Turin - November 22nd

Slim Shady

Maybe this discussion should have its own thread? Lol

Incorporating funk and gospel, whose signature song is "Like a ...

Fun Trivia ... Signature Song

Mobile-friendly - The video for Madonna's signature song "Like a Prayer" from 1989 features Madonna in a romantic liaison with the ...

Interesting Information:

Madonna was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008

"Like a Prayer" was the title cut to Madona's fourth album, released in 1989. Madonna stated "the song of a passionate young girl so in love with God that it is almost as though He were the male figure in her life. The theme of Catholicism runs rampant through my album [...] It's me struggling with the mystery and magic that surrounds it. My own Catholicism is in constant upheaval. When I left home at 17 and went to New York, which is the city with the most sinners, I renounced the traditional meaning of Catholicism in terms of how I would live my life. But I never stopped feeling the guilt and shame that are ingrained in you if you are brought up Catholic." (Quote: Holden, Stephen (1989-03-19). "Madonna re-creates herself - again". The New York Times. The New York Times Company.)

There's always been a heavy emphasis on sexuality in Madonna's work. Although somewhat ambiguous, the song has been interpreted as a heavily sexual song.

Although there is ambiguity in the lyrics, the video, however, is explicitly sexual. The video for Madonna's signature song "Like a Prayer" from 1989 features Madonna in a romantic liaison with the Catholic saint Martin de Porres. Mary Lambert, who also directed the videos to "Borderline", "Like a Virgin", "Material Girl" and "La Isla Bonita", made the video with Madonna in 1989. The video was highly controversial due to burning crosses, the various Catholic references, and Madonna developing stigmata. Martin de Porres could also be interpreted as a black Christ.

Well it can be good and praised and still not the signature song..

If it is her THE signature song, then why didn't she sing it on four back-to-back tours?

TGS, DWT, RIT and Confessions.

and even now, she doesn't sing it on every show..

I'd say she has many signature songs..LAP is just one of them. I think LAV, MG, ITG, LIB and VOGUE are more famous and known signature songs of hers.

To each their own. I don't think she has any songs that are more famous than LAP.

To each their own. I don't think she has any songs that are more famous than LAP.

Well there was a poll a while ago and the general public said most "Like A Virgin" when asked do they know any Madonna song..

• 3 weeks later...