Confessions on a Dance Floor - Released 10 Years Ago Today

Braby

Release date: November 11, 2005 (AUS), November 14, 2005 (UK), November 15, 2005 (US)

madonna--confessions-on-a-dance-floor-13

A PHENOMENAL ERA. :thumbsup:

Here are a few articles published today celebrating the anniversary. :wow:

STATZ:

• The first album to top the album charts in 40 countries.

• Metacritic score: 80 (her highest, I believe?)

• Grammy award for Best Electronic/Dance Album

• Included in the Top 30 albums of 2005 in NME and Rolling Stone

:clap::clap::clap:

Guest Rocco Papa

An outstanding album. One of her best! :bow: This album got me through high school. Hung Up was (and still is) EVERYTHING! :headbang: Like It Or Not was my anthem! I Love New York, Jump, and Push all spoke to me on a personal level.

All the promo this era was fantastic! I remember being so excited to see her open the MTV EMAs to watch her first live performance of Hung Up! The Grammy performance blew me away as well! And I thought it was so cool seeing her first interview with Ellen afterwards. The videos were all great, even the animated video of Get Together. And I also remember streaming the Koko club show online! And I still have the Rolling Stone magazine from that period! I also remember watching IGTTYAS when it aired commercial-free on MTV!

The music was fantastic too! I remember MTV streamed the album before it was released on their website. I got all the maxi singles and loved some of the remixes better than the album versions (i.e.: PSB remix of Sorry, Paper Faces remix of Let It Will Be). And History, the b-side to Jump, was a nice surprise as well! I love the statement she made with that song. I absolutely fell in love with the Erotica/You Thrill Me remix on the tour. I never thought she'd do that song again! And the rest of the show was great too, especially the Live To Tell performance and Sorry remix interlude!

So many great memories from this era. A truly amazing time!

That album is fucking cool. Never ever will I forget that era, the hype for the EMAs and Grammys, her tour.

Everytime I went to the club I was listening to HU in my car very loud. Its just pure popfection :D

I still remember the first day I listened to it and fell in love with it! The promo for COADF was massive!! She was everywhere and it is one of my favorite eras. Everything worked so perfectly, music, videos, promo, tour!! :Disco_Ball:

I actually have a folder of magazine clippings from that era I saved! One thing that I have to say is, experiencing an entire album era of Madonna's while being in HIgh school = prob the greatest thing ever!

I was 15 and rushing home everyday to catch TRL to see Hing Up and Sorry at #1. Remember the auto voter? :lol: and then come holiday shopping, Macy's and Best Buy would play the songs allllll the time, not to mention Walmart aired the koko gig in stores.

It was a magical time. American Life seemed like ages ago when we first learned of Hung Up in July. Everyone was craving new Madonna, and a dance Madonna was well needed too! Everyone wanted so much for M and the album, and it turned out to be a huggggge success! I loved every minute of it!

That album means so much to me!

Guest Rocco Papa

I actually have a folder of magazine clippings from that era I saved! One thing that I have to say is, experiencing an entire album era of Madonna's while being in HIgh school = prob the greatest thing ever!

I was 15 and rushing home everyday to catch TRL to see Hing Up and Sorry at #1. Remember the auto voter? :lol: and then come holiday shopping, Macy's and Best Buy would play the songs allllll the time, not to mention Walmart aired the koko gig in stores.

It was a magical time. American Life seemed like ages ago when we first learned of Hung Up in July. Everyone was craving new Madonna, and a dance Madonna was well needed too! Everyone wanted so much for M and the album, and it turned out to be a huggggge success! I loved every minute of it!

That album means so much to me!

I was the same age!! :thumbsup: I have to say, having Madonna and the Confessions album/era during high school was like a bright light amid the darkness. It gave me hope of a more open-minded world and community as I was forced to endure a community that didn't seem as such.

That's why songs like Jump, I Love New York, and Like It Or Not meant so much to me.

Now, a decade later, we have Rebel Heart. :)

Memories........

My mom was driving me home from school, or something, and the radio people said that when they come back from the break they will play the new Madonna song as it had leaked or something and this was a day or 2 ahead of the official release. Up until this point, I had only heard the 2 official few-second audio clips online. Anyway, I forced her to park the car in the nearest parking lot because, obviously, you cannot drive AND listen to a new Madonna song.

And.......

I didn't see the live broadcast of the MTVE awards because it was on delay here, or something, so I was glued to some blog which was posting "live" pictures of the performance, instead of video. I don't think video existed back then.

Memories........

My mom was driving me home from school, or something, and the radio people said that when they come back from the break they will play the new Madonna song as it had leaked or something and this was a day or 2 ahead of the official release. Up until this point, I had only heard the 2 official few-second audio clips online. Anyway, I forced her to park the car in the nearest parking lot because, obviously, you cannot drive AND listen to a new Madonna song.

And.......

I didn't see the live broadcast of the MTVE awards because it was on delay here, or something, so I was glued to some blog which was posting "live" pictures of the performance, instead of video. I don't think video existed back then.

That's hilarious.

What to say? It's the era that united pretty much her entire fanbase; old, young, women, men, skeptics, casual fans, journalists, 80s fans, 90s fans, new fans.

It's her Resurrection.

Ill never forget when the Sorry video aired on the news here in Brazil , omg those were the times when a madonna video would be aired after the news on the main channel.

I saw that video and she looked so perfect and then i fell in love

Guest Rocco Papa

Memories........

And.......

I think YouTube started that same year, in 2005. So streaming video wasn't as common or as easy to access online as it is now.

I loved this album from start to finish from the day it came out. A week later, though, my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and most memories of this album are all of experiencing and watching what she went through. Our song was Jump.

It was a FUN era. To be fair, after the struggling AL era and the somehow cringe inducing RIT, it was so absolutely refreshing! Besides, Madonna doing pure pop was something that was not as common as it seems. Music and AL had been pretty experimental and not exactly a non-brainer. The same with ROL. You had to go back to 1999 for BS for a song with HU feeling, and even farther back for other pure joy pop songs

I enjoyed every little part of that era. Reminds me a lot to the RH era (without the phenomenal success). It was pure joy to listen to the album. It was a joy to be in the tour and later watch nonstop the dvd.

Totally joyful era. Still love the album, one of my top favorites. Has it been 10 years already? Time goes by so fast so furious! :)

Had Jump on repeat for a long time back then, still my #1 track off COADF.

From Madonnalicious.. I can't remember half of this stuff. What was the Confessions computer game thing? :wow:

gay_astoria_closingdown1news.jpg

london_promotional_news.jpg

coadf_confess_news.jpg

coadf_listening_party_back_news.jpg

heat_221005_news.jpg]

madonnacom_031005_news.jpg

coadf_toronto_limo_ns2news.jpg

coadf_dancemat_game_news.jpg

:wow:

i remember calling the line but for some reason in my country when i called it (from europe) it always went to a sex hotline

it was a confessions line for people to share their confessions. she said "by sharing your confessions, realise we can use your message at any time, until the end of time. so think twice if youre gonna be naughty" or something like that. so cute.

i dont remember it being so hyped. i just always thought thats the normal thing for madonna lol. i remember a guy on the radio saying he was disappointed M came "back with a cover". wtf?

i didn't like it when i first heard it. thought all the songs sounded a little the same. i loved isaac and push. (music has to grow on me) and after confessions I loved future lovers & forbidden love and lately I grew to love Get together