Borderline or Burning Up?

Diversity83

Borderline for me. I don't think it's whiny at all. Haven't you ever felt what she talks about in the song, even once?

BU's chorus annoys me and I can never really listen to the song all the way through because of it.

Edited by billyto

:lmao: Poor Pud, I feel his pain and respect his wrath. It's the exact same for me when ppl say Drowned World Tour is too dark. RAGE QUIT MNATION for the day ..

But...

I'm not the same I have I have no shame. I'm on fire!

The answer is clearly: Burning Up.

I'm an old who thinks Borderline is overrated so it ain't a Spice Girls thing! lol. It's just a mousey sounding song to me and the video has no real "it" moment for me. Not like Burning Up..

The Burning Up video is quintessential 80s and neon fantastic pussy cat hot vibes deliciousness! The Face!

Never much cared for Holiday either. The first album is all about Lucky Star, Burning Up and Everybody imo

I don't think they're the same.

Burning Up is about her lust and her willing to do anything to get her fix. She'll go above and beyond for what she wants.

Borderline is about her love for her man who won't fully commit. She loves him to death, but she's tired of him playing games.

It's a tough choice, but I'm going with Borderline.... for now :doofus:

Feels like I'm going to lose my mind.

Exactly. It's fucking Borderline.

Pud and I were there. Anyone who wasn't alive at the time both songs were released, gets their votes voided.

:lmao: Poor Pud, I feel his pain and respect his wrath. It's the exact same for me when ppl say Drowned World Tour is too dark. RAGE QUIT MNATION for the day ..

But...

I'm not the same I have I have no shame. I'm on fire!

The answer is clearly: Burning Up.

I'm an old who thinks Borderline is overrated so it ain't a Spice Girls thing! lol. It's just a mousey sounding song to me and the video has no real "it" moment for me. Not like Burning Up..

The Burning Up video is quintessential 80s and neon fantastic pussy cat hot vibes deliciousness! The Face!

Never much cared for Holiday either. The first album is all about Lucky Star, Burning Up and Everybody imo

Exactly. But I love Holiday. I always need one

This is rather difficult but i'm going to say "Burning Up". There's so much passion and energy in that song.

It's so raw and I just LOVE it.

The whole album is perfect.

Guest Pud Whacker

I love them both!

I'm still appalled at the spice girlettes here putting down Borderline!

Sloane, I saw and loved all your posts! Xo

Scrapple you're a fellow old therefore your opinion is more important. Team Burning Up needs you LOL.

You get the deciding vote, I'm feeling good about this one. Picking Burning Up pleeez.

I can't believe what I'm reading. The only post that makes any sense is webo girl.

Borderline was the first video anyone saw of hers. It's what REALLY started it all. Her first top 10.

Anyone talking shit didn't live through it and came of age with the spice girls.

Not if your an Aussie, where Burning Up was a hugh hit and its video played everywhere ( well countdown with Molly meldrum anyhow :) )

Burning Up is for real men, Borderline is for soft cocks ( except for the orange and green socks and pumps, which are fabulous! )

Love both, but Borderline.

So many people think Lucky Star was her first big hit in the States, especially with the random swap on TIC. It was Borderline. Holiday was definitely noticed and loved, but it's become bigger with time and taken on a mythic aura. Borderline was the first unabashed smash and top ten hit and was a big deal in the summer of 1984.

I've stared at that Burning Up hair since 1983.

Snap out of it. Borderline, baby. Borderline.

The amount of hours I spent trying to get my hair to look like M's in Burning Up and Borderline......

Burning Up! I love the guitar in it. It's the perfect combination of rock and dance. It always makes me dance. Borderline always made me think of cats going "meow meow meow meow meoooowwwww!" Then the misheard lyrics "I don't want to be your prisoner" I always think it's "business" even though I know the words lol.

I love both

But Burning Up for me

It's about her hot pussy acting like a fire hydrant, squirting out all her hot juices all over herself

It's why I love physical attraction so much

This thread! :ohmy::laugh:

I'm with you!! LOVE BOTH. A delicious crunchy apple and a refreshing juicy orange, both sweet and from the same tree.

Choose?

ImzEw29k.gif

I don't think so.

Q5eDgvb5.gif

:laugh: I know. They are both incredible. All down to personal taste though. Two of my favourite Madonna songs and both so different.

Live Ivy mentioned, Burning up was a big hit in Australia and the video was played constantly on Countdown with Molly loving it and promoting Madonna non-stop. . Borderline followed as the next big hit after Burning up so I have always seen them as being huge at around the same time. Madonna's debut album is as good as any debut by anyone.

I love both too much to choose one. Borderline is pure pop perfection that started it all. I was, unfortunately, not born yet but I love hearing the stories of everyone jamming to this song. A speaker at some graduation I attended mentioned her favorite memories included listening to Madonna's Borderline and drinking lemonade as a kid. I think the reason the song is so adored and beloved by both fans and critics is that it was the start of something new. The beginnings of music domination.

And Burning Up is also perfect, but in a raw, more punk way. The song really encapsulates the career Madonna might have had, especially the demo version. Burning Up is also great because it really captures Madonna's whole mindset with lines like, "I'm not the same, I have no shame."

Both are incredible songs that any artist would be lucky to have in their musical canon, but Madonna gave them to us both on her very first album. A sign that even greater things were still to come.