MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roland Barthes

New attack in Paris

Wounded 352, 99 critical, 129 dead.

I feel like puking. I was about to meet friends just where it happenned (10 th district). I'm trying to keep track of my friends. So scared.

Many are dead and wounded. 200 shots.

It's total chaos here.

I used to live right next to the Bataclan and I went there for a concert just a couple of weeks ago... I'm shaken and want to just cry out of anger and sadness. Everyone I know is fortunately ok but this is just horrible...

I was thinking about you both and I'm glad you're both safe. I had three different friends who were in Paris yesterday and fortunately all of them are safe. My best wishes to everyone in Paris and I hope for safety for everybody. xxx

How can they get rid of ISIS when they are everywhere? They are recruiting world wide, unless the army ends up on the streets of London, New York, Washington, Paris, Berlin and every other major city. A police state.

I was thinking about you both and I'm glad you're both safe. I had three different friends who were in Paris yesterday and fortunately all of them are safe. My best wishes to everyone in Paris and I hope for safety for everybody. xxx

Thank you. I hope you're doing better too yourself.

I'm dr.unk.

TV is on loop, the usual fuckers debating with as much hatred in their mouths as the ones with kalachnikovs in their hands.

Marine Le Pen is probably having her pussy leaking like it never did before. There are regional elections next month.

I see the faces of the ones that found death when like us they were just going to see their favourite band. Young, beautiful...dead.

I have mental pictures of The Bataclan popping in my head. That Sufjan concert for Illinoise with My Brightest Diamond and St Vincent in his band. PJ Harvey with John Parrish, even though i'm no fan of their collaborative albums, she was so free that night, she danced barefoot around John Parrish and all over the stage when she wasn't the one singing. Very unusual of her.

Emiliana Torrini who had problems with her spanx and kept joking about it. And that Emmanuelle Seigner (Roman Polanski's wife) concert (as a guest for work) that is probably one of the biggest laugh i've ever had in my whole life. We laughed during it because it was so bad but 4 hours after the concert we were still crying laughing and even today with my bff we still talk about it laughing our hearts out. One of my sister used to live nearby. My BF used to live rught behind it. I used to live a few blocks away. I know the bar rue Bichat because it was a great sunday hang out but usually very loud, two friends used to live right by it and they had to move because it was always packed from spring to late fall when the weather was good. Last night as not very packed because there was a soccer game on tv. These are familiar places i used to walk before everyday for years before i moced to the left bank.

I'm dr.unk.

TV is on loop, the usual fuckers debating with as much hatred in their mouths as the ones with kalachnikovs in their hands.

Marine Le Pen is probably having her pussy leaking like it never did before. There are regional elections next month.

I see the faces of the ones that found death when like us they were just going to see their favourite band. Young, beautiful...dead.

I have mental pictures of The Bataclan popping in my head. That Sufjan concert for Illinoise with My Brightest Diamond and St Vincent in his band. PJ Harvey with John Parrish, even though i'm no fan of their collaborative albums, she was so free that night, she danced barefoot around John Parrish and all over the stage when she wasn't the one singing. Very unusual of her.

Emiliana Torrini who had problems with her spanx and kept joking about it. And that Emmanuelle Seigner (Roman Polanski's wife) concert (as a guest for work) that is probably one of the biggest laugh i've ever had in my whole life. We laughed during it because it was so bad but 4 hours after the concert we were still crying laughing and even today with my bff we still talk about it laughing our hearts out. One of my sister used to live nearby. My BF used to live rught behind it. I used to live a few blocks away. I know the bar rue Bichat because it was a great sunday hang out but usually very loud, two friends used to live right by it and they had to move because it was always packed from spring to late fall when the weather was good. Last night as not very packed because there was a soccer game on tv. These are familiar places i used to walk before everyday for years before i moced to the left bank.

I feel very heavy hearted for Paris. It's so awful when it's near, the places you know turned to a nightmare.

How can they get rid of ISIS when they are everywhere? They are recruiting world wide, unless the army ends up on the streets of London, New York, Washington, Paris, Berlin and every other major city. A police state.

In this particular case I think it is appropriate to fight ISIS as a military target because it is a de facto state in Sunni controlled Iraq and Syria and must be destroyed as a state. We are not fighting isolated, small groups of religious fanatics. Of course in urban areas it has to be a police/enforcement problem (which is what Obama doesn't understand, he wants to do distinguish himself from Clinton by doing it all from the Middle East even the number of attacks has soared since 2001...).:(

Like others on the forum, I watched the news coverage of the horrific events as they unfolded last night. I went to bed feeling heartbroken, scared, angry and confused by it all...I didn't sleep well of course, like many others. Still shaken by it today. My thoughts, love and prayers are with the people of France, and more importantly, with the world over. We should be fighting for peace - not religion.

I'm dr.unk.

Big hug for you! xo

I'm dr.unk.

I'm sure you'll do your part in helping Paris to recover and come back stronger and happier than ever. xxx

I'm still in shock it happened Rue Bichat, the street where I lived 10 years ago. A small unknown street. I have so much memories, there. One of the best year of my life.

