London - December 1

Apples388

Guest madonnalovaus

Sorry but I was there tonight and...it was the best thing that has ever happened on the entire planet. It. Was. Everything.

My god she was in incredibly good voice! Her rendition of Diamonds are a girls best friend. A Capella. Perfection. I die. I die. We are not worthy.

Loving that she and the crowd seemed to be on fire tonight and the reactions are huge.

Like others have said, I WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW AGAIN SO BAD!!!!!!!

(Still crossing my fingers for another NYC show added when she returns to the states though the window on that seems to be closing. )

Sorry but I was there tonight and...it was the best thing that has ever happened on the entire planet. It. Was. Everything.

My god she was in incredibly good voice! Her rendition of Diamonds are a girls best friend. A Capella. Perfection. I die. I die. We are not worthy.

:wow: So Diamonds are a girls best friend is part of the show now?

I've just got home. Tonight was just brilliant. Highlights for me were Burning Up (such a chunky thumper of a song), Holy Water, Devil, Body Shop (I didn't hear any auto tune), True Blue (I never, ever thought she'd do this again), Like A Virgin, Material Girl (brilliantly staged), Who's That Girl, Deeper and Deeper (I've never been a fan of this but this performance was stellar), Like A Prayer (I was expecting a gentle acoustic version but no this turns into a dance fest that the crowd went nuts for), Candy Shop (fuck me - this was unexpectedly fabulous), Unapologetic Bitch, La Isla Bonita and the last one Holiday (so infectious and joyful).

Her humour was so cute and endearing. When she threw the bouquet a guy called Pepe caught it and he couldn't speak English! So she teased him about it. It was so funny. And her little chat before La Vie End Rose was funny too.

This was a fabulous gig. Everyone around me was dancing and singing along. Many say that London audiences can be dull and unanimated but tonight was the total opposite. I loved every minute of it - her best concert for years.

Love your review Nightcutter. :clap:

I am too tired to write a review in detail, but I can tell it was perfection beginning to end! It's simply amazing and unforgetable! The crowd was on fire, her voice was perfect, the interaction with the the crowd really funny. This show is EVERYTHING! She is EVERYTHING!

One special moment of the evening for me was when the cape came off and the crowd went wild! The cape incident happened the last time she was at the O2 so it was very simbolic.

I need to sleep now, but can't stop thinking about the show!

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I would kiss you all! It was awesome to meet Chelle, love her! Gorgeous!

My feet are still killing me from the jumping and dancing. The crowd was simply on FIRE!! I'm sure she felt huge love!

I don't have favourites cause all segments was so unique and different, can't possibly choose which was my favourite part. YouTube/periscope does not give the show justice, you have to see it with your own eyes to see how amazing this woman is.

I'm no good with words/writing. I have fallen in love with Madonna a billions times lastnight, she is my first, last greatest icon I have even seen. No one like her ever! I love you Madonna!

Someone massage my feeeeeeeeeeeeet

Oh she has the best FANS!!! Wonderful people!

Graham really went for it! He'll be talking about it on Saturday so hopefully shift the tickets for the other shows!

Great to hear the London crowd were up for it. Better venue than the big stadiums.

Did anyone get any good pictures? Were any of you close?

5 stars in The Times

(I have posted the link but it's subscription only)

A reinvigorated Madonna created hysteria in a show that exuded confidence

Ian West/PA

A reinvigorated Madonna created hysteria in a show that exuded confidence Ian West/PA

Will Hodgkinson Chief rock critic

Last updated at 12:01AM, December 2 2015

Rated to 5 stars

Madonna goes in and out of fashion but one constant remains: her tenacity. Less than a year after being almost decapitated during the Brit awards when dancers yanked her cape and sent her flying backwards, Madonna returned to the O2 for a concert that proved that theres nothing like a near-death experience to reinvigorate the Queen of Pop.

Three years ago, Madonna played a less than impressive concert at Hyde Park. What a difference a terrifying accident makes.

Dancers dressed as Crusaders marched on to the stage before a golden cage descended from the rafters containing Madonna. The crusading hordes made way for Japanese Samurai as the woman of the moment ran through Bitch , Im Madonna before a monk handed her a guitar for Burning Up. (Madonnas religious references had distinctly medieval overtones this time round).

Whatever next? A parade of naughty nuns, of course, pole dancing around crosses wearing wimples and frilly knickers. It would have been shocking were it not so impressive.

Madonnas great skill has always been to hold a grand vision that depends on the talents of others, and so it was here.

There was a section for which she vacated the stage entirely to make space for a dancer who did remarkable things with a strip of cloth and others who performed a car mechanic routine that appeared to be based less on taking the car in for its MoT and more on memories of playing Danny Zuko in a school production of Grease. Its so good to be back right here where I belong! she said, before performing a version of True Blue on a ukulele while surrounded by the worlds least scary team of car mechanics.

Her accident at the Brits clearly hadnt spooked Madonna either. She writhed on a spiral staircase for a cover of Love Dont Live Here Anymore, zipped about on a skateboard for Body Shop, and generally gave her health and safety experts a hernia.

Nobody f***s with the queen! she said, creating mass hysteria, before singing Like A Virgin while doing some non-virginal singing on an hydraulic platform.

Everything about this concert exuded confidence, from a samba medley of Into the Groove and Dress You Up to a remarkable set piece during Illuminati in which dancers flew about atop poles.

A Thirties Cabaret-style routine against an art deco set during Music and Material Girl gave way to a defiant re-creation of the cape-removing matador sequence that almost polished her off at the Brits. She even gave a confessional, admitting that she sucked at marriage, before singing La Vie En Rose. I have to admit, even I have outdone myself, she gasped. And when she sang Like A Prayer, surely the best irreligious gospel song ever written, it was impossible not to agree with her.

Even Graham Norton agreed; bizarrely, he joined Madonna on stage for Unapologetic Bitch. On a good night, nobody can touch Madonna and this was one of her best.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/arts/music/livereviews/article4630009.ece

Clip of Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend. :inlove:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-xFCOiHIyW/