"Madonna: Ambition. Music. Style" book by Caroline Sullivan

Shane

I just got this book for Christmas! My Mom surprised me because it only seems to be available through the UK.

Such a great book, well written and almost entirely focused on the music. There are long, detailed chapters for each of the 12 albums, tons of amazing photographs, and a section at the end for soundtracks (WTG, IB, Evita).

It's cool because the author mixes reviews from the initial time of release, reviews from reassessments years later, and her own analyses to give a complete picture.

At one point, she calls Gaga Madonna's Mini-Me lmao.

Sorry if there is already a thread for this great book.

Yes, Guardian writer. Surprisingly few errors and typos compared to most books of this sort. And I love that it focuses on the albums with only passing reference to her personal life.

The Caroline O'Sullivan book is on U.S. Amazon- released in September, it looks.

There's a book by Michelle Morgan due in May, called The Mammoth Madonna Book, featuring Blond Ambition imagery on the cover. I'm falling behind with these new Madge books.

The Caroline O'Sullivan book is on U.S. Amazon- released in September, it looks.

There's a book by Michelle Morgan due in May, called The Mammoth Madonna Book, featuring Blond Ambition imagery on the cover. I'm falling behind with these new Madge books.

Thank you, can't wait to see what the Morgan one is like!

I just got this book for Christmas! My Mom surprised me because it only seems to be available through the UK.

Such a great book, well written and almost entirely focused on the music. There are long, detailed chapters for each of the 12 albums, tons of amazing photographs, and a section at the end for soundtracks (WTG, IB, Evita).

It's cool because the author mixes reviews from the initial time of release, reviews from reassessments years later, and her own analyses to give a complete picture.

At one point, she calls Gaga Madonna's Mini-Me lmao.

Sorry if there is already a thread for this great book.

I need to check this book out

• 10 months later...

Don't know if someone had already made a post about this, but I was at Barnes & Nobles just to browse, and came across this book:

It's called Madonna: Ambition.Music.Style

Madonna_cover_imag_3101381k.jpg

81Aiw%2B%2B%2BSbL.jpg

9781781771792_2_Z.jpg

9781781771792_1_Z.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Madonna-Ambition-Music-Caroline-Sullivan/dp/1780975635/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447615681&sr=1-5&keywords=Madonna

It's new! All retrospective, it even covers information on Rebel Heart!

Just thought I'd share for those that like buying everything Madonna. Plus the Holiday season is approaching!

There's a lot of photos, and it's not just press and live photos either.

It's a lot like this one that came out a few years ago:

m_b_bn__79022_zoom.jpg

Guest ditaluver

Don't know if someone had already made a post about this, but I was at Barnes & Nobles just to browse, and came across this book:

It's called Madonna: Ambition.Music.Style

Madonna_cover_imag_3101381k.jpg

i saw this!!! I took lots of pictures of the book. Ill upload and post!

I got this last year but it ended at MDNA! They must have added a RH chapter for the paperback edition? One of the best ever Madonna books by far, as it focuses exclusively on her music.

Wow! That book looks amazing. Some of the biographies by her leave a lot to be desired, but this seems like a must have.

Guys, I too got a bit excited about this Caroline Sullivan book as it's by a Guardian journalist, but it's only worth it for the pictures and having a book that covers her entire career if that's what you're looking for. In terms of her music and career, there's a lot of errors and her opinions of Madonna, which are often presented as fact, are sometimes just plain laughable - providing you have a sense of humour. It's poorly researched and there's nothing new in here that you haven't heard before. Some journalists are just plain lazy! If you only buy one book for Christmas, buy Matthew Rettenmund's - I say this with confidence in Matt being someone that digs DEEP, even though mine hasn't arrived yet!

Guys, I too got a bit excited about this Caroline Sullivan book as it's by a Guardian journalist, but it's only worth it for the pictures and having a book that covers her entire career if that's what you're looking for. In terms of her music and career, there's a lot of errors and her opinions of Madonna, which are often presented as fact, are sometimes just plain laughable - providing you have a sense of humour. It's poorly researched and there's nothing new in here that you haven't heard before. Some journalists are just plain lazy! If you only buy one book for Christmas, buy Matthew Rettenmund's - I say this with confidence in Matt being someone that digs DEEP, even though mine hasn't arrived yet!

I can see that by the picture choices in each era.