Interesting story about Madonna's mother (& her relationship with her daughter)

Nikki

Maybe this isn't new to some of you, but it was to me. I went on a free trial to read online books and typed in madonna just to see what they have. There's a biography named 'goddess inside madonna'. I dont know how reliable it is, but I thought it was both amusing and heartbreaking. but I was happily surprised to read that Madonna's mom and Madonna are more alike than I thought :lmao:(i always assumed she was a loving catholic sweet mom but she seemed a little controversial)

I just screen capped what struck me. but there's a lot more;

the story about madonna learning that her mother died is heartbreaking.

I also learned that madonna's grandmother elsie lost three children to cancer. not just her daughter madonna, but also 2 sons.

paragraphs about madonna's mother and how she has dealt with cancer

a2de1z.jpg

2a0i1op.jpg

elsie about M

cmffb.jpg

Elsie persuading her daughter to baptise Madonna

1415xg6.jpg

the 2 other sons elsie lost

2071bgz.jpg

this one is funny and very madonna

11mc5ti.jpg

this is all new information to me. and the way elsie and friends & family talk about madonna's mother, it's sounding like it could be about madonna (the daughter)

Those are exceptional. Thanks for sharing them with everyone.

For those who don't understand Madonna, they only have to look to this incident and it will make nearly all of Madonna's actions make sense. It inspired her drive, her work ethic, her fears, everything. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

I couldn't finish reading it. It felt like a gross violation into Madonna's childhood and privacy to be honest. :confused:

Madonna herself talked about her mother and childhood openly on howard stern. Thought people would love this because of her mom seeming to be as strong and persevering as M.. and how her grandmother talked about having the strong feeling M was gonna be someone special.

I meant well

Sorry Nikki I didn't mean it against you at all. Just my own personal feelings reading the text. It was more about the people that wrote those books I suppose. Ultimately they made money out of that which feels a little bit in bad taste. I don't mind if Madonna herself chose to write or talk about her mother as she has done on numerous occasions because it's her dead mother; but when others outside their own family do it, surely that's a bit ... wrong?

I know you meant well darling x

Wow! this is really personal I just skimmed some lines I feel like Madonna wouldn't want her fans to read this... Unless she told about it in article and about her mom is just so heartbreaking as fans It's not for us to know the details... I just feel it's disrespectful to Madonna and her family and this is just my opnion and I am NOT creating drama.

Those are exceptional. Thanks for sharing them with everyone.

For those who don't understand Madonna, they only have to look to this incident and it will make nearly all of Madonna's actions make sense. It inspired her drive, her work ethic, her fears, everything. It's heartbreaking and beautiful.

So true. Madonna has talked about her mother's death in quite a lot of detail and how it changed her entire life and how she saw the world. She always pays tribute to her mother in the most beautiful ways and did so recently in the Ghosttown video when she kissed her picture. Very heart-breaking and such a devastating event for a little girl to go through.