Borderline or Burning Up?

Diversity83

Borderline is a classic and I love the emotion in the song. But I also love the energy of BU so I can't chose.

Guest Pud Whacker

I can't believe what I'm reading. The only post that makes any sense is webo girl.

Borderline was the first video anyone saw of hers. It's what REALLY started it all. Her first top 10.

Anyone talking shit didn't live through it and came of age with the spice girls.

Burning Up. Because it was written by Madonna. Borderline did not have a huge impact in Europe, Holiday was so huge that it killed every momentum any following single could have had. Burning up for a european is also very so-so because the version we had is not the version that is best known today.

But yeah, Burning Up.

Both are incredible. The whole album is one of the best debuts ever. So it's hard to pick.

I remember not liking "Borderline" so much when I first heard it many years ago (I really got into Madonna in the 90's) but once it did kick in, I realized the levels and pure genius of the song. And the video. And the soulfulness of the backup vocals. I also ADORE "Burning Up" but my vote goes to "Borderline"

The first album was released the same year I was born and that's probably why I don't understand Borderline. It's like Reggie Lucas came up with a vanilla version of Burning Up. I don't really like the video either. I like it when Madonna is in charge not getting yelled at for spray painting a car and crying in a pool hall

I once was forced to sing Borderline karaoke. The DJ was this fat girl and I asked her to pick a Madonna song for me to sing since I couldn't decide and I couldn't go wrong with Madonna. Then she picks Borderline... I was pissed beyond belief when she wouldn't let me change it. She was obviously a casual

I can't believe what I'm reading. The only post that makes any sense is webo girl.

Borderline was the first video anyone saw of hers. It's what REALLY started it all. Her first top 10.

Anyone talking shit didn't live through it and came of age with the spice girls.

I knew you'd go mental when you saw this thread.

I can't believe what I'm reading either. People saying shit like "I never liked Borderline" or "It doesn't sound like a Madonna song".

Are you fucking kidding me?

Burning up!! But...its interesting, most of my friends/family (even if they hateMadonna) LOVE Borderline!! Something about that song appealed to lots of people. To me, its just ok.

Burning up!! But...its interesting, most of my friends/family (even if they hate Madonna) LOVE Borderline!! Something about that song appealed to lots of people. To me, its just ok.

Just "ok". !?!?!

Borderline is a quintessential Madonna song. It's got rhythm and blues, pop and sublime lyrics.

Like, Pud said. Because we're old fucks. :old:

If you had been there and heard the first fourteen second chords, and the marvelous intro, for the first time. You'd have shit your pants.

We'd never heard anything like it before. I was magical.

Burning Up.

But Borderline is another masterpiece, just not one I relate to often. "Something in the way you love me won't let me be..." Is a beautiful opening line.

C'mon baby, c'mon darling, yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh!

Now, if I had to choose between Say You'll Be There or Stop, now that would be difficult.

Just "ok". !?!?!

Borderline is a quintessential Madonna song. It's got rhythm and blues, pop and sublime lyrics.

If you had been there and heard the first fourteen second chords, and the marvelous intro, for the first time. You'd have shit your pants.

This. :clap:

Guest Pud Whacker

Just "ok". !?!?!

It still soothes me. It's like church bells.

Nothing beats Borderline. Gave madonna credit as a vocalist, too.

I'm shocked by all these comments.

I'm looking into a firing squad. :lol:

BORDERLINE

Hands down. Her first 'survival' song. She's being rejected in this song and she's trying to hang on to something they've started. She's not desperate!, and she never was!! Once again, she's a survivor in this song.

The line, "'Cause you got the best of me..." This is it, you've got all that I can give. She's being honest. The person who's fucking with her isn't. A very passionate pop song.

This is the 80's version of 'Waiting'.

A classic.

All of this!!!

I'm NOT going to choose between them! Borderline is so Madonna, what are you taliking about? :laugh: The emotion of her voice, cute and sassy video showing her off.. Burning Up never got shown as a video here, at least I never saw it but I LOVED listening to it on my tape and I love that she's brought it back with her flying V. :)