Happy 25th Anniversary The Immaculate Collection

Guest gang bang

Guest Rocco Papa

Yes it is. I always catch myself comparing other greatest hits albums to TIC ever since I got it. It's perfect. They chose the right songs to put on it and the right time in her career to release it.

It was my first Madonna album ever. The album that introduced me to Madonna and helped me become a fan!

Some interesting facts about the early title, tracklist, and cover art for TIC:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2013/the-muddled-immaculate-super-heavyweight-collection-2/

I'm not going to lie. I like TIC.

But upon my first listen, I was really disappointed. I got over it though.

If I want the album version, then I'll listen to the album.

I've now accepted the changes to a lot of the songs.

But the one I will never accept is the "What are you looking at" at the beginning of TIC Vogue. Totally superfluous!!

It was such an amazing time. 1990 was truly her greatest year in my opinion (and she's had many great years). But 1990 was special. The Blond Ambition Tour, Vogue, and TIC were all iconic and transcendent. The Justify My Love controversy just made her even more exciting (and bad-ass).

TIC collection proved, even barely 7 or 8 years into her career that Madonna is an unparalleled pop genius. Astonishing, really: not even Michael Jackson could come up with a compilation that hits you non-stop with classic ear-popping hits, like BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

And then.. BAM! BAM! BAM! some more! :lol:

Guest Rocco Papa

:ohmy: Why did I never hear of this? :sad: I missed Who's That Girl and Causing A Commotion in my life for years and years! Can I get it now?

You could get it used on Amazon. It was only released in the UK in 1991. It contains the full album version of Holiday, True Blue, Who's That Girl, and the Silver Screen single mix of Causing a Commotion (which is mislabeled Causin' a Commotion). I found a copy on CD at a Virgin Megastore years ago!

Fun fact: some people have said that they can hear Murray the Cougar (from the movie) growling in the background of Who's That Girl, but I don't hear it on my copy.

R-526954-1271338930.jpeg.jpg

115200449-2.jpg

holiday-collection-madonna-3.jpg?w=700

You could get it used on Amazon. It was only released in the UK in 1991. It contains the full album version of Holiday, True Blue, Who's That Girl, and the Silver Screen single mix of Causing a Commotion (which is mislabeled Causin' a Commotion). I found a copy on CD at a Virgin Megastore years ago!

Fun fact: some people have said that they can hear Murray the Cougar (from the movie) growling in the background of Who's That Girl, but I don't hear it on my copy.

115200449-2.jpg

115200449-2.jpg

Thanks!!! :)

Yes it is. I always catch myself comparing other greatest hits albums to TIC ever since I got it. It's perfect. They chose the right songs to put on it and the right time in her career to release it.

It was my first Madonna album ever. The album that introduced me to Madonna and helped me become a fan!

Some interesting facts about the early title, tracklist, and cover art for TIC:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2013/the-muddled-immaculate-super-heavyweight-collection-2/

Thanks for posting this...I didn't know about the title/cover changes.