What if she had landed some of Nicole Kidman's leading roles

imgonnacarryon

Call me crazy but I think she could've pulled off these characters. Like in the movie "Australia". She already has the english accent!!!!! It could've been like a good version of "Shanghai surprise", exactly what she wanted from the very beginning

Just think about it... Madonna and Sean Penn (with an australian accent) in.... AUSTRALIA

Or.... imagine Madonna as Grace of Monaco :smile::smile::smile: I mean the possibilities are endless. I think she can play an aristocrat. Like in the movie "Blue Jasmin". I was repleacing the lead actress, picturin' M instead. She persued the wrong careers, she wanted to be Julia Roberts and Sharon Stone so badly that she didn't make the right choices (except in The next best thing, which is amazing)

I agree that she picked the wrong roles, which the exception being DDS, Dick Tracy, and Evita. I believe she was best in those roles because she was basically playing herself. I don't think she's capable of pretending to be someone else. Her star shines too bright.

I agree that she picked the wrong roles, which the exception being DDS, Dick Tracy, and Evita. I believe she was best in those roles because she was basically playing herself. I don't think she's capable of pretending to be someone else. Her star shines too bright.

This

And she has awful script taste

I think Madonna might have done well with The Others.

Yeah.... God knows why she NEVER did a horror movie. I can see her as a scream queen. Or a ruthless villain (Breathless was too kind and Rebecca was too much of a slut)

And Evita showed how great she can be doing EPIC

Please, return to the big screen Madonna!

Australia (the movie) is awful. As is that Princess Grace film. Madonna would have been bad in this films

Kidman has had some fantastic performances, and i love her, but she is in way the model citizen for acting.

I think she was great in Who's That Girl. It was a certain type of comedy & I think she pulled it off.

Don't forget Dangerous Game which she was astounding in.

She just needs great directors to really push her.

Yeah.... God knows why she NEVER did a horror movie. I can see her as a scream queen. Or a ruthless villain (Breathless was too kind and Rebecca was too much of a slut

The 's' word is so passé. Spare me.

As for M in film roles. Yes, she could have made better choices. But, what's done is done.

Desperately Seeking Susan, Evita, Dick Tracy, A league of their own are movies I loved and her performances. Hated Dangerous Game but she was superb in that. Who's that girl was cute. The rest though - dreadful, especially Swept Away which I always pretend does not exist. She is often too nervous and self conscious as an actress. You can see her fear and insecurity which actors just can't show. Madonna is often nervous on stage thus her shaking at times - but that does not affect her as a performer and I consider her to be the best popular music performer ever. Acting though, not her forte. I think she would be always be wonderful in musicals as she is magnetic and believable in all her music videos. A'h well, she has still been in some great movies and Desperately Seeking Susan is still one of the highlights of her total charisma on screen.

I always loved the movie "far and away". I could imagine Madonna playing that role. I would love to see her act again, but she said she wouldn't, am I right?

Call me crazy but I think she could've pulled off these characters. Like in the movie "Australia". She already has the english accent!!!!! It could've been like a good version of "Shanghai surprise", exactly what she wanted from the very beginning

Just think about it... Madonna and Sean Penn (with an australian accent) in.... AUSTRALIA

Or.... imagine Madonna as Grace of Monaco :smile::smile::smile: I mean the possibilities are endless. I think she can play an aristocrat. Like in the movie "Blue Jasmin". I was repleacing the lead actress, picturin' M instead. She persued the wrong careers, she wanted to be Julia Roberts and Sharon Stone so badly that she didn't make the right choices (except in The next best thing, which is amazing)

ok....i could like your play of figuring madonna in other actresses roles....

...but could you please just pick decent examples and not shit movies (except blue jasmine)? what's the point of desiring shit roles when she already had enough? :lmao:

I always loved the movie "far and away". I could imagine Madonna playing that role. I would love to see her act again, but she said she wouldn't, am I right?

remember what she said about 'far and away' with Rosie on Arsenio. ; )))

maybe because she wasnt in it.... :lol:

Desperately Seeking Susan, Evita, Dick Tracy, A league of their own are movies I loved and her performances. Hated Dangerous Game but she was superb in that. Who's that girl was cute. The rest though - dreadful, especially Swept Away which I always pretend does not exist. She is often too nervous and self conscious as an actress. You can see her fear and insecurity which actors just can't show. Madonna is often nervous on stage thus her shaking at times - but that does not affect her as a performer and I consider her to be the best popular music performer ever. Acting though, not her forte. I think she would be always be wonderful in musicals as she is magnetic and believable in all her music videos. A'h well, she has still been in some great movies and Desperately Seeking Susan is still one of the highlights of her total charisma on screen.

exactly!

Why are people hating Australia? I don't like Baz Lurman much but this is my exception. I even got moved with the cattle scene and the boy! Can't stand Moulin Rouge even if I wanted to love it, so screwed up with the awfully unfitting 80's songs. Etc.

I could in fact see Madonna doing Australia.

i love Madonna in Desperately Seeking susan, A League of their own and Evita..Perfect roles for her. I think she would be perfect in The Others, instead of Kidman..Australia..omg, that movie is so bad..If Madonna played the lead role instead of Kidman she would get blamed for flop.

I'd love to see Madonna in Thelma and Louise :laugh:

i love Madonna in Desperately Seeking susan, A League of their own and Evita..Perfect roles for her. I think she would be perfect in The Others, instead of Kidman..Australia..omg, that movie is so bad..If Madonna played the lead role instead of Kidman she would get blamed for flop.

I'd love to see Madonna in Thelma and Louise :laugh:

Australia wasn't a flop, it underperformed yes but it wasn't a flop

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna needed to play Madonna after Susan a little bit longer.

after the press said, she only played herself, she jumped too fast to prove them wrong. its what killed the acting career.