Do you collect Madonna's soundtrack albums?

To those out there who collect everything to do with Madonna, do you collect Madonna soundtrack albums like Vision Quest soundtrack, Just Say Roe and The Spy Who Shagged Me etc and do you collect those in multple editions e.g. UK, Japan pressings?

Also, do you collect movies where Madonna only appears for like 1/2 minute e.g. Vision Quest movie? Would you buy multiple editions of the Vision Quest movie? I still don't know if a collector is meant to collect those stuff or not.

Nope, I only have Who's That Girl because that has 4 Madonna tracks on it, I'm not into Evita (but my brother is!)

Only if shes on the cover

This might be the best one to settle for. Just like magazines, you buy multiple editions if she's on front cover. If it's only an ad or interview inside, you rip that particular page out nicely and insert it in a plastic sleeve but you wouldn't add the whole magazine to the collection as she's not on front cover. Soundtrack CDs with new songs but no M on cover can be bought for the new song but not to be kept in the collection as it doesn't belong there.

Thanks so much for the clarification.

I only buy something like a soundtrack if the song on it is not available elsewhere. I used to buy all her movies but as I upgrade to blu ray I am only buying the ones I actually will watch.

Me too.

I only buy something like a soundtrack if the song on it is not available elsewhere. I used to buy all her movies but as I upgrade to blu ray I am only buying the ones I actually will watch.

Me too.(2)

I'm not much of a collector nor do I purchase soundtracks but I will say that I did indeed purchase the Vision Quest soundtrack only because it had Gambler. Also the Who's That Girl? soundtrack from iTunes.

Guest Rocco Papa

I have Vision Quest because of Gambler. I fucking love that song!! :headbang: I already had Crazy For You on TIC by that point. I also have Who's That Girl, Dick Tracy, and Evita (2-disc).

I don't have The Next Best Thing, but I did get the American Pie CD single. And I didn't get Spy Who Shagged Me, because I already had Beautiful Stranger on GHV2. I also didn't get Die Another Day, but I did get the CD maxi-single when it first came out. I figured that would be cheaper than buying an entire album just for one song! I don't have With Honors either, because I already have I'll Remember on Something to Remember. And I never came across Il Postino.

I'm considering buying The Next Best Thing, because of Time Stood Still, and Il Postino, because of If You Forget Me.

Guest Rocco Papa

WE is a masterpiece and I love Body of evidence one too

I completely forgot about W.E. :laugh: Nope don't have that one either. As beautiful as Abel Korzeniowski's music is, I have no interest in buying it since I already have Masterpiece on MDNA. And I don't want to buy any soundtracks to Madonna's movies if her songs aren't on it. I'd only do that if there was another artist featured on it that I liked.

I don't bother with soundtracks for most of her films except ones with her on like WTG and Evita (which I've not listened to either as overall I think Lloyd Webber musicals are generally crap)

I do own the DSS soundtrack on cd AND vinyl with the amazing Susan and Roberta cover which is one my favourite pieces of vinyl!