Does anyone have...

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

The Bedtime Stories sound byte where she's like "Hello all you cyber nerds.. welcome to the 90's version of intimacy"

I'm looking for the original file that was available on the Warner site, I think it was WAV format...

It shocks me how she embraced the internet right at the very start but then she didn't follow through. It must have been all that file sharing situation with Napster that put her off and when she realised that that wasn't going to be stopped it was already too late cuz a new generation of artists had already been working hand in hand with the Internet thing. Digital era hasn't been kind to Madonna unfortunately...

I guess it's more a generation thing. Internet can be either a useful tool for work or a way to scapism and waste time. Madonna has used Internet to work, not for other things.

And she's right. Internet doesn't help big artist at all. Only novelty ones or acts aimed to kids. Legends have suffered more from Internet than have profited from it. And Madonna, being so clever, knew it was not a friend, but an enemy. that's why she was one of the very last to have her songs in iTunes.

It's incredibly GREAT for work and other things! I'm very glad it exists.

The bad thing is that they didn't controlled the free contents at first. Nowadays people think that everything related to culture and entertainment has to be FREE.

The internet sucks. I sometimes wish it never happened

Yeah i sometimes think this. Im sorry but im an old fashion girl, I like how it used to be. Everything now is like fast food junk, nothing now is truly appreciated.

It shocks me how she embraced the internet right at the very start but then she didn't follow through. It must have been all that file sharing situation with Napster that put her off and when she realised that that wasn't going to be stopped it was already too late cuz a new generation of artists had already been working hand in hand with the Internet thing. Digital era hasn't been kind to Madonna unfortunately...

Not just Madonna but the whole music industry is at fault. Instead of innovation and embracing the Internet from day one,they fought and obviously lost in the end and now sales are in the shitter. By removing cd singles and forcing people to buy albums for a hit single, record companies greed fucked them over in the end. If the transition from cd singles to iTunes went smoother / quicker etc people would not have embraced napstar and stealing singles, which led to stealing albums ( it probably would have remained at the level of recording / stealing from a cassette).

( it probably would have remained at the level of recording / stealing from a cassette).

When I used to use Napster, I saw it no different than when I was recording songs off the radio or mtv or a friend's album. I never bought music- just about everything I had was recorded from a cassette.