And now it will forever be associated with this cruel and terrible attack. I'm devastated and just can't stop thinking about it, about my friends in Paris, about the familys of victims... :(

Guest Rachelle of London

The amount of people this incident has affected. I didn't realise so many are still critical.

Isis scum bags are driving around some areas of London waving ISIS flag. Why doesn't the police stop them?

Undercover reporter has stated that UK is next.

It shouldnt be allowed to wave ISIS flags around. Its both a form of terror given what is going on and could be seen as recruitment for terror.

I hope the UK has better knowledge/intelligence, you have stopped awful plans before. I trust uk police/intelligence more than norwegian when it comes to terror.

I'm still in shock it happened Rue Bichat, the street where I lived 10 years ago. A small unknown street. I have so much memories, there. One of the best year of my life.

And now it will forever be associated with this cruel and terrible attack. I'm devastated and just can't stop thinking about it, about my friends in Paris, about the familys of victims... :(

So you know it's not a fancy part of Paris and that's what angers me as well, these cowards did not dare attacking places in west Paris where there are many embassies and military but the poorest part of the city because they knew they did not risk being caught by the military and the Police. Rue Bichat and rue du Faubourg du Temple are a melting pot where a lot of immigrants live, illegal ones as well as legal ones, every nationality. People with low income so that means a lot of young people and students. Even if it's now gentrified it's still a very liberal part of Paris and there's an hospital right in front of it Bichat/Saint Louis, a kindergarden too. that's where underground and queer alternative parties are held and originated from.

So you know it's not a fancy part of Paris and that's what angers me as well, these cowards did not dare attacking places in west Paris where there are many embassies and military but the poorest part of the city because they knew they did not risk being caught by the military and the Police. Rue Bichat and rue du Faubourg du Temple are a melting pot where a lot of immigrants live, illegal ones as well as legal ones, every nationality. People with low income so that means a lot of young people and students. Even if it's now gentrified it's still a very liberal part of Paris and there's an hospital right in front of it Bichat/Saint Louis, a kindergarden too. that's where underground and queer alternative parties are held and originated from.

This is exactly what I thought.

Yes . I know all this. It's like if they attacked their own people.

I'm speechless. Friends are telling me now that while parisians were offering to shelter people they didn't know, some bars threw their customers out in the cold when we did not know what was happenning and if killers were on the run in the streets shooting people.

I'm speechless. Friends are telling me now that while parisians were offering to shelter people they didn't know, some bars threw their customers out in the cold when we did not know what was happenning and if killers were on the run in the streets shooting people.

Well that sucks :(

It's telling when generosity and compassion moslty come from normal citizens. Throwing anybody on the streets while in the middle of any attack is a new low for someone who owns/manages a public place

The amount of people this incident has affected. I didn't realise so many are still critical.

Isis scum bags are driving around some areas of London waving ISIS flag. Why doesn't the police stop them?

Awful

I heard they want to put SAS forces on UK streets

Is that the military?

Awful

I heard they want to put SAS forces on UK streets

Is that the military?

Just a bit yeah. They drop down with machine guns on parachutes.

Last time was in London we stayed at shoreditch Hoxton Hotel and right outside a weirdo with the the black flag driving by. I almost shat in my pants when we saw that. We wondered how come the country doesn't do Anything to stop this madness.

Many of those IS have UK / EU passports, the governments need to crack down on them and have them punished.

Turkey , Qatar and USA created Daech monster

The whole thing is despicable. The blame solely lies on the terrorists involved. That is it. Quit blaming the immigrants, the Muslims, the Americans, and what other bloody groups that have no first hand involvements in the attacks. Rather than wasting time on hate, channel that energy on love. Band together in showing empathy for the victims and finally do something about the atrocities committed by a group that no one gives much mind cuz it goes on a daily basis in a countries far, far away because those countries have no oil, no wealth to add to our materialistic world. The more time spent on placing blame is actually an insult to the lives lost.

Yes . I know all this. It's like if they attacked their own people.

They killed Muslims in Beirut the same day in the same kind of suburbs, no one is immune or "like" them unless they actually are. :(

Guest Rachelle of London

Last time was in London we stayed at shoreditch Hoxton Hotel and right outside a weirdo with the the black flag driving by. I almost shat in my pants when we saw that. We wondered how come the country doesn't do Anything to stop this madness.

Many of those IS have UK / EU passports, the governments need to crack down on them and have them punished.

Yup. East London you see it a lot. Very scary

The police don't do jack shit and it obviously causes tensions between communities. :(

We have human rights and freedom of speech to 'blame' for that. You can't arrest somebody for flying a flag.

There's so much going on in the background we don't know about. I'm sure those flying flags get noted and get checked out. Many of them will be idiots showing off that won't do anything.

The real guys will be low profile not drawing attention to themselves.

The terrorists targeted 'soft targets' that represent decadent western values such as drinking, dancing, music and the aim is to spread panic.