Berlin November 11

Nonoka

btw monte talked about meeting slayer backstage at M's concert. so they were there too

12237556_1516151675368184_635929942_n.jp

Back from the show! Yes she was VERY late which kind of sucked for me personally too because it took me ages (and lots of money) to get back home again, even worse than yesterday. Oh well. Not going to get into that talk again though. Let's just hope for the future, blah blah...you know the talk :D

Anyway...I was standing at the tip of the heart in the 3rd row, so after all I was pretty content with my location :) The organization as I've said earlier though was horrible and I'm sure I could have made it to 2nd or even front row (there were really few EE people tonight) but the handling at the gates ruined any chance...

Yes there was no medley and no WTG either. She did however perform LAP which was the most magical thing EVER. She looked me right into the eyes when she sang the first lines :inlove: And then the crowd just exploded, the song has such an immense power it really made everyone dance with her :)

M herself was pretty chatty again, didn't look pissed off to me. As always in Germany people who had seating tickets didn't stand up, so she addressed them before LAP and asked them if their seats are comfortable :D

The crowd - MNation's favorite topic ;) - was ok tonight, although by far not as good as yesterday (surely because of the lateness)...I did see quite a few people leaving before the show ended though, especially after UB. Other than that the arena was packed as always.

Oh my! Here I go again writing my heart out even though I am now really, and now for real really, dead ;) It's been pretty much 48 hours standing for me :lol::sneaky: I am really glad though I have yet another show to look forward to because honestly, once you've seen her once...you can't get enough of her! She is incredible...and yes, worth all the money and pain! :)

Guest Bald Ambition

Alright... I usually only lurk around here and never post, but I feel compelled to add my two cents today because I actually attended tonight's show and it seems that the people who watched it on Periscope did not truly get a feeling of what was happening in the arena. So, the facts: Yes, she was quite late and didn't start before 10.20... People were getting a bit impatient at around ten but it was nothing like MDNA at the same spot three years ago, where people where outright booing. I think it helped that it was the second show and most people were aware that she wouldn't appear before ten. I'm usually one of those people who don't really get the the whole late thing and I did get pissed at MDNA, but somehow the whole atmosphere in the arena was a lot more mellow tonight even before the show started.
Thankfully, I came in rather late myself - the bf and I showed up at 8.30 with GA tickets and still got a fantastic spot close to the tip of the heart stage – which of all the five Madonna shows I have attended live so far (Drowned World in Berlin, Confessions in Hannover, Sticky & Sweet in Berlin and MDNA in Berlin before this) was the best spot I ever had. Busy, but not too crowded, comfortable with enough space to dance and frequently amazingly close to the queen herself.
So yes, no Medley and no Who's that Girl tonight. I was prepared to get really mad in the case of the absence of WTG, but I can tell you that not a single soul in the audience tonight really seemed to mind in the end because the Like a Prayer performance we got instead was so otherworldly fantastic that I can't even describe what it felt like to experience it live. I've heard her perform it before at Sticky & Sweet and MDNA, but tonight she did it with so much passion and heart that the entire audience was at their feet, dancing and chanting along with her. One could tell that she was touched by people's engagement, especially when the enthusiasm carried into Rebel Heart, which turned into quite a surprise sing-a-along.
As is often the case with German ausdiences, it took a while for us to get really into things, which meant the first segment - while visually and musically stunning - didn't yet ignite true euphoria, but that seemed to change once she teased us again that Germans seem to be a little bit shy. From the second segment on, the crowd seemed on fire, at least from my perspective (not that that would be all that reliable with me dancing and jumping up and down all the time - but the people around me all did the same thing). She also seemed to get more and more content with the audience, frequently breaking out in huge smiles and bantering with us like I have never experienced her before.
Highlights for me are basically too many to count. True Blue, obviously; then Deeper & Deeper, which really blew people away and erased any shyness; Holy Water, for the amazing last supper scene, Like a Virgin, which seemed so endearingly earnest and heartfelt, Music, la Vie en Rose, the Illuminati interlude, Rebel Heart, LAP!!!!! Heartbreak City, Holiday, and even fucking Candy Shop which I have always passionately despised but it brought down the house tonight. Don't ask me how she did it, but count me into the CS camp from now on. Oh, hell, EVERYTHING was just so good. Rita Ora made a worthy unapolagetic bitch and she and Madonna genuinely seem to like each other.
So, in short, this was a fantastic night and the best Madonna concert I have ever attended. It was a special night and there was so much love in the air that I honestly think that everybody went home happy tonight, both the people on stage and everyone in the audience.
I'm one happy man today.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I think part of the problem is from the start of her touring career madonna set a standard for her live shows by creating a set list and an entire show from that set list and never deviating from it. Once it was decided what was to be played that was it set in stone. So we as fan became used to this, when in reality a lot of singers and bands like the stones & U2 etc have a different set list each night so if you attend lots of shows you may hear different songs each show sometimes rarities and other suprises.

