Ja Rule speaks about Madonna and getting best advice from her

XXL

ja-rule-interview-mtv-2015-billboard-650

What’s your advice for up-and-comers trying to navigate the music business?

It starts with you. It starts with the person in the mirror. Know yourself. Know what you want. Madonna gave me the best advice ever about this business. She said, "Anything in this business you want, just ask. The worst they can tell you is 'No.'" And that stuck with me.

When did she tell you this?

When I did my first, first movie ever. Turn it Up. It was a Guy Ritchie production. I was this young guy in the business and coming from her, that meant a whole lot, that she would give me advice on the business, and I've kept that with me all along. You get a lot of people in this business that want to predict what's gonna happen before it happens. I hate those people. I hate people that tell me, "Oh, Ja, they'll never do that. Why would they do that for you, Ja?" I'm like, "Did you ask them if they would do that?" "No, but I just know they wouldn't do that." How do you know that? Do you work in their office?” I got some [people who think like that] in my circle. I had to retrain their thinking. Like, don't ever let me hear you say to me, "We can't" or "They're not" or "That's not gonna" before you ask. Go in there and find out.

I'm sure you tell your kids that all the time.

All the time, all the time. But see, now it's backfired on me. Because they never ever think Dad's gonna say, "No." They're like, "Gotta ask dad. Gotta ask him. See what he says!"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6760816/ja-rule-donald-trump-madonna

:clap::clap:

I was watching some of his old stuff yesterday. You have to admit MURDER INC had some fun popular hits. They blame 50 for Ja Rules decline. And that is great advice from M, how nice of her to give it. You never know unless you ASK!