MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roland Barthes

New attack in Paris

I'm scared of chemical weapons. That horrible gas bomb a couple of years ago in Syria was terrifying.

ISIS is being used to destabilise Syria. Western wants to control that area and suffocate all allies from Russia, who wants to control it too.

That's why war on ISIS was just a pantomime for MONTHS. Even we asked ourselves here in Madonnanation why nobody was doing anything. Until Russia went and started bombings last October.

Like a script, Cameron, Obama and Merkel repeated the mantra that Putin was in fact bombings the rebels, a way to hide the fact that they were doing NOTHING to stop ISIS. Guns and missiles worth billions of euro were sold to Arabia Saudi, who is giving to both rebels AND Isis.

That is fact. That is still happening. This bombing nowadays is just part of the pantomime to build a extreme situation until the ONU allows another war there. A war against a fuzzy enemy with no structure and no boundaries. Doom to become another human fiasco but highly profitable for certain economic groups. Who will suffer the losses? Citizens from Syria, Iran... And we, if we are unlucky like French citizens were last week, or others who have been victims of terrorism. Casualties that aren't important for those Governments.

These moments are crucial. Don't be blind by anger or simple answers. Just try to read carefully between the lines.

Thank you

You said it, "like a script". Precisely. They allowed the Syrian situation to drag on for 5 years without lifting a finger, knowing it would get completely out of hand, so that in turn things would get exactly to where they are today: a scary point of critical mass. Sad and a joke really, a twisted sick one at that.

Inbefore someone accuses me of "what are we going to do about ISIS then" the answer is whatever our own corrupt politicians, in light of the obscenely immense financial and geopolitical interests they represent, decide to do about it and further use it to advance a broader objective, i.e. a third world conflict

That's the reality of this horrible thing, innocent civilians die at the choice of those in charge of us. The public get killed for decisions out of our hands.

Guest Rachelle of London

Terrorists have hijacked the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bamako, Mali. Theres over 190 rooms with 300 guests booked in for the weekend :(

Terrorists have hijacked the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bamako, Mali. Theres over 190 rooms with 300 guests booked in for the weekend :(

Dreadful news. Terrifying barbaric world we are living in. :(

Not that conspiracy bullshit again, please... We are talking about 130 french people who were killed by terrorists. This is real, okay? It's not Obama, Merkel or Putin. It's terrorists shooting innocent people with guns. And these terrorists come from Syria, it's a fact. Raqqa is the capital of ISIS, and they have training camps there, it's a fact. So, France and Russia are striking Raqqa.

Conspiracy??? I'm talking about news. They are there.

Up to you to stick your head in the sand.

Thank you

You said it, "like a script". Precisely. They allowed the Syrian situation to drag on for 5 years without lifting a finger, knowing it would get completely out of hand, so that in turn things would get exactly to where they are today: a scary point of critical mass. Sad and a joke really, a twisted sick one at that.

Inbefore someone accuses me of "what are we going to do about ISIS then" the answer is whatever our own corrupt politicians, in light of the obscenely immense financial and geopolitical interests they represent, decide to do about it and further use it to advance a broader objective, i.e. a third world conflict

Exactly.

I thought after 9/11 the world has learned something. Have tried at least to ask themselves "Why do suddenly a forsaken country is the centre of attention of big countries'.

This is terrible, please I hope it ends well for the guests. What a sad mad world we live in.

Since last summer I have to part my work between the magazine and the International section of the newspaper where I work. That means I have to read like thousands of different news from several agencies allover the world.

You can't imagine just how many news don't make the regular newspapers. And how biased western agencies are. Sometimes I get to make a clearer picture but other times I get to follow the main agenda. It's affecting me a lot to be witness of the disinformation.

For example: three weeks ago there was an important meeting from the EU about the Eastern countries and the refugees. Germany wants to apply some asylum rule that obliges refugees to stay on the first country they arrive. For Eastern countries that would be a nightmare they don't have the infrastructure to accept all that people, so EU answer is: take loans, we will give low ratings. Do you know what agencies say LIKE A SCRIPT? "we have to build solidarity and Easter countries are showing a lack of solidarity ". Not even one opinion from countries like Bulgaria or Greece. Not a single word about the loans.

So I had to look for info by myself about those other opinions and maybe my newspaper was the only one that showed a bigger picture. That took a lot of time, but at least I did what a journalist should do.

This is just a silly example but it happens all the time.

everyone must read and inform about things....and distinguish between facts, biased informations, opinions (and some "western" agencies are biased or of low quality as "eastern" or from other latitudes....but in general there's no comparison.....and when i read comments by people based on some "regime" journals or agencies...well....so i don't see the point of making that geographic distinction...)

having said that you blamed france attack on isis bases (actually franch-russian) and moka just said what's wrong with that, they hit isis bases...

the reply has been a short history of recent and not-so-recent western politcs......

Guest Rachelle of London

Since last summer I have to part my work between the magazine and the International section of the newspaper where I work. That means I have to read like thousands of different news from several agencies allover the world.

You can't imagine just how many news don't make the regular newspapers. And how biased western agencies are. Sometimes I get to make a clearer picture but other times I get to follow the main agenda. It's affecting me a lot to be witness of the disinformation.