I like that shes doing this it shows shes willing to mix it up and not be so set in her ways and can not be so in control of the entire production that she can deviate from the set list randomly.

Its also smart as people will be unsure what somgs will be played so may go to more than 1 show incase she plays secret or like a prayer or skips the melody etc that way she fills more shows. She knows what shes doing she is a smart businesswoman. We just need to get used to it and go along for the ride. She may not be doing it for the reasons i mentioned she may just be having fun and enjoying performing for a change and losening up her control freak ways.

However the lateness is not on. If there is a legitimate reason they could at least announce the delay and an approximate time she will make the stage its being considerate.

Imagine if in Blond Ambition, she skipped a section, or threw other songs in like this?

Iam finally back home, I missed my last train, so it took a while. I had the best evening tonight was front row at the cross where she climbes the cross during HW. I had an amazing view and nice people around me. I waited almost 8 hours but it was okay and it was worth it and don't have a problem with it but I can understand if other people have problems with it.

I thought out of all european shows this tour it was the best crowd. I was looking over to the seats quit a few times and people were dancing and out of their seats. That did not happen during the other shows that much.

LAP was pure magic. That song is so powerful.

M was very talkative and funny tonight again, she smiled a lot and she even smiled at me once.

I'm trying to remember the many little things but. I'm tired now.

Alright... I usually only lurk around here and never post, but I feel compelled to add my two cents today because I actually attended tonight's show and it seems that the people who watched it on Periscope did not truly get a feeling of what was happening in the arena. So, the facts: Yes, she was quite late and didn't start before 10.20... People were getting a bit impatient at around ten but it was nothing like MDNA at the same spot three years ago, where people where outright booing. I think it helped that it was the second show and most people were aware that she wouldn't appear before ten. I'm usually one of those people who don't really get the the whole late thing and I did get pissed at MDNA, but somehow the whole atmosphere in the arena was a lot more mellow tonight even before the show started.

Thankfully, I came in rather late myself - the bf and I showed up at 8.30 with GA tickets and still got a fantastic spot close to the tip of the heart stage – which of all the five Madonna shows I have attended live so far (Drowned World in Berlin, Confessions in Hannover, Sticky & Sweet in Berlin and MDNA in Berlin before this) was the best spot I ever had. Busy, but not too crowded, comfortable with enough space to dance and frequently amazingly close to the queen herself.

So yes, no Medley and no Who's that Girl tonight. I was prepared to get really mad in the case of the absence of WTG, but I can tell you that not a single soul in the audience tonight really seemed to mind in the end because the Like a Prayer performance we got instead was so otherworldly fantastic that I can't even describe what it felt like to experience it live. I've heard her perform it before at Sticky & Sweet and MDNA, but tonight she did it with so much passion and heart that the entire audience was at their feet, dancing and chanting along with her. One could tell that she was touched by people's engagement, especially when the enthusiasm carried into Rebel Heart, which turned into quite a surprise sing-a-along.

As is often the case with German ausdiences, it took a while for us to get really into things, which meant the first segment - while visually and musically stunning - didn't yet ignite true euphoria, but that seemed to change once she teased us again that Germans seem to be a little bit shy. From the second segment on, the crowd seemed on fire, at least from my perspective (not that that would be all that reliable with me dancing and jumping up and down all the time - but the people around me all did the same thing). She also seemed to get more and more content with the audience, frequently breaking out in huge smiles and bantering with us like I have never experienced her before.

