused more on her looks than the music. When teenagers all over the world put posters of you on their bedroom walls people are not going to take you seriously ( young sexy female artists and boy bands are always rediculed in that respect). First time Madonna was appreciated for her talent was in Evita and Ray Of Light. It took a good 10 years for her to be seen as a credible artist. Her "images" always spoke louder than the music but that says more about the society we're living in than Madonna herself. Ray Of Light worked on so many levels because she approached a softer side of herself.. It's basically sex free and obviously being a mother did the trick for the most part.. People had to concentrate on the music. Although she was criticised for using Hindi references those controversies were nothing compared to JML and Sex/Erotica.

In short if people chose to undermine her musical talent is only because she couldn't care less of their opinion. She's always been interested in saying something rather than get the praise or acknowledgement from people she doesn't even know!

• 3 weeks later...

She also didn't play an instrument, which automatically leads to the perception that you don't actually write music, etc.

I honestly find it hilarious how surprised these producers always sound. I guess nobody actually reads these interviews except fans.

I hope that having him tour with her is a sign that she liked him and will maybe work with him again.