For example: three weeks ago there was an important meeting from the EU about the Eastern countries and the refugees. Germany wants to apply some asylum rule that obliges refugees to stay on the first country they arrive. For Eastern countries that would be a nightmare they don't have the infrastructure to accept all that people, so EU answer is: take loans, we will give low ratings. Do you know what agencies say LIKE A SCRIPT? "we have to build solidarity and Easter countries are showing a lack of solidarity ". Not even one opinion from countries like Bulgaria or Greece. Not a single word about the loans.

So I had to look for info by myself about those other opinions and maybe my newspaper was the only one that showed a bigger picture. That took a lot of time, but at least I did what a journalist should do.

Karby I met a guy on a long train ride, he used to be a journalist and he told me not to believe anyhting I read in the paper (I had the Metro on me) and he was telling me about how the paper he used to work for were so biased and would have them write straight out lies. The case with Baby P (where the government were paying off media) and he said he had a nervous breakdown over covering up a babys murder. Now he works in a garden centre. So I can see why you're so passionate as you are in that field.

I would trade my job for a garden center like right now hahaha.

You know, it's far more dangerous to tell a half true than a blatant lie. What we read are half trues. But we never get the bigger picture, the one that could make us understand. And it's so incredibly easy to manipulate with half trues...

I wont say "western media" but here in germany the media is manipualting the news very much or leaving important details out. Especially the news about Ukraine crisis and the turkish policy. Its just sick when you read other different agencies as well, and when you compare it you will not understand why the german agencies are leaving out immportant details.

1 month ago, german media called the terrorist gruop PKK (also recognised as terrorist gruop from EU and USA) as party of workers. But since the paris attacks they started to call them again as terrorist party.

What I want to say is, some media agiencies are manipulating news in favor of their own interests.

Surprisingly, after the refugees came unstoppable to germany, chancellor Merkel flew abruptly to Turkey. The reason is, and that is not mentioned in the news here, she wants to give Turkey 6 billion euro and turkey will close its bortders so that no refugees will come to euope. BUT she claims that germany is ready to take refugees and its humans rights. So you see the contradiction in actions. Its als surprising that some eastern european countries dont want to take muslimm refugees.

In USA black live doesnt matter, as in europe muslim live doesnt matter.

I would trade my job for a garden center like right now hahaha.

You know, it's far more dangerous to tell a half true than a blatant lie. What we read are half trues. But we never get the bigger picture, the one that could make us understand. And it's so incredibly easy to manipulate with half trues...

I listen to the patriarch of the Catholic Church in Syria when he urges the international community to find a political solution to restore peace and mutual understanding, as well as freedom of religion and expression in Syria, but that is about it.

Patriarch-Younan:-IS-cannot-be-defeated-with-air-raids,-the-West-has-betrayed-Christians-35909.html

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Patriarch-Younan:-IS-cannot-be-defeated-with-air-raids,-the-West-has-betrayed-Christians-35909.html

You should open a separate thread about stuff you come across that doesn't make the news. 'Sounds interesting.

The newspapers were filled with pages of Europes first female suicide bomber, yet today it was revealed she didn't blow herself up, she was killed by one of the men in the room who blew himself up. Maybe her screams for help were real and not just lures to get the police killed like the news reported? Either way, what was she doing with them. This is horrific.

And I can't believe what's happened in Mali, to recite a verse or die? it's barbaric.

so were is mali's flag on facebook's pictures?yes,I feel really close to france,well, they are from thr western world like us,and,I just realise that I go every year to paris, I used to live in the north part of the basque country, the one that is in france...so ye,I feel closer to them.but this is crasy,it's so unfair to the other death people in the otherr countries.even the underground in my city has asign with the french flag.because,yes,we are closer...the thing about the flag in the metro has really made me mad.I mean,when ETA was killing politician they didn't do anything! when al caeda killed so many people in madrid they didn't do anything!of course,with the killings in other continents:nothing.why only with france?

karbi! We need to know all these things!!! write another topic with everything! or a blog, or something!!!

and sometimes to be a journalist is really dangerous.My father is/was one, he is retired now, although they call it a lot of times when somebody is sick , as a favour...well, during the 80s, he had to be in his jobs´building for more than a year because the police wanted to kill him! he coudn´t get out of it! the police was in front of the frontdoor to kill him. In fact, when he was the director of a newspaper, they killed the second in charge. I remember going to school and people asking me if they had killed my father...

i was just in brussels with my friend, taking public transport. didn't see as many police/military compared to yesterday. then i got home & heard of the threat..

It would be interesting. But sometimes is a hunch, not a fact. Like the fact that central and North Europe wanted to rethink Schengen when refugees started to go there. Today EU decided to rethink Schengen because of security reasons.

I have a feeling that migration will be the biggest issue this century because of poverty, wars and climate changing and in ten years there will be borders again. They have enpoverished South Europe and they just want to receive our doctors and ingeneers but not poor people.

they are like literally checking all the houses in molenbeek.

karbatal,its interesting what you share. i also saw it as a fan of pop culture and from my media studies in college. but its also laziness from the journalists. agencies sent it out and they just say the same. people like you are real journalists, who do their job and research. thanks :)

Apparently it's linked to a botched robbing. Jawad has nothing to do with it this time!

I've just got back from France and it was so touching to see the memorials - the lights and the children's drawings tied to railings.

On the positive side, life seems very much back to normal. I felt pretty safe although I was often thinking what I'd do if things kicked off.

Someone that spent time with Isis / Daesh said the one thing the terrorists fear is people coming together and uniting but that's exactly what was happening. There were people of all ethnicity walking about the Christmas markets. It was lovely.