MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roland Barthes

New attack in Paris

that's so sad that poor little baby and father. :(

notice that what the guy says comes down to what Madonna said. I've learned this in media studies too. they are creating fear, and with that fear, people have an "excuse" to start a war and invade other countries. and terrorists win over insecure misfits or troubled people to their side

hi, I'm new to this Forum, but I've been reading here for a while. Excuse me, if I make some mistakes, I'm from Germany. ;-) I just heard in the news that they evacuated a soccer Stadium here in Hannover(Germany), because of a threat. That just makes me so angry. This Word ist so fucked up at the moment. Hannover is not far from where I live....everything thats going on right now makes me so angry. We can't let them stop us from having fun....

About half of our state governors are now saying they will not take in any refugees, and you even have an idiot like Trump saying we should close certain Mosques in America.

Sad ignorant moron with too much cash available :rotfl:

And what do you obtain by closing Mosques??????

Absolutely. We are at the brink of a total global conflict. Just ONE wrong move will put everyone up in arms against each other. Much like the terror attack that triggered the first world war in 1914. Terrorism mixed with great powers's greed is a receipt for disaster waiting to happen as history has shown repeatedly.

It's so sad really

And the worst is the most people in the "free, educated, civilised Western World" are happy to digest a 5 min condensed version of events offered by mainstream media without daring to question anything or read more. Like then, division and fear are the main weapons that allow few to control everybody else

hi, I'm new to this Forum, but I've been reading here for a while. Excuse me, if I make some mistakes, I'm from Germany. ;-) I just heard in the news that they evacuated a soccer Stadium here in Hannover(Germany), because of a threat. That just makes me so angry. This Word ist so fucked up at the moment. Hannover is not far from where I live....everything thats going on right now makes me so angry. We can't let them stop us from having fun....

The fact that ISIS already has thousands of operatives in Europe is precisely why it would be prudent to pause the process of refugees/asylum seekers coming to America. There is no way to check the background of someone that is coming from Syria and authorities need time to investigate what happened in Europe before this problem comes to the United States. The good news is that the bombers in Paris themselves disintegrated before they could perform their lethal task. That gives me hope these assholes may not be as competent or superhuman as we had been giving them credit for.And if the strategy against them from the West and Russia were actually less hapless or better organized we might be able to galvanize more local opposition in Syria and Iraq.

I knew this was going to happen and republicans were going to use this attack to scare the shit out of Americans to score political points.

About half of our state governors are now saying they will not take in any refugees, and you even have an idiot like Trump saying we should close certain Mosques in America.

So are all the Muslim countries....well maybe not half but at least five of the wealthiest Arab states have taken in no Syrian refugees at all, arguing that doing so would open them up to the risk of terrorism.

This little kid is so cute...

So are all the Muslim countries....well maybe not half but at least five of the wealthiest Arab states have taken in no Syrian refugees at all, arguing that doing so would open them up to the risk of terrorism.

And shame on them as well.

Even one of my hardcore liberal friends now thinks we shouldn't take any in, It amazes me how people are so easily swayed by fear.

Actually it disgusts me if you want to know the truth.

Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan have taken in approximately 4.8 million refugees.

The only countries not taking in refugees are the ones that are funding ISIS.

It can be tricky explaining things to kids but they are a lot more observant, resilient and able to process things than adults typically assume.

Here's a good article about talking to children about terrorism, with an embedded video on "Why a French newspaper for kids refuses to sugarcoat the horror of the Paris attacks".

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/17/opinion/is-it-normal-to-have-two-terrorist-attacks.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

and wembley singing the french anthem is extremelly beautiful,but Im afraid isis is not going to like it...but maybe is worth it?I mean,aren't they going to feel that france is bombing them while UK sings their anthem? :(

more problems.in paris.apparently another explosion,and gun fire

And 2 american airlines flights to dallas landed because of bomb threats

Scary :(

Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan have taken in approximately 4.8 million refugees.

The only countries not taking in refugees are the ones that are funding ISIS.

And many of those are now attempting to leave for Europe through Turkey, which is certainly a country funding and supporting ISIS.

No doubt the potential for political, ethnic and sectarian strife is huge in the Gulf States, Iran and Russia, everywhere really....The point is that the West is not necessarily much better equipped for handled this human fallout from the catastrophe unfolding across the Middle East.

30 more people dead in Nigeria after Boko Haram (linked to Isis) put a bomb in a car.

Media Mass will say little about this..

Guest Rachelle of London

Boko Haram are even deadlier than ISIS. The amount of communities across Africa that have been wiped out. Very little is done or mentioned as African lives arent as important as others. This world makes me sick.

to think of those poor 200 girl kidnapped that are disappeared.....and recently has been found in iraq a mass grave with 80 Yazid women and it seems there are at least a dozen more of these graves...

Guest Rachelle of London

The 2000 kids that have been kidnapped from schools across Nigeria this year alone :( People are homeschooling their kids and now and they're still vanishing

Boko Haram are even deadlier than ISIS. The amount of communities across Africa that have been wiped out. Very little is done or mentioned as African lives arent as important as others. This world makes me sick.

There's no oil in this part of the world. That's why our leaders think it's a 2nd zone part.

Isn't the president a Muslim former dictator who once pledged support for shar'ia to be implemented across Africa ? I really feel for the Christians perpetually being killed in the crossfire behind Muslim factions and between various tribes. If Nigeria had burned down 1000 mosques there would certainly be a reaction. Western countries would send in troops.

Greece vs. Turkey: Fans at Soccer Match Boo, Chant 'Allahu Akbar' During Moment of Silence, Report Says

The jeering and chant were heard while the teams observed a moment of silence in Istanbul Tuesday, a Reuters reporter said. "Our fans should have behaved," Turkey manager Fatih Terim said.

All the right-wingers are using this incident to further fuel their negative Muslim sentiment :(