Highlights for me are basically too many to count. True Blue, obviously; then Deeper & Deeper, which really blew people away and erased any shyness; Holy Water, for the amazing last supper scene, Like a Virgin, which seemed so endearingly earnest and heartfelt, Music, la Vie en Rose, the Illuminati interlude, Rebel Heart, LAP!!!!! Heartbreak City, Holiday, and even fucking Candy Shop which I have always passionately despised but it brought down the house tonight. Don't ask me how she did it, but count me into the CS camp from now on. Oh, hell, EVERYTHING was just so good. Rita Ora made a worthy unapolagetic bitch and she and Madonna genuinely seem to like each other.

So, in short, this was a fantastic night and the best Madonna concert I have ever attended. It was a special night and there was so much love in the air that I honestly think that everybody went home happy tonight, both the people on stage and everyone in the audience.

I'm one happy man today.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Amazing!!! And welcome, start posting more often!

LAP on this tour must be absolutely magical. I adore WTG and medley, but LAP... **buys tickets to Australia shows**

She should have skipped the whole Dick Tracy section and sing La Isla Bonita :lol:

LOL with which outfit?

Tonight's show. Let me just say this: LIKE A PRAYER!!!!

I had tears running down my face. Magical! Mind is blown!! More tomorrow. Coma first.

Here's my video:

Incredible! This song is like a religious experience. not even remotely joking

I think part of the problem is from the start of her touring career madonna set a standard for her live shows by creating a set list and an entire show from that set list and never deviating from it. Once it was decided what was to be played that was it set in stone. So we as fan became used to this, when in reality a lot of singers and bands like the stones & U2 etc have a different set list each night so if you attend lots of shows you may hear different songs each show sometimes rarities and other suprises.

I like that shes doing this it shows shes willing to mix it up and not be so set in her ways and can not be so in control of the entire production that she can deviate from the set list randomly.

Its also smart as people will be unsure what somgs will be played so may go to more than 1 show incase she plays secret or like a prayer or skips the melody etc that way she fills more shows. She knows what shes doing she is a smart businesswoman. We just need to get used to it and go along for the ride. She may not be doing it for the reasons i mentioned she may just be having fun and enjoying performing for a change and losening up her control freak ways.

However the lateness is not on. If there is a legitimate reason they could at least announce the delay and an approximate time she will make the stage its being considerate.

:smooch:

Great reviews!!!

I guess that maybe the reason of why she doesn't sing the medley is because she doesn't like the dress, in the USA she always complained about it and then she found out that she could replace that with acoustic songs like Secret, LAP or Gt. I hope that she keeps the medley for Mexico.

Maybe she thinks that the medley is too Latin for Europe? Who knows

Great reviews!!!

I guess that maybe the reason of why she doesn't sing the medley is because she doesn't like the dress, in the USA she always complained about it and then she found out that she could replace that with acoustic songs like Secret, LAP or Gt. I hope that she keeps the medley for Mexico.

Maybe she thinks that the medley is too Latin for Europe? Who knows

I agree. That dress always seems to be in her way and awkward. So she says , ok I'll sing like a prayer but in that dress!!!

But seriously, she's making sure everyone goes to both shows in each town.

Oh the opening act was DJ Mary Mac. she's from NYC was amazing. The set was great and it was very entertaining just looking at her. She should open more often for M.

Really? I thought she was was the worst DJ ever. And so did the people around me. I hated her in Cologne already. Stephen Hawking could have done it better imo. Different tastes I guess ;-)

Anyway. Still on a high. The two Berlin shows were amazing. The crowd was a a bit better the first night, however, after LAP, they were on fire for the second show. It was like a religious experience. That performance alone was worth all the waiting (start time 10:24 pm), the standing, pushing and shoving. These shows will go down as my favourite ever.

awww she's tired.

madonnaTired Unapologetic Bitch! . Go to Bed!!❤️#rebelhearttour

12224116_848322391951723_172481269_n.jpg

there was a after show party in her hotel, soho house berlin, in the roof...

https://www.instagram.com/p/99r1DhmFe_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/99_trlLT4g/

https://www.instagram.com/dom_sesto/

dj mary mac snapchated from the party....

Edited by bea19277

there was a after show party in her hotel, soho house berlin, in the roof...

https://www.instagram.com/p/99r1DhmFe_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/99_trlLT4g/

https://www.instagram.com/dom_sesto/

dj mary mac snapchated from the party....

no wonder she's tired.