Adele's 25 inspired by Ray of Light

MadCrazy

The direct sonic influence is hard to find, but one of the chief inspirations for 25 was Madonna's Ray of Light. "You know what I found so amazing about that record?" Adele says. "That's the record Madonna wrote after having her first child, and for me, it's her best. I was so all over the place after having a child, just because my chemicals were just hitting the fucking roof and shit like that." She felt detached from her artistic self. "I was just drifting away, and I couldn't find that many examples for myself where I was like, 'Fuck, they truly came back to themselves,' until someone was like, 'Well, obviously, Ray of Light.'" Adele listened to it over and over, and was particularly captivated by "Frozen." "I took that song as 'I've gotten my confidence to come and do me again.' "

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adele-inside-her-private-life-and-triumphant-return-20151103#ixzz3qTr9yQXB

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

It is nice that she sees Ray of Light at the place it deserves to be.

BUT

Inspirations from other people's pure instincts never seemed to worked in the past. Same formula won't work for her because it was simply not a formula but M's instincts, spirit.

Considering Hello, other songs on album should be better to reach a standard that can remotely get close to 21.