Your Favorite Era Look?

Slim Shady

Guest Pud Whacker

So that is your favourite look?

dont make me ignore you.

i love ALL madonna's looks. they all make sense because she arrived as street glam. black t-shirt, loaded bracelets, platinum hair, red lips, beauty mark. Thats when i come on board. so True Blue makes sense and is fabulous. Express Yourself. Justify My Love. Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light. Music. America Life. Confessions. Hard Candy. MDNA. Rebel Hole.

ALL OF IT.

There are so many favorite eras looks wise its hard to pick, but this will probably always be my favorite picture of her. She is just beyond stunning and "natural" looking in it. I could stare at it all day.

1998%20-%20Madonna%20by%20Mario%20Testin

And its funny that many think Ray of Light was the era Madonna really "cleaned" herself up and people bash her now for showing her tits, but she was showing her tits even during the ROL era. ha

ray16.jpg

With each era, there is always one look I ***LOVE*** and then there is a look I never want to see again, and then there is a look I will love to see more of, and a look I saw waaaay too much of.

Right now, I ***LOVE*** the first and second section of the Rebel Heart Tour. For me to say I like her look for the Rebel Heart era, that will be a no. There really isn't a complete era I loved all the way through.

However, I can say there have been interesting eras, where there was plenty of variety, where at least if I wasn't crazy about one look, she all ready changed to something else, and I loved it. There was plenty of variety during the Erotica era- and it was the most experimental. I didn't love everything in it, but there was always something to look forward to. Every video was something completely different, and even the interviews had something different happening. Even the Erotica video, itself, had all of these different personas in it besides the main Dita one. After the dark Erotica video, she made several appearances- one like a German Heidi, another with the beret and polka dot tie, and then came the D&D video. From dark Erotica to a flashy disco. I did not like the D&D video, but I loved the change. Then came the Bad Girl video where she has the long blonde hair and she is this depressed business woman. A few more interviews/appearances in either all black or florals, then came the Fever video. RED hair (or hot pink according to her in an interview). I actually missed the premier of the Fever video, and it drove me crazy, because friends did see it, and they kept raving about her new red hair. Then she did appear on the 1000th Arsenio show, but with the short bangs and more blonde looking hair than red. I almost didn't believe the friends comments about the red hair when I saw this. I had to wait until August that year to see some of the Fever video, and it was on stupid Beevis with all the silly commentry over it. Then, finally came Rain with the black hair and futuristic look. That summer was paparazzi shots where she has red-blonde hair in either two braids or all down prepping for the Girlie Show. It was just so interesting watching her morph during this time wondering what will be next. I know I left out BOE and the making of the SEX book, and TUTBMP/ALOTO, but I started this "era" from October 1992 and ended it with August 1993. The MOST LOVED look during this "era" was the few seconds in the Erotica video where she has the super long blonde hair on the beach. I first saw it June 1992 when a friend said that Madonna was in Playboy- and I htought he was joking with me. When I saw the picture I died, because I thought she looked amazing. I hoped THAT was going to be THE LOOK. Too bad it was a few seconds in the Erotica video, and a few pages in the 1993 calendar. This is a perfect example of when a look wasn't done enough.

The Girlie Show, to me, was a new era. Even though it was a tour supporting the album, Erotica, it just felt like a different era all together. It's like I don't associate Blond Ambition with Like a Prayer.

dont make me ignore you.

i love ALL madonna's looks. they all make sense because she arrived as street glam. black t-shirt, loaded bracelets, platinum hair, red lips, beauty mark. Thats when i come on board. so True Blue makes sense and is fabulous. Express Yourself. Justify My Love. Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light. Music. America Life. Confessions. Hard Candy. MDNA. Rebel Hole.

ALL OF IT.

No offense but I think you misunderstood the question. :lmao: Ignore me if you want, it'll be another to add to the list. :rotfl:

My absolute favorite was when she was doing this old Hollywood glam look in the early 90s. Around the time of promo for Truth or Dare.

1991.jpg

0.jpg

22595539-22595541-large.jpg

view_13_MADONNA--TRUTH-OR-DARE_jpg.jpg

And of course, this forever and always:

350c87a8c8a3408ce8f74bc427d73c9b.jpg

And more recently (just want to throw this in here):

Madonna-Truth-Or-Dare-perfume.jpg

I can't choose. I was thinking of saying the whole Like a virgin era and Desperately Seeking Susan but then see all the other looks and love them so much as well. That is the thing with Madonna, she makes every era and look work. She does old time glamour better than anyone but also looks amazing with all other looks. The only celebrity that can achieve this.

The whole Truth or Dare era was amazing

Academy Awards

Moda Magazine

Cannes(festival, Wogan interview)

MTV's Dinner with M

Vogue Italia

The Advocate

Vanity Fair

MTV Contest ad('How bad do you want it?')

LA&NY premieres

EPK

Regis

When she cut off her hair and wore almost no make up on the cover of Rolling Stone / Papa Don't Preach . That was my FIRST Madonna's surprise and it did shock me a little in a good way.

oCUYiY.jpg

There are so many favorite eras looks wise its hard to pick, but this will probably always be my favorite picture of her. She is just beyond stunning and "natural" looking in it. I could stare at it all day.

1998%20-%20Madonna%20by%20Mario%20Testin

I feel the same way. This is my favorite look. Just perfection.

I also do love the cover photos of her first album. So many others...