Madonna & Compilation Albums

tasteinmen

So, I'm a little confused at the moment, I know why Madonna doesn't appear on 'Now That's What I Call Music' compilations because she hated the fact that the album was interfering with True Blue getting to number 1, but she did appear on Now 00s (Hung Up) and Now 30 Years (Into the Groove), which makes me think that she does allow her songs on compilations, but she rarely appears, does anybody know why? Does she cost too much?

Also, there's a new Now 80s album, and it's really disappointing that she didn't appear on it, Michael Jackson did, would have been great to have one of her songs on an 80s album. I know Depeche Mode refuse to appear on 80s albums due to not wanting to be pigeon holed, maybe this is the same with Madonna?

To my knowledge, Dress You Up and La Isla Bonita featured on "The Hits" album's in the mid 80's, but I don't recall anything being on the "Now" series until recently.

Girl Gone Wild was on The 2013 Brit Awards album, which seemed rather strange.

It was mentioned on the Now documentary that the compilation chart was created in the UK because Madonna was fuming that the compilation albums were interfering with True Blue's number 1 spot.

I don't think there's anything tacky about them.

I don't think there's anything tacky about them either...I just think Madonna is above them. Same with artists like Prince and MJ.

I don't think there's anything tacky about them either...I just think Madonna is above them. Same with artists like Prince and MJ.

Yeah I understand what you mean, I always assumed Madonna was above them. But I do love a good compilation.

Madonna hasn't appeared on any of the U.S. Now albums, as far as I know. WB did let ROL appear on Totally Hits or something to that effect, and I think she had appearances on a couple of Grammy Nominees albums (1998-on).

Not really...

Totally Hits 1 - ROL

Totally Hits 2 - BS

Totally Hits 3 - Music

Totally Hits 4 - DTM

The Rolling Stone Collection - 25 Years Of Essential Rock - Borderline

The Rolling Stone Women In Rock Collection - EY

Thrive Mix 2 - Sorry

Platinum Rhythm - Music

Songs for the Cure - Cherish

Songs For Japan - MA

Ultimate Grammy Collection - ROL

Ultra Dance 11 - Celebration

Ultra.Mix - 4M

Ultra.Weekend 2 - Sorry

Women In Rock - Holiday

Jock Jams Volume 5 - ROL

Grammy Nominees 2001 - Music

MTV Party To Go Platinum Mix - EY

MTV Party To Go Vol. 3 - D&D

MTV Party To Go Vol. 7 - HN

Ellen's I'm Gonna Make You Dance Jams - Music

between the covers - AP

dance nation - Celebration

dance with angels - Frozen

40 Years of KDWB 101.3 - Holiday

1999 Grammy Nominees - ROL

Barcelona Gold - TUTBMP

US releases ONLY and incomplete, I repeat "INCOMPLETE" list.

I excluded those B-side/Non hits songs (GTI/Supernatural/CR/PTT/IWY etc), soundtracks, promo, bootleg & Artist compilation from the list.