MadonnaNation.com Forums

Coincidence? I think not, sweetie...

Enya and coke seem so antagonistic hahaha. If it were weed...

Her music is cool. I really like the cover for this album.

I like Enya

It's absurd to have her in vinyl though! Back then the worst album in vinyl were the ambient ones because all the atmosphere disappeared if the needle started to do weird sounds. I recall my joy when I could replace The Celts and Watermark from vinyl to CD. 

On 5/5/2016 at 1:13 AM, karbatal said:

Enya and coke seem so antagonistic hahaha. If it were weed...

Now when I think of "Only Time", I'm wanting to change the lyrics to:  "who can say why my nose bleeds"....or....."who should say I should smoke weed"....

We need a remix album 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, karbatal said:

I like Enya

It's absurd to have her in vinyl though! Back then the worst album in vinyl were the ambient ones because all the atmosphere disappeared if the needle started to do weird sounds. I recall my joy when I could replace The Celts and Watermark from vinyl to CD. 

Now then you tell me.... :|

2 hours ago, horn said:

Now then you tell me.... :|

:lol: 

But now is different. You have that as a pretty piece. Back then it was THE ONLY way to enjoy it. I had such a bad experience with Watermark that when The Celts was finally reissued I bought the vinyl and the first listen I recorded it in cassette, so I knew I could enjoy the album without the horrid sounds that would came in time. 

I just came back from business trip.

Will listen to it on this coming weekend.

I want Enya to invite me to her castle. She can totally ignore me while I'm there. I'm ok with that.

On 7/19/2018 at 12:44 PM, horn said:

I just came back from business trip.

Will listen to it on this coming weekend.

It must not have lived up to your expectations....as we didn't hear back from you!!!?  :provoke:

23 hours ago, todsmod said:

It must not have lived up to your expectations....as we didn't hear back from you!!!?  :provoke:

Still in shrinkwrap! :nocomment:

I want her new album already!!! Why is she taking such huge gaps between albums??? Dark Sky Island vinyl is hanging on my wall by the way!! Love it!!! 🌙💙🌠🌚🦋🌚🌠💙🌙

Oh Enya....

What a funny anomaly she was in the late 90's and early to mid 90's. It's absolutely crazy to think that radio actually PLAYED her back then. Including MTV! I became a fan after I heard Anywhere Is and bought The Memory Of Trees. I then went into her back catalog and was shocked by how much of her music I had already heard. 

Sadly, after that album she started to lose me. A Day Without Rain was a soozefest. And I can't listen to Only Time without thinking of 9/11. They blared that song ALL THE TIME after it happened. They would even put news clips of reporters in between the lyrics of the song which I thought was one of the tackiest things you could do. 

it's been like that for ages, people getting drunk and high on killiney beach is no news

she was good! I´m prepared for a new album!!!! I remember the first time I heard her, I was in school and a friend of mine loved her: I thought he was a weirdo, but he was right! she is good (and I was enjoying julio iglesias in that same period of my life, so---two weirdos!)

Two weeks ago I'd never heard an Enya song in my life and now I'm obsessed with her! Boadicea is my favorite song at the moment.

6 hours ago, LVX said:

Two weeks ago I'd never heard an Enya song in my life and now I'm obsessed with her! Boadicea is my favorite song at the moment.

Check out this one

So I heard Lady Diana was a big fan, it makes sense; back in the 90's

over time Enya seems way to repetative, same tricks and chords all the time. good sound though....