MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
billiejean

RETRO music

Inspired by the Elvis thread. ;)

Do any of you like the music from the 50s and 60s, or even the 40s?

The girl groups like Shangri-La's, Ronettes, Supremes, Shirelles... singers like Dusty Springfield, Nancy Sinatra, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Sandie Shaw, Petula Clarke, Shirley Bassey, Elvis, Dion & the Wanderers, The Beatles, Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson, The Platters, The Drifters, Motown as a whole, the list goes on.

What are some of your favourite GOLDEN OLDIES?

tumblr_mkhhvj9LOl1r29ijto1_500.gif

Is this really retro? Whenever I play it, feels timeless to me:

Is this really retro? Whenever I play it, feels timeless to me:

My dad would agree with you, he loves Oscar Peterson :)

My dad would agree with you, he loves Oscar Peterson :)

:) me too!

omg! another carmen miranda lover?! ..

right after Chica chica boom chic this is my second fave Carmen Miranda song:

Hey :) I love Carmen Miranda and Brazilian music very much too, Nara Leao, Elis Regina, Astrud Gilberto, Gal Costa, Raul Seixas, well I love good music :)

HELP! Each time a Mnation page has several videos the page crashes and crashes! I tried for over ten minutes now on page 1 in this thread, but got in at page 2 :megamanson: I can never read video threads then??

HELP! Each time a Mnation page has several videos the page crashes and crashes! I tried for over ten minutes now on page 1 in this thread, but got in at page 2 :megamanson: I can never read video threads then??

Oops I am sorry about that, I have posted loads I must say (got carried away by the great topic) - what browser are you using? and what sort of connection do you have? Did you try clearing your cache?

Oops I am sorry about that, I have posted loads I must say (got carried away by the great topic) - what browser are you using? and what sort of connection do you have? Did you try clearing your cache?

Safari on ipad. Yes I've cleared it recently :(

It happens in each thread with several videos, as long as there are only a few videos per page its fine but then suddenly not. It's a great topic, to bad I can't view/post in video threads! (Unless its the beginning of the page